As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: Day Twenty-Two!  (Read 3168 times)

* The Narrator

(04/21/2015 at 23:16)
    • View Profile
The HSNet

Day 22.
Day 22.

Do you prefer writing Purebloods, Halfbloods, or Muggleborns?

30-Day Challenge

To get the code: hit select, then ctrl/cmd + C to copy!
Code: [Select]
[div style="width:450px; font-family:lavanderia; color:#87a9b5; font-size:60px; box-sizing:border-box; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:right; line-height:60%; margin-top:10px;"]Challenge Accepted[/div]
[div style="box-sizing:border-box; width:450px; border:5px double #87a9b5; padding:10px;"]
[div style="font-family:verdana; color:#666; font-size:12px;"]

Type your response here!

[/div]
[/div]

Gregory Noble

(04/22/2015 at 00:39)
Challenge Accepted

Right now, I prefer writing Halfbloods. They're absolutely a middle ground and we don't have many of them. They're just in-between being the powerful Pureblood and then the often disliked Muggleborns. They're the middle class, the one that is both hated and envied and I'm finding playing the Noble family to be very fun in that respect. I can't wait to play them a bit more and work out everything about them and how being Halfblooded really shape them.

Joy Detora

(04/22/2015 at 00:59)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Summer
    • View Profile

Challenge Accepted

Pureblood, but halfblood is a very close second. Disregarding the fact that two of my alts are purebloods, I just really enjoy all the elitist views and intrigue. Their society is very much a huge game of politics and I enjoy reading and writing that. I've only done the rich purebloods, but if I ever make a pureblood on the lower ranks of the social ladder I think it'd be really interesting to see what they're like.
i'm laughing, i'm crying
it's my party, and i'll cry if i want to
it feels like i'm d y i n g

Jackson Ross

(04/22/2015 at 01:09)
  • Ravenclaw '46
  • C16D9T15S9
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to Come Back as a Professor ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['42-'43] Duelling Finalist Larkspur - Most Humorous Superlative Winner - Most Resourceful
    • View Profile

Challenge Accepted

I really like halfbloods.

There should probably be more than there are, realistically. I love them, as underrated as they are. There's such a range you can play with them: muggle parent or maybe just one generation from pureblood. The opportunities are endless.

Raasiel Albear

(04/22/2015 at 01:56)
Challenge Accepted

I think it depends a lot on the character, but right now I've not yet played a Muggleborn. Neva has made playing a Pureblood really fun, because it plays into her character a lot more than it does for Ra'asiel. On the other hand, Asher makes playing a Halfblood SUPER fun, because the Time Warp has given him a massive chip on his shoulder and the need to prove himself for more than a few reasons.

« Last Edit: 04/30/2015 at 18:23 by Raasiel Albear »

Tiberius Owain Paladin

(04/22/2015 at 03:24)
  • Fourth Year
  • C2D2T1S3
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

MY SUPER ELITIST PUREBLOOD It's already a lot of fun playing Tiberius, so I'm kind of biased for that. My muggleborn character Evelyn was fun too, but sometimes it got tedious being so sad. I want the poweeer.

Love seems barren when cash is king

Wealth here for the bleeding, what good will bring
A crooked mind, an honest heart ancillary
They collide

* Chantal Marie Renard

(04/22/2015 at 03:40)
  • Wizengamot Member French Professor
  • C20D15T20S18
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Until Venus, I had only Purebloods.  She is my first Halfblood, so I cannot really say which one is better. And I would need a Muggleborn in order to clearly answer this. Moreover, I had no purists. So I cannot really answer which I would prefer playing. So far, they're all my favorites. When I will have a purist and a Muggleborn, ask me this question again. :)

Caius Thorne

(04/22/2015 at 04:45)
  • Seventh Year
  • C9D6T6S8
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Halfbloods. I find them the easiest, most flexible characters to play with. I guess, they're practically caught in the middle so you have the best of both worlds, amirite? Purebloods come a close second, just superiority and powaaah. Uhm, I've never played a realistic (oh, posh) Muggleborn, I tend to forget about Muggle associations and things like that. smh

BANG BANG
my baby shot me down

Hana Sato

(04/22/2015 at 08:52)
  • Fourth Year
  • C3D5T4S4
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I like Halfbloods 'cause it's like being able to have an experience from each world without necessarily being as confused or confounded about it like Muggleborns are. I like Purebloods, but the ones I've played are usually not elitists, because idk how to play purist a*holes, but I'd love to actually try it someday, hahaha (I don't really count Crimson in this, b/c he's an emo teen, not mch a*hole-ness there, for me).

But I'd say I like Muggleborns best, because, for me, they're the easiest to play, because they usually embody how I myself would react to the world of magic, if ever I'd get there. also it's my dream to have a muggleborn call themselves a mudblood without giving a single damn or care about calling themselves by such a name (spoilers: it'll probs be hana)

« Last Edit: 04/22/2015 at 08:56 by Hana Sato »
YOU'RE  JUST  ANOTHER  SET  OF  BONES  TO  LAY  TO  REST
i guess it’s time to say goodnight

Irma Wolffe

(04/22/2015 at 09:31)
  • Hufflepuff '49
  • C16D9T16S12
  • ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Halfblood.  Newton, Heather, and Irma- my characters of importance- were all halfbloods.  Amos and Reginald were purebloods, but one was a portrait of a dead boy, and the other was a smug, evil foil for Newton and was never designed to be important.  Clifford was a muggleborn, and I didn't get a chance to explore him very much.

Pureblood elitism really bothers me- the concept was one of the main adversaries of the HP series.  I am constantly saddened by the frequency of purebloods (or more importantly, the lack of half-bloods).  Statistically, halfbloods should far outnumber the pureblood population.

That said, playing Irma as a sympathizer of pureblood ideals has been an interesting challenge to play.  Her father is a pureblood, and is a caricature of many of the parts I don't like- shallowness, self-centeredness, aristocratic.  Her mother is a 3rd generation halfblood (sympathizer of pureblood ideals) that represents the worst of that ilk- cruel, self-absorbed, militant in all the 'social graces' that must be observed.  She is ashamed to exist, and has taught Irma to be ashamed as well- and to strive to make it better by marrying pure for two more generations (thereby bringing down and shaming two more generations of pureblood: a strange dichotomy).

* Wilhelmina Mason

(04/22/2015 at 14:54)
  • Secretary In-Training
  • C12D6T8S11
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I've only had one character who believes she's probably a muggleborn, even though she's actually a halfblood. It's because Zaide was an orphan. The best part of that was her not knowing the truth, so it made her completely unbiased. That was really fun to play.

I love my characters who come from elitist pureblood families, which are Pryce and Anneka. Pryce, even as disinterested in "blood laws" as he is, would still never marry anyone who isn't pureblooded. And then there's Anneka who did marry a halfblood and has a halfblooded daughter because of it.

Then I've had my Leighton family, who is pureblooded (enough), but has always mingled in both worlds. They put money and status above blood purity, so some of them married Muggles and never though anything about it. Which leads to...

The majority of my halfbloods. Edward, Meghan, and Sarah are from mixed marriages in the Leighton family. I enjoyed playing how Eddie and Meghs made it work in Slytherin with unpure blood. Then there's Mina, who likes to ignore it, but she knows she's never been fully accepted into the Ivanov family because of her blood, which is fun as well.

So basically, I like them all for different reasons, even though I've hardly played around with muggleborns. Maybe in the future.

Frances Severin

(04/22/2015 at 16:02)
  • Fifth Year
  • C7D7T6S3
  • ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

My preference depends on site plots and member currents, so right now, it's Halfbloods: possibility of milking the Time Warp AND having big families despite it.

let the only sound
BE THE OVERFLOW

Geryon Crowley

(04/22/2015 at 16:53)
  • Owner of Crow's Creatures
  • C22D12T26S12
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Challenge ACCEPTED

Purebloods are my fave - Got five of them. Mainly cause I adore the family ties and history, maybe. Then I've got one halfblood, which has been fun too. Never had a Muggleborn - not sure why..

You can’t learn to tell the truth
Until you learn to lie

Chartreuse Greene

(04/23/2015 at 02:46)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C14D7T13S7
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Player of the Summer ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist Freesia - Most Spirited
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Purebloods sure do have it easy if they want to work high up in the ministry, but there are some fun things to do with muggleborns, too. I think I prefer taking the pureblood route though.

I AM your head girl
It's clearly all chorus, and I won't be a part of it.

Calypso Ross

(04/23/2015 at 08:59)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I'm going to go with Halfblood, mostly because my favourite character is one, but also because I don't think there are enough of them around. They're really underrated, but you get to mix a wizarding background with a Muggle one, and I love that.

I'VE GOT A BLANK SPACE BABY
AND I'LL WRITE YOUR NAME

Captain Price

(04/23/2015 at 12:03)
  • 33rd Infantry - Captain
  • C16T15D7S8
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I like halfbloods because, as people have already mentioned, you get the best of both worlds; if you want a more muggle-based character, as Gaz is with his Odd Interests, then that's fine, but if you want a more magical-based character, as Scott is, then that's fine as well. You also get a lot of tension that you can explore as they try to fit in to both sides (or into either at all). For IC reasons, I guess purebloods do give you a wealth of options (e.g. Wizengamot). But I prefer halfbloods or Muggleborns.

sos

oh yes, oh yes

Rin Hunter

(04/24/2015 at 16:08)
  • Ex-chaser for the Falmouth Falcons
  • C12D8T11S13
  • ['47-'48] Quidditch Champions ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['42-'43] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I only have pureblood characters (well, including one muggleborn pretending to be a pureblood), I just have this love for writing as all these prejudiced, arrogant characters who look down on everyone else. Though the next character I make will be a halfblood for sure.

i feel numb most of the time
THE LOWER I GET THE HIGHER I'LL CLIMB

Eugene Bryce

(04/24/2015 at 21:16)
  • Owner of AB&C Daycare
  • C15D4T15S4
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Iris - Most Friendly
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

It's a tie between Purebloods and Halfbloods for me. Halfbloods for the best of both worlds aspect others have already mentioned; I have Noah, Era, and Eugene, but Eugene explores this the most for me! And Purebloods because privileged little babies with big families are fun to flesh out- ie my whole Litchfield family.

Rowan Stann

(04/26/2015 at 22:12)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C7D4T6S5
  • ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Donor
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I've written halfbloods more often. I think I've only had one muggleborn. Although, he is one of my favorite, so maybe I should write him more? But yeah, halfbloods are fun because they can have their foot in both worlds, so I feel like there's more of an interaction that they can have with muggles and wizards.

HUFFLEPUFF
hard at work

Juniper E-L Steele

(04/26/2015 at 23:27)
  • Adult
  • C27D14T30S14
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I actually don't have any preference. I've played them all and each blood type has their own difficulties to overcome. No two characters react alike.

Tags: