Give our summer workshops a go!

Author Topic: Day Two!  (Read 4077 times)

* The Narrator

(04/01/2015 at 23:02)
    • View Profile
The HSNet

Day 02.
Day 02.

Your first thread, or the earliest thread you remember doing.

30-Day Challenge

To get the code: hit select, then ctrl/cmd + C to copy!
Code: [Select]
[div style="width:450px; font-family:lavanderia; color:#87a9b5; font-size:60px; box-sizing:border-box; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:right; line-height:60%; margin-top:10px;"]Challenge Accepted[/div]
[div style="box-sizing:border-box; width:450px; border:5px double #87a9b5; padding:10px;"]
[div style="font-family:verdana; color:#666; font-size:12px;"]

Type your response here!

[/div]
[/div]

Cecily Noble

(04/01/2015 at 23:14)
Challenge Accepted

asdfjkl this brings so many feels

My first thread was with Gardenia and it was called 'Finally Tired Of The On-Going Circle to Nowhere'. That's a really long title omg. I remember it being with Simon V. Gaelian, but the player doesn't really go on hoggies anymore even though I ADORED SIMON SO MUCH I MEAN LOOK AT THAT FATHER-DAUGHTER RELATIONSHIP QENVFAISDFNLKSDJAFJMX.

Aethelstan G. Lowsley

(04/01/2015 at 23:28)
  • Auror-in-Training
  • C11D19T5S5
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Most Likely to Always be Single
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I knew this was coming. Of Wandering in the Forest was my first thread (Yes. I am letting you look at it.) It was with my wonderful mentor, Pom (At least, I think it was. Yuku didn't have linked accounts). It was Nora at the Hangout, wandering the forests (as she was used to forests in Canada) still surprised that she got her letter.

At least, I think it was. I don't even want to read it more than the title I'm so embarrassed.

And on the pedestal these words appear:

'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair.'

Anastasia Borovsky

(04/01/2015 at 23:34)
  • On The Run
  • C4 D6 T5 S4
  • ['45-'46] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to End Up in Azkaban ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

ASDFGHJKL;

My first thread was between Pandora Duke and Sarah Ann Darcy and it was the beginning of the rivalry between the pair before they realised they were in love and wanted 2 be each other's wives.

aND HERE IT IS

i'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
offer me that deathless death, Good God,
let me give you my life

Chartreuse Greene

(04/02/2015 at 00:26)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C14D7T13S7
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Player of the Summer ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Freesia - Most Spirited
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

My very first post was Paula F Klein doing her first year shopping. Verity confused her for a boy, due to her haircut.

I AM your head girl
LAVATE LAS MANOS!!!

Gregory Noble

(04/02/2015 at 00:37)
Challenge Accepted

I dug into the archives for this one. Here we are, my very first thread. It was Robert traveling on his way to Hogwarts on the Hogwarts Express. And, of course, he's found by his very lovely cousin, Cassius.

Oliver Razi

(04/02/2015 at 00:46)
Challenge Accepted

Zoraida Trowbridge.  Hufflepuff House Table.  I think she started as a fourth year... or maybe a third...  probably third...  I remember Alexander Kolmer pulling me into the thread as I was a shy rp'er IC as well as OOC...

Pity one can no longer get to the old hogwarts castle yuku boards... ( If I'm wrong please tell me )

Felix Oliveroot-Leontine

(04/02/2015 at 00:50)
  • Auror-In-Training
  • C10D6T6S5
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! [1945] Superlative Winner ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

My first ever thread was this ridiculous idiot falling out of a tree. Twice. Because he's afraid of birds tropical squirrels. Definitely not birds, who's even afraid of birds? With my then mentor, Calypso Galanis. c:

go on, go ahead

and prove me wrong
sharpen up your teeth
your dreams are more than worth defending
in a fight that's never ending

Raasiel Albear

(04/02/2015 at 00:51)
Challenge Accepted

My very first thread on Hoggies was The Transfer, wherein Ra'as first came to Camp Loki two terms ago, and met his very first friend - Felix! And then Feli dropped the apple LIKEADORK and it was all awkward because Ra'as still looked like a girl back then. ;w; *pets my babies*

« Last Edit: 04/30/2015 at 18:04 by Raasiel Albear »

Cedric Galyn

(04/02/2015 at 00:56)
  • Healer & Apothecary - Emergency & Triage
  • C20D10T20S10
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I can't find it sadly, but the first thread I remember doing was with Calliope, during my first term on site.  The second year Ravenclaw girls had a tea party and makeover with poor sixth year Wayne Clausewitz because he lost a Quidditch bet. Poor lad.

So pretty, Wayne. So pretty.

Rowan Stann

(04/02/2015 at 01:00)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C7D4T6S5
  • ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Donor
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Unfortunately, the Yucku castle board disappeared, so I can't really find my first thread with Alyson. I think though, that it was with her in the gardens, fretting about fitting into a world she barely knew anything about. A student named Henning Preston literally ran into her, and then they became very close friends, until Hen stopped being a student, for some of his plot reasons.

I did manage to find an early thread of Aly's in the old yuku summercamp, only 3 months after I started, so it's still pretty close to me being "new".

« Last Edit: 04/02/2015 at 14:32 by Rowan Stann »

HUFFLEPUFF
hard at work

* Flora Blackwell Chaucer

(04/02/2015 at 01:00)
  • Fifth YEAR
  • C5D5S4T4
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

My very very first thread on Hoggies was Dacian in his summer camp cabin, getting to know a bunch of incoming first and second year boys. It's very cute. it's a little cringeworthy to me because it's not in line with Dace's character like at all, and frankly I'm appalled that past me didn't know the things about Dacian that current me knows.

Baby Steps is here if anybody wants to give it a look.

my second thread, I believe, was with Cassius-- he was angry about something and ran into Eve Hallows, and the rest is history. i'm not posting it. Eve/Frances/Mallory linked to it in the Day 1 challenge if you're reeeally really interested.

cake please.

i only like lemon.

* Wilhelmina Mason

(04/02/2015 at 01:01)
  • Secretary In-Training
  • C12D6T8S11
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Unfortunately (or fortunately ;)), all of my earliest threads are gone. I do remember one of my earliest involved being a cheerleader for Gryffindor. I can't recall any details, though.

I did mange to dig up the earliest thread I could find on the old HDK board. It was with Elizabeth and it's from 2005.

I'm cringing.

Maël Rey-Cadwallader

(04/02/2015 at 01:40)
Challenge Accepted

Fingers Tipped in Blue with Spencer Rasmussen. *sighs* I shipped that so hard.

It was a cute little thread that started with art and ended with jumping off a tiny cliff into the water. So precious.

* Chantal Marie Renard

(04/02/2015 at 03:38)
  • Wizengamot Member French Professor
  • C20D15T20S18
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Unfortunately, I can no longer access the old Hogwarts Hangout (the predecessor of the Summer Camp) board. It requires a password and I can't remember any yuku passwords to save my life. :/

Anyway, I'm pretty sure my first thread there was with Andrew Vaughn, rather timid Puff-to-be, attempting to save a damsel in distress stuck up in a tree. Little that he knew that the damsel in question was to be a (or already was, unsure) a Slytherin and probably had ulterior motives to pose as damsel-in-distress. If any of you oldies remember Charlotte Nin, you know what I'm talking about. ;)

So, major apologies, but I cannot provide a link for this. :/

Caius Thorne

(04/02/2015 at 03:57)
  • Seventh Year
  • C9D6T6S8
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted
I prefer not to dive into the soul-sucking bowels of yuku so I'll have to trust my memory. If I remember correctly, I Thalia-posted on an open thread by Takeshi Morisawa. It was the beginning of a beautiful and complicated friendship. c:

BANG BANG
my baby shot me down

Tiberius Owain Paladin

(04/02/2015 at 04:44)
  • Fourth Year
  • C2D2T1S3
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

My first real thread was this summer thread a year ago with Elliot where he and Evelyn passed a bunch of letters back and forth? It was cute.

It was called Postal Service

Love seems barren when cash is king

Wealth here for the bleeding, what good will bring
A crooked mind, an honest heart ancillary
They collide

Sophie Ross

(04/02/2015 at 04:48)
  • Gryffindor '46
  • C6D3T4S4
  • ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Also in the vein of not combing through the yuck that is yuku, I did not trace down my very first thread. I am sure I posted in at least a thread or two that first summer but...

The first thread I remember was at the castle (apart from Opening Feast and all of that regular stuff) and it was Ronnie's first date with Seb which included a cute walk and some rude portraits making things a little awkward. Again, clearly there was probably a thread before that where they actually met. But. It is what it is. No link. :/

* Waldo Woodrow Angerville

(04/02/2015 at 06:22)
  • Archivist + Administrative Assistant
  • C9D19T14S20
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted
Clouded Over is apparently my first ever thread. And I did not remember doing it, but now that I am looking at it again, I can remamber how terribly nervous I was with every post because I obviously had no experience with anything roleplay-related. Also, apparently, I scared off all the other characters in that thread, I am a terrible person.

THIS IS THE GOLDEN AGE
of something good & right & real

Rin Hunter

(04/02/2015 at 06:43)
  • Ex-chaser for the Falmouth Falcons
  • C12D8T11S13
  • ['47-'48] Quidditch Champions ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['42-'43] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

My first thread was Rin when she bought Nuit!! She still has her and they're practically inseparable~

^ little cutie
i feel numb most of the time
THE LOWER I GET THE HIGHER I'LL CLIMB

Tags: