We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Robert Lake Senior.  (Read 753 times)

Robert Lake Sr.

(06/06/2012 at 00:13)
  • Head of Broom Regulatory Control
  • C13 D6 T7 S6
    • View Profile

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Robert Lake Sr.

Education: 
Salem Institute.

Residence:
The Lake family castle on the outskirts of London, England. He does spend some time at the Lake family mansion back in Calgary, Alberta, Canada quite frequently as well.

Department of Magical Transportation: Head of Broom Regulatory Control

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (example St Mungo's, the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
Ministry of Magic

Requested Magic Levels:
  • Charms: 13.
  • Transfiguration: 7.
  • Divination: 6.
  • Summoning: 6.
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
N/A.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Robert Lake Jr./James Mann/Anton Petrov/Maria Callaghan

Special Phrase: Tibble’s Beard of Power

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Growing up a Lake, Robert wanted for very little. Everything was given to him on a silver platter, or rather, a gold platter. As a small boy, the mansion he grew up in that laid just on the edge of a small town called Calgary, in a small province called Alberta and in a country called Canada, had anything a child could want. Horses, play sets, trees to climb, everything.

As he grew, he emulated his father and mother to the point where his half-blood neighbours, as well as muggle-born servants came to fear him and his wrath should something go wrong. Should he tumble from his horse, his servants heard about it, if he found his pencils or quills breaking, everyone heard about it. Because of this, when it came time for him to leave for Salem in the states, the servants threw a small party for themselves, celebrating the fact the little monster was leaving.

During Robert’s time in Salem, he found himself falling for a young Texan girl, Callista. The two soon started dating, found out about each other’s wealth and while the money was a good enough reason to stay in their relationship, they found that their love was even more of a reason to stay together.

As life inside Salem came to a stop, Callista and Robert found themselves walking down the aisle, enjoying each other in all facets of life. They were friends, they were lovers, and they had unlimited wealth. Everything was perfect, and things became even more perfect with the birth of his son, Robert Lake Jr.

Robert’s life revolved around his son, making sure Junior grew up with everything that he had grown up with. Horses, play sets, trees to climb, everything. When Junior came down with Dragon Pox, Robert was sure he would lose the one thing that mattered to him, besides Callista.

After Junior made a full recovery, life revolved at its normal pace and things went about with no problems. Robert found himself perusing hobbies, such as reading about broom makings, as well as buying whatever brooms he could, testing charms on them, finding out what made them fly, as well as what would cause the broom to become unsafe.

That was, until Robert was told his grandmother had passed away in her castle in London and had left everything to Robert. Well…not what I expected, but nice non-the-less. Was all that Robert could think as he moved his family from Calgary to London. Robert enrolled Junior in Hogwarts and was pleased to see him get into Slytherin, the pure-blood house.

As soon as everything was settled in the castle, and Junior was safely tucked away in Hogwarts, he applied for a job at the Ministry of Magic, going for a position he knew about. Broom regulation and control. Using some of his power from his family, he found himself soon accepted as the Head of Broom Regulatory Control, a job he found most time consuming, as well as fascinating.

ROLEPLAY
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.
Roleplay Response:
It was late. Callista would be worried that he hadn’t owled her, or even popped back home by floo to let her know he was working late. Running a hand through his black hair, steel grey eyes stared at the papers in front of him, words intertwining and making little to no sense.

“Blast it all. I give up for today.” His voice carried through the empty office and down the softly lit corridor. Pushing back from his chair, he stood up, stretching his back and wincing when he heard it crack. Callista would be aghast if she found out he was pushing himself to his limits.

Grabbing his cloak and cane from the nearby hat-rack, he wandered towards the end of the hall, only giving a wave of his wand behind him to lock his door. If he didn’t, there would be a million and one brooms there for him to test in the morning, making sure charms were properly fixed on them as well as making sure they couldn’t be tampered with.

Walking slowly down the hall, lost in thoughts about tomorrow, he almost missed the few employees that were still working hard in their offices by the floo network and doors. “Good night fellows. I will see you all tomorrow morning,” He nodded to a few pure-bloods before turning to one of the muggle-borns that was working, “And you, get that report on safe charms to me by the morning.” Robert snapped before his cloak was tugged on.

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

“WHO’S CHILD IS THIS?!” Robert screamed, startling a few of his employees, making a broom catch on fire before he looked down and saw the girl’s eyes.

"He misses my and his mommy." And with that, she shoved the little puffskein in his face. Well…ok, that was cute. She was brave, Robert would give her that, but other than that, she should not have been here, nor should she have been wandering around this late at night.

“Well, I suppose I can help you find your mother.” He looked down, eyes staring at her before he reached out a hand for the small child to take.

Callista would still have a fit for his late night, but if he explained…perhaps she would understand. Callista never turned her back on a child, and what kind of a man would Robert be if he did?

Professor Tibble

(06/06/2012 at 19:49)
  • C/S Professor
    • View Profile
Accepted.
"You die in the dream, you wake up in reality. Ask me what happens if you die in reality."

"What happens?"

"You die, stupid - that's why it's called reality."

- The Dream Lord, 'Amy's Choice'

Tags: