Author Topic: Day Eight!  (Read 3352 times)

Jackson Ross

(04/08/2015 at 19:43)
  • Ravenclaw '46
  • C16D9T15S9
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to Come Back as a Professor ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['42-'43] Duelling Finalist Larkspur - Most Humorous Superlative Winner - Most Resourceful
    • View Profile
Don't forget your Litchfield, Caly.

Eugene Bryce

(04/08/2015 at 21:41)
  • Owner of AB&C Daycare
  • C15D4T15S4
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Iris - Most Friendly
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted
^^^ Never forget, Clay.

As for me, I haven't reaaaally dropped a character... yet. I've slowed down on a few due to ooc reasons but haven't full stopped. I did, however, create the character profile for a one Reginald Litchfield because I was bound and determined to have Lincoln and his brothers have a crazy uncle with the face of the wonderful Reggie Watts, however I had a lot of trouble with making his bio and eventually I let him simmer too long and lost steam. The same thing happened with Papa Litchfield. Neither we actually app'd.

Sophie Ross

(04/08/2015 at 22:55)
  • Gryffindor '46
  • C6D3T4S4
  • ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Mine would be as follows:

Veronica Snidget was my first character, but as I jumped headlong into Alexis next it was to the loss of Ronnie. To be honest I was kind of just happy with where Ronnie was upon graduation, and that "settled" feeling left little excitement about further plotting/roleplaying etc., especially as Alexis was so much fun for me. Mostly now though, all of the characters in her realm are gone, and so is she lol.

Bastien Pollastri came after Alexis, and at the start of a time that ended up as a hiatus. I barely started playing with him and that left little to come back to when I finally did. He was also probably the most challenging and different character that I ever tried to play, though in a very fun and exciting way. Again, though, all of the characters he had any relationship are gone, so he shall stay there as well I suppose.

Gregory Noble

(04/09/2015 at 03:11)
Challenge Accepted

I've dropped nearly all of my characters out of a lack of interest in them, but they all still hold a special place in my heart. Aylen was a Salem character that I didn't see transferring to Hogwarts. I had him as a character other places, but I just didn't find that he was fitting on the site very well. Argo Oliveroot is a character I regret killing all the time. He was so much fun, a lovable father and super intelligent. He was selected in the Death Lotto and died in the Battle of Beauxbatons. Eirian Oliveroot was my lady for a little while, but she got married and had children and her husbands player left so I felt she'd be better suited being retired. I also had Sterling Winbolt but he died in the water, so I don't count him. 

Nathaniel Ross

(04/10/2015 at 06:06)
  • Junior Healer
  • C11D8T7S7
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I don't think I've ever officially dropped any but out of the list I have for Day three, I've not played these ones lately:

Dan Vaillant
Ethan Steel
Alexandra Vartan
Christopher Vartan
Amara Fuchs

And maybe Timothy too.

Mostly, it's because the people they hang out with are not around the site anymore.

* Flora Blackwell Chaucer

(04/11/2015 at 15:51)
  • Fifth YEAR
  • C5D5S4T4
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

various reasons. As I've talked about before, I've amassed an army over the years, retiring some here and there-- at least one of them died (Marcellus) but other than that, it was mostly due to my inability to keep up with five million characters at once. Weird, right?

There are still a couple milling around that I probably should drop, but have too much lingering fondness for, like Elsie Throckmorton. She had so much potential. </3

Officially retired characters, though:

Marcellus Ellwood-Luxe
Camille Chaucer
Peter Rhys Kingsland
Ambroise Bènoliel

etc.

There's also inactive darlings like Meriwether Throckmorton, Elsie Throckmorton, Nehemius Ellwood-Luxe, Lucretius Chaucer (partial), Raphaël Lecuyier, etc., who I someday want to return to, but just haven't yet.

springtime

carried by stones
fairyland all around us

Pandora Duke

(04/16/2015 at 12:28)
  • Adult
  • C15D12T10S8
  • Orchid - Most Beautiful Superlative Winner - Most Gossipy
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Edward Darling and Zeus Valeriano are the main two I've dropped. Whilst I really never played Zeus, Edward was a good natured but socially awkward poet. I kind of miss him, but at the time I never had any muse for him so I thought it best to let him go.

YOUR HEART WAS GLASS, I DROPPED IT
champagne problems

Hana Sato

(04/21/2015 at 15:10)
  • Fourth Year
  • C3D5T4S4
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I'm assuming 'drop' means 'officially Retired'? Because that would be Wolfe Sable-Vaelbe and Caminus Leona Azuriah. Wolfe, because he died, and I needed to make space didn't really deem it necessary to keep his account and felt it would only clog things up. Cami, because I lost my muse for her fairly quickly, for some reason.

If 'drop' can also mean 'unofficially Retired (due to sentiment or some other reason),' then that would be Deidre Sable-Vaelbe, Relisasha Raviina Le Roi, Yvonne Dechavez, and Crimson Stormheart. Their plots are all finished, for me, and I've pretty much left the girls with a happy ending (because I'm a total sap like that), but I just can't bear to officially Retire them, just yet - and yes, sentimentality is entirely to blame; I mean, they were my very first characters on here, after all. As for Crimson, well, his original creator (Knight Stormheart) hasn't really updated me on what he wants to do with the Stormhearts as a whole yet, so I'm keeping Crimson on hold. Though, personally, my muse for him has long slipped away too (he just made me feel so down all the time, sigh).

Cal Hartt, Eoin R. Kelly, Arin Pellegrino, Nilo Allares, and Alrigo Ricardus are some candidates for future dropping, if I can't find any stabler plots for them (or in Alrigo's case, still can't fully get a grasp on his character) - they were pretty much directionless to begin with.

also i seem to have a habit of making characters on a whim and then dropping them after a pretty short time, i'm sorry

« Last Edit: 04/21/2015 at 15:27 by Hana Sato »
YOU'RE  JUST  ANOTHER  SET  OF  BONES  TO  LAY  TO  REST
i guess it’s time to say goodnight

Cecily Noble

(04/26/2015 at 20:45)
Challenge Accepted

None of them because I'm merciful.

Anyway, I've actually thought of dropping Constance Butler. I've become a bit inactive with her, mostly because I just don't know what she would do sometimes, even though I feel similar to her in many ways. Is this because I don't know enough about myself what is life trying to tell me

Viola Ross

(04/26/2015 at 21:07)
  • Gryffindor '42
  • C12D8T9S11
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Oh goodness, let's see. Most of these were just never carried over from Yuku because they got stale pretty quickly after I made them...

Ellen James - was technically my second student character, and the first time I tried to make a firstie. I remember her being.... not very bright and it taught me that I have a LOT of trouble playing unintelligent characters.

Nero Dappercat - started out as a prof, then took him back over to be an auror and didn't play him hardly at all. Brought him over to the new site but eventually retired him because I couldn't find any inspiration for him. Pity because his surname is one of my very favorites I've ever come up with.

Kiki O'Brien - another attempt at starting out as a firstie. Lasted maybe 3 terms? I just remember she was Ravenclaw and really, really mean.

Columbia Galbraith - another short-lived professor, very granny-like, taught HoM for about 5 seconds.

Juniper E-L Steele

(04/26/2015 at 23:05)
  • Adult
  • C27D14T30S14
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Mmm...

Wayne Ballard Clausewitz - I adopted him, but couldn't figure out what to do after he graduated. I struggle with writing male characters. Not only that, but the player who played his brother left the site.

Magnus Callum Kedding - Again, I struggle to play male chars and he was only being used as a plot device.

Vladimir Borovsky

(04/28/2015 at 11:30)
  • Auror in Training
  • C8D5T8S5
  • ['45-'46] Quidditch Champions Donor
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Freya Fitzgerald - After leaving Salem I struggled to find a place for her in elsewhere and she was neglected after the player of her best friend left the site.

H O U S E  OF  B O R O V S K Y
soverignty for wolves is death to the lambs

Aethelstan G. Lowsley

(04/29/2015 at 19:00)
  • Auror-in-Training
  • C11D19T5S5
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Most Likely to Always be Single
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I can't bare dropping characters. Rosemary Lowsley and Franklin Litchfield are on the backburner though. Both are just the odd-person out, I never got to fully develop them, and right now my plans for my other characters are more at the forefront to those two.

I will be trying, when I can get back to posting more regularly, to post as them.

And on the pedestal these words appear:

'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair.'

Ursula Nonpareil

(04/30/2015 at 18:18)
  • Resistance Member & Sergeant, 101st Broom Battalion & Secretary
  • C11D5T10S7
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I've dropped two characters, both from the same family: Kieran Nonpareil and Romulus Nonpareil.

I dropped Kieran because of these reasons:

...He often said the most out-of-blue and inappropriate things in many situations, much to the exasperation or amusement of many. As fun as he sounds to play, it grew increasingly more difficult and challenging to play him as I gradually lost muse and interest in him. Simply put, I couldn't sympathize with his character and so I transferred him to Beauxbatons after his second year.

I dropped Romulus simply due to lack of muse. I really could never get into his character even from his conception. Poor guy.  Maybe I'll have plot ideas for him someday.

HAVE YOU WRAPPED AROUND OUR TRIGGER FINGER

QUEEN BEE YELLOW; YOU'RE THE SKIN FOR OUR STINGER

WE'LL MAKE YOU SWOON, MAKE IT HURT

Maël Rey-Cadwallader

(04/30/2015 at 23:06)
Challenge Accepted

I will soon be letting go of Guy Tristan de Beauvau. He served his purpose, but I never really play him. He's a bit one dimensional and I had a hard time getting him plots so, he will be cut away.

Tags: