Volunteer in the infirmary!

Author Topic: little things [marker future modern au]  (Read 848 times)

Nari Parker

(05/31/2020 at 22:53)
  • Auror Trainee - Cold Case Taskforce
  • C4D4T3S3
    • View Profile

MODERN HIGH SCHOOL AU
August 16th, 2018

after the first football game of the season, parker home

She leaned up against the light wooden frame of her bed, phone bouncing between both hands as she debated on even opening the text app. Should she talk to him? After tonights game..things were off. Not to mention a certain red head on her team was bragging about recently hooking up with Finlay McCormick. She would have been lying if she didn't admit she felt her heart twist inside her chest. There was no reason she should have been jealous. They were just "friends" now, as he had casually put it. Readjusting her dark messy bun, Nari let out a sigh before swiftly typing in her passcode and hesitantly opening the little speech bubble app.

MADE BY ANNIE         09:31 PM              20%
     Troublemaker
So you and Bridget huh? When did that happen?
Not that I care or anything, just curious since she wouldn't stop bragging during the game tonight.
Message...

*thanks annie for the code <3

Code: (for received texts!) [Select]
[div style="margin-top:10px; max-width:130px; background:lightgrey; padding:10px; font-size:10px; border-radius:10px; margin-left:10px;"]WORDS HERE & STUFF[/div][div style="float:left; font-size:15px; color:lightgrey; margin-top:-20px;"]◢[/div]

Code: (for sent texts! (feel free to change color)) [Select]
[div style="margin-left:53px; max-width:130px; background:#0E86FE; padding:10px; color:white; font-size:10px; border-radius:10px; margin-top:10px;"]WORDS HERE & STUFF[/div][div style="float:right; font-size:15px; color:#0E86FE; margin-top:-20px;"]◣[/div]
« Last Edit: 05/31/2020 at 23:06 by Nari Parker »

* Finlay T McCormick

(06/03/2020 at 21:20)
  • Slytherin '70
  • C8D6T6S10
    • View Profile
His hair was still damp from his shower as he walked up to Jake's house. Fin didn't really think of Jake as a friend, the slightly younger kid was kind of annoying. The only good thing about him was that he had too much money and a set of absentee parents, making his house perfect for post-game celebrations.

Fin pushed the double doors open, greeted by the sounds of cheering. He gave the crowd his winning smile, arms spread wide like a conquering hero returning home with the spoils of war. He felt his phone buzz in his pocket as he passed some of his teammates playing video games in front of a giant TV.

"Good game tonight, boys," he patted one of them on the back as he grabbed his phone out and unlocked the screen to read the messages. He scrubbed an irritated hand over his face and through his hair before responding. Whatever happened to girl's kissing and not telling?

MADE BY ANNIE         09:33 PM              41%
     Tiny
Not that I care or anything, just curious since she wouldn't stop bragging during the game tonight.
Is it really important when it happened? I'm sure whatever she said was an exaggeration. It wasn't worth bragging about, not on my end anyway.
Message...
« Last Edit: 12/06/2020 at 18:40 by Finlay T McCormick »

Nari Parker

(06/04/2020 at 01:10)
  • C4D4T3S3
    • View Profile
Her finger lightly tapped her laptop's space bar to pause her current re-run of Avatar the Last Airbender as she felt her phone vibrate at an incoming text. At first it was a text from Rosie, going on about how Joey somehow was coated in blue slushee and popcorn from the game. The brunette let out a small snort of air out her nose before furiously typing back a quick response and her regards to Joey's unfortunate mix up. The next incoming text message was from Fin.

MADE BY ANNIE         09:35 PM              18%
     Troublemaker
Is it really important when it happened? I'm sure whatever she said was an exaggeration. It wasn't worth bragging about, not on my end anyway.
Calm down trouble, it's okay if you're scared she'll admit you kiss like a frog ;)
Message...

A small weight dipped near her left side alerted another presence on her bed. Nari glancing over to see her dad's ugly orange longhair feline, Arlo staring at her. She froze for a second just in case the cat decided to hiss and scratch at her but it never came. Instead he started rubbing his head along the brunette's arm.

"Well hi to you too" Nari smiled softly, giving the cat a little scratch on the top of it's head. Normally Arlo hated anyone that wasn't her dad. That cat basically worshiped her papa. There were only few moments Arlo was more a loving cat and tonight seemed to be one of them.

"Boys are so clueless Arlo" She sighed, watching the feline stretch before casually crawling into her lap. Okay, this was totally not like the satan-cat facade she had witnessed this afternoon before the game.
« Last Edit: 03/23/2021 at 18:11 by Nari Parker »
THIS LOVE IS
tainted

* Finlay T McCormick

(12/06/2020 at 18:36)
  • Slytherin '70
  • C8D6T6S10
    • View Profile
After slipping his phone back into his jacket pocket, Fin wended his way through the party. The first game of the season (with a win on top of that) always brought most of the students out. Fin smiled at the guys and winked at some of the girls he passed; once in a while feeling a pat on his back or a shout about how he played tonight. He waved away the praise as if it were nothing, but really Fin lived for it.

He entered the large, nearly commercial-grade kitchen where even more people were gathered. He grinned widely at the hoots and hollers that reached his ears. "Oh, stop it," he called in mock embarrassment.

His eyes travelled along the white marble countertops, the many drink choices making him shake his head. He looked up again to find the girls around the kitchen, leaning against the counters or sitting at the large wooden table in the corner. "Which of you ladies wants to get me a drink?" He gave a flirtatious smile as a few of them got up and went toward the drinks, eyeing up the choices.

With a sigh, Fin headed for the double door refrigerator, hidden behind a dark wood panel that matched the cabinets along the wall. Apparently none of these girls knew he only drank water or specific sports drinks during the season.

He felt his phone buzz as he opened the door, calling over his shoulder, "No worries, girls. I just want a water."

Nari would have known that about him. Probably Mara too. She was the type to know little details about her friends and then surprise them with that knowledge unexpectedly. Fin liked to think that Rosie would know too, even if that information was buried deep down beneath a gazillion other thoughts flitting through her head.

He twisted the cap off the water, threw it on the island and reached for his phone.

MADE BY ANNIE         09:41 PM              41%
     Tiny
Calm down trouble, it's okay if you're scared she'll admit you kiss like a frog ;)
Oh Tiny. Even if she did say that we both know it's not true. ;)
Why are you and Rosie not at this party?
Message...

Yep, he was definitely trying to change the subject.

A second later he was throwing his head back and laughing at the pic he'd just been sent of Joey coated in some blue substance.

Nari Parker

(12/09/2020 at 02:40)
  • C4D4T3S3
    • View Profile
Nari laughed at something her dad said, giving him a soft 'thank you' as she took the plate of takeout chinese food from him and settling back down in her bed. She had moved from netflix to youtube, watching those random 'top 10...' videos. Her phone continued to buzz, alerting her of more incoming texts. Her face frowned as she read a message from an unknown number.

He's mine. Like he'd want your pathetic self. He clearly prefers redheads, see?
[attached_image_15323]

MADE BY ANNIE         09:45 PM              15%
     Troublemaker
I didn't want to go alone.
plus you know what happened the last time we took Rosie to a party..
also you dont need to have girls threaten me to make me jealous, I already am aware we broke up.
Message...

Nari only let out a puff in frustration, slapping her phone onto her bed and pushing herself up off the furniture.

She was going to that party.
THIS LOVE IS
tainted

* Finlay T McCormick

(01/03/2021 at 05:37)
  • Slytherin '70
  • C8D6T6S10
    • View Profile
His laugh alerted more people to his presence, which normally didn't bother him at all. Fin had no problem being the center of attention. Except when that attention came in the form of Bridget Marlot.

Fin could barely keep his face from contorting in distaste. Been there, kissed that. Wasn't something he wanted to repeat. Apparently the redhead thought she still held some sort of appeal to him if the smile on her face as she attempted to strut her way over to him was any indication.

"I've been looking all over for you!" Fin stepped to the side, reaching for the cap he'd just thrown so that he could avoid Bridget's arms going around his neck. The move resulted in one of her arms across his back and Fin turned to look at her, a thin smile on his lips, just as she snapped a pic.

"Bridget." He nodded at her as he took a couple steps away. "Enjoying the party?"

He ignored her, looking down at his phone as it beeped several times.

MADE BY ANNIE         09:48 PM              41%
     Tiny
I didn't want to go alone.
plus you know what happened the last time we took Rosie to a party..
also you dont need to have girls threaten me to make me jealous, I already am aware we broke up.
Message...

A smirk started to tilt his lips up until he read the last message and a frown took its place. What the hell was that supposed to mean?

Before he could respond, a hand slapped at the phone in his hand and sent it spiraling to the floor below.

"The hell, Bridget?" He didn't bother disguising the anger in his voice or face.

"I want you to dance with me!" Before he could push her away, the girl turned and pushed her back against Fin's chest.

Nari Parker

(01/03/2021 at 20:36)
  • C4D4T3S3
    • View Profile
Parties were not her thing.

Of course with the right people, it can be fun and exciting. But any party that Nari was invited to only led to disappointment. Just a bunch of unintelligent teenagers making unintelligent mistakes to deal with the next day.

The quick-change she experienced was most likely the fastest she’s switched out of lounge pants and baggy tshirt into a simple little black dress. Her makeup was still partially done due to the game and her hair just continued to be it’s wavy self after being in a ponytail all day.

Small converse shoes made their way across the open grass lawn, some party members already sitting outside and chatting amongst themselves. She knew he wouldn't be outside, the photo Bridget sent was new and they clearly were inside.

But she wasn’t here for Finlay. Not exactly.

As she entered through the front door, a few nearby people shouted out greetings to her but she simply ignored them. Her dark eyes were locked onto two figures just past the kitchen.

Something stirred in her stomach at the sight of them pressed together and the small raven-haired girl instantly glanced at anyone closest to her. She swiftly made her way to a nearby group of jocks before she tapped one of them on the shoulder.

"Hey-" Nari instantly pressed her lips to his the second he turned around, the group roaring in cheers. She had to go on her tippy toes but the guy leaned down to make it easier. Her hands were lightly grasping both sides of his face and his own seemed to wander. It only lasted for a minute or so before she pulled away, a big grin on her face.

"Thanks!" She breathed out, watching him nod in awe before getting claps on his back from his friends.

With a sense of stubbornness and frustration, Nari made her way into the kitchen before grabbing one of the nearby soda cans.

"Maybe wanna save the rest of our eyes by going somewhere private?" She mused out loud, popping open the can and giving it a swig as she appeared nearby the pair. Bridget seemed to roll her eyes in annoyance before continuing what she was doing. Nari was just about to claw her eyes out until she spotted something on the ground by her feet.

"Clumsy much, Trouble?" Her face was bright but her words were like ice as she held up his phone. 
« Last Edit: 02/03/2021 at 16:36 by Nari Parker »
Resourceful(re-source-ful)
(adj) having the ability to find quick and clever ways to overcome difficulties.

Tags: