Give our summer workshops a go!

Author Topic: Day Twenty-Six!  (Read 6049 times)

* The Narrator

(04/26/2015 at 16:41)
    • View Profile
The HSNet

Day 26.
Day 26.

If you had magic levels, where would your strength be? Your weakness?

30-Day Challenge

To get the code: hit select, then ctrl/cmd + C to copy!
Code: [Select]
[div style="width:450px; font-family:lavanderia; color:#87a9b5; font-size:60px; box-sizing:border-box; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:right; line-height:60%; margin-top:10px;"]Challenge Accepted[/div]
[div style="box-sizing:border-box; width:450px; border:5px double #87a9b5; padding:10px;"]
[div style="font-family:verdana; color:#666; font-size:12px;"]

Type your response here!

[/div]
[/div]

Joy Detora

(04/26/2015 at 16:52)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I think, personally, that my strength would be in Charms. It's for people who are imaginative, since the rules of Charms aren't steadfast, and so I think it's for the creative types. Also, most of my charries are Charms strengths, besides Joy. Joy is Transfiguration, surprisingly. My weakness, I think, is Conjuring and Summoning.

True story: I try to use the Force to do a lot of things, and it almost never works. Remote control won't levitate, window won't go down. And chairs won't move for me. I guess I'm not good at C/S.

« Last Edit: 04/26/2015 at 17:06 by Joy Detora »

Loyalty, Labor, Love

* Chantal Marie Renard

(04/26/2015 at 16:57)
  • Wizengamot Member French Professor
  • C20D15T20S18
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

It's not easy to pick a superpower, you know. ;)

BUT ... I have an answer for you. It's somewhat peculiar but ... I think this one magical field is underrated. Yes, I am talking about Divination. I mean I would like to know what would happen in the near future. Maybe seeing auras and figure out the person in front of me. The whole seeing and interacting with ghosts thing might be an issue but ... I can deal with that, I suppose. :)

Weakness ... It would probably be Conjuring/Summoning. I can see myself preferring to get over to the object in question and get it myself instead of using Summoning. I know, it's an extra effort to do that but eh ... :)

Frances Severin

(04/26/2015 at 17:06)
  • Fifth Year
  • C7D7T6S3
  • ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Difficult question.

My strength would probably be Transfiguration. I enjoy tinkling with creative design A LOT and there's a small aesthetic living inside of me, I'm afraid.

My weakness would then be Divination, mostly because I wouldn't believe in it; it seems such a very fickle subject with very unstable powers, and I just don't feel like I would have much patience for it.

let the only sound
BE THE OVERFLOW

Irma Wolffe

(04/26/2015 at 19:08)
  • Hufflepuff '49
  • C16D9T16S12
  • ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Divination would probably be my strong point- I'm pretty empathic.  People are amazed when I shake their hand or put my hand on their shoulder, and then tell them exactly where they hurt.  Because I start to hurt there (or sometimes the mirror of the place).  My wife tells me I should have been a masseur, but I disagree- I'd be so tense all the time!  I don't like giving backrubs because I end up with all the pain.

Charms is pretty high, too- in the sense that I tend to get what I want when I ask for it.  But that might be because I don't ask for something unless I know I can have it. So Divination again.

Transfiguration is probably my weakness- things like color and design don't really interest me.  This is why Irma is strong in Transfig- something for me to explore without actually having the talent.

Chartreuse Greene

(04/26/2015 at 19:55)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C14D7T13S7
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Player of the Summer ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist Freesia - Most Spirited
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I would like Summoning/Conjuring to be my magical strength. Maybe I'm lazy, but I love the idea of sitting on the couch and having whatever I want brought to me. I could also Create things I need with a pop! :)

My weakness would be Charms. The common magical spells would just be lost on me. :)

I AM your head girl
Me & you is thinking buddies

Raasiel Albear

(04/26/2015 at 20:10)
Challenge Accepted

My magical strength would probably be Transfiguration, because I've always been fairly skilled with taking something and turning it into something else. As much as I adore Charms, it wouldn't be my strength at all. lol

My weakness would surely be Divination, because I am awful at playing the lottery. (Just kidding; I just suck at telling the future. ;) )

« Last Edit: 04/30/2015 at 18:25 by Raasiel Albear »

Gregory Noble

(04/26/2015 at 21:08)
Challenge Accepted

I would have the magical strength of Transfiguration I imagine. I have always been interested in that as a class, and I have a fascination in that and alchemy. My weakness would most likely be Divination. I've never had a good sixth sense, so I'd be terrible at Div.

Rowan Stann

(04/26/2015 at 22:21)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C7D4T6S5
  • ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Donor
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I think mine would be Divination. It typically doesn't get the most notice on the boards, but it suits me more, OOCly. I tend to be able to sense emotions easy, and connect to those emotions of people as well. It's easy for me to read a situation and figure out what's going on, without a lot of information.

My weakness would probably be Charms. It's just straightforward, and I think it has a little less creativity than transfiguration or summoning. For that reason, I might actually find it boring, and just not focus on it much, making it a weakness for me.

HUFFLEPUFF
hard at work

Juniper E-L Steele

(04/26/2015 at 23:34)
  • Adult
  • C27D14T30S14
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Divination would probably be my strength. I'm actually quite good at reading people/moods/situations. My weakness would be Conjuring/Summoning. Making things out of thin air with ridiculously long spells just seems silly.

Viola Ross

(04/27/2015 at 00:07)
  • Gryffindor '42
  • C12D8T9S11
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I think I'd want to be good at Divination, but my natural strength would probably be Transfiguration. Weak in Charms, perhaps, since it seems a bit too straightforward for my tastes.

Tiberius Owain Paladin

(04/27/2015 at 00:53)
  • Fourth Year
  • C2D2T1S3
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

My strength would be CHARMS because I'm fairly charming! Get it get it No I think it's because I'm good at thinking of solutions to things?

My weakness would be CONJURING AND SUMMONING for sure because I'm always losing stuff. Sometimes IRL I say "accio phone" like I wish that was a thing? Normally I find things by purposefully looking for something else. OTL

Theirs would be the Light, his would be theDark:
And from his desolate throne
he watched them compose
A mountainous wall of stone,
to separate themselves from him.
A massive, jagged barricade    
to lock themselves in.

* Wilhelmina Mason

(04/27/2015 at 03:20)
  • Secretary In-Training
  • C12D6T8S11
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I don't even know.

Maybe Divination would be a strength, but it could also easily be a weakness. I have such mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I find it utterly fascinating, but sometimes I'm far too logical for it. Charms, though, could also be a strength. It's straight-forward and I like that about it. It's also super practical. Transfiguration would probably be a weakness.

Caius Thorne

(04/27/2015 at 05:38)
  • Seventh Year
  • C9D6T6S8
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I would probably both excel and suck at Divination. It probably won't make sense to me much. My brain attempts to predict the future on a constant basis, but it's also somewhat rational in doing so. It'd be nice to be prepared for what's coming next but I suppose it'll be very tiring, make you paranoid and life won't be as much fun, would it?

BANG BANG
my baby shot me down

* Waldo Woodrow Angerville

(04/29/2015 at 10:00)
  • Archivist + Administrative Assistant
  • C9D19T14S20
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I know that I would be good enough at Divination, just good enough but not that good. I tend to problematize things, try to see the bigger picture at all times, and I always try to make sense of everything that my comprehension cannot immediately grasp because it seems almost irrational. I would be decent at it, but my strength would be in Charms. I know for fact that I would be that one student that will probably know all the charms by heart and has practiced them so often that they would eventually work. I am a whole-hogger of the worst kind, so that when I put my mind to something and I want to make it work, that is exactly what I do. And I think that I would want to be good at charms because they tend to make life a whole lot easier.

I know for fact that I would suck at Conjuring & Summoning. If I want to fetch something, I can fetch it myself, thank you very much. And if I want to have something that I don't have, I will just deal with it.

THAT’S WHY I LIKE YOU SO MUCH

your heart isn’t dead

Mia Lorelei Kedding

(04/29/2015 at 16:49)
  • Ravenclaw '47
  • C14D11T14S23
  • ['46-'47] Duelling Finalist [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

It's a toss-up between Charms and Divination for strength, but I'm going with Divination because that's what I first thought of, and it feels just a bit more correct. Empathy, interpretation, intuition, dreams, subtlety, symbolism, undertones, mind magic — up my alley, I think.

My weak point would be Transfiguration because it's too heavy and rigid and MATHEMATICAL AGHJKLDJSHKLHJGDJHDLJKDKSGJGSHDJKDLHJSJKDLSJGD PHYSICS-Y SJKAFLGDSDSKLJ: for me.
a princess carved from marble
S M O O T H E R   T H A N   A  S T O R M

Calypso Ross

(04/30/2015 at 00:00)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

My strength would maybe be Charms because I'd be most motivated to try hard at that so that I could Limax people probably. And my weakness would probably be Divination... I'm not all that observant.

look out! look out!
'CAUSE EACH TIME I FALL
I'LL BE CRASHING DOWN
RIGHT THROUGH YOUR ARMS

Eugene Bryce

(04/30/2015 at 00:15)
  • Owner of AB&C Daycare
  • C15D4T15S4
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Iris - Most Friendly
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I would LOVE for my strength to be transfiguration because bleaching and dying my hair as often as I do is a lot of work and money, and if instead I could just commutati rosaceus to my roots, that would be so bomb.

My weakness would probably conjuring and summoning, cause i'd probably bring up the wrong thing or something :/

Jackson Ross

(04/30/2015 at 02:46)
  • Ravenclaw '46
  • C16D9T15S9
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to Come Back as a Professor ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['42-'43] Duelling Finalist Larkspur - Most Humorous Superlative Winner - Most Resourceful
    • View Profile

Challenge Accepted

I would say my strength would be charms, because I'm so charming.

Eh?

Eh?

Weakness would probs be div or something.

Calypso Ross

(04/30/2015 at 13:23)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
I would say my strength would be charms, because I'm so charming.

Marry me.

Tags: