Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Parris James Alexander Jr - Application  (Read 1042 times)

Parris James Alexander Jr

(07/02/2013 at 01:07)
  • Freshman
  • C5D5T3S3
    • View Profile
Name: Parris James Alexander Jr.

Birthday: October 10th

Hometown: Born in Painswick Eng. Now Resides in Temperance CT

Bloodline: Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):Divination

Magical Weakness (pick one): Transfiguration
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning

Year (pick two): 3 or 4

Biography: Wind whistled through the trees and fog kissed the ground. It was a typical October night in Painswick England, but not so typical -for in a small valley hidden amongst the darkness ; twins were being born. One being a girl and the other a boy. As the young mother cradled her newborns in her arms she shared a fearful look with her husband. Prior to her pregnancy her an old beggar woman had foretold the birth of her twins. She said that they would be healthy, strong, but one of them would have blackened heart. A heart that would beat with the sound of pure evil. Squeezing her husband's; hand the new mother tried to assure him that the foreshadowing was wrong and that both their children would be perfectly normal.

At the age of three Parris experienced his first tangle with death. In the month of November his parents decided to give him a small dog as a gift. As all parents do they cautioned him that it would be a large responsibility and if he didn't behave then they would take the animal right back to it's owner. Parris nodded gleefully but after a week of barley playing with the dog he grew bored. Parris knew that his parents would make him keep it regardless of his boredom. So one night when everyone was asleep he took the dog into the bathroom, filled up the tub, and drowned it. The next morning when his parents frantically approached him about the matter Parris simply smiled and said ; " He got boring".

From that day on Parris become something of a walking maniac. When he started school he would physically harm other students out of the sheer joy of it. In addition he would harm animals, or anyone he found generally annoying. As the years went on his parents became rather frazzled. Parris' destructive behavior wasn't allowing them to focus their attention on Valerie (Parris' twin sister). They needed a calm atmosphere to ensure that Valerie stayed on the path of being a strong "champion". After weeks of thinking they decided to send Parris to live with his uncle : Clemsete in America. At the time Parris was nine but he could think of nothing better than being separated from his family. In the years that followed Clemsete refused to put up with Parris' destructive lifestyle. Instead he forced the young lad to channel his behavior in other ways. Such as writing and providing him only with time to study for school.

Although it seemed that Parris was shaping up to be a "fine young man" (as his mother would say) there was always this gleam in his eye. The same gleam that shinned when was a child.

Society Request: Unknown

Personality: can be very quiet, has a temper but has learned to keep it under control, can come off as being slightly cocky, very intelligent, observant, manipulative, conniving, and cunning

Appearance: Height - 6'0.
Build - Highly Athletic
Hair- Dark Brown
Eyes- Green.
*Can appear to be very intimidating

Previous Characters (if applicable):  Valerie Alexander (Active)

Sample RolePlay:

"How about I write the essay and stuff? You can just put your name on it. Sound good?

Parris looked Simon and chuckled. Normally he would have agreed to such an idea but he felt as though Simon was doubting his intelligence- and that was something he hated. Picking up the book the book that had gotten slammed on the table. Parris slowly ran his finger up and down the spine as though he were inspecting it. He did this until his anger diminished.

Once it did he turned to Simon, gripped the table, and spoke with narrow eyes. "Listen I'm just as capable of writing a bloody essay as you are. In fact I may be better".

Parris paused for a moment to make sure  he had Simon's attention. "Now you're going to sit back in your chair, fix your attitude, and collaborate with me. If not I'm pretty sure there's room in the hospital ward for you". Laying the book gentle back on the table Parris opened it and slid it in Simon's direction. "Do you understand me"?

William Lancaster

(08/02/2013 at 04:11)
  • Head of Ravenclaw + Transfiguration Professor
  • C17D14T19S9
  • ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Most Likely to be Involved in a Tragic Transfiguration Accident
    • View Profile
Hi Parris! Thanks for applying!

If you could, we'd like for you to tone down the violence a little bit. Especially since Parris is a student, drowning a dog and harming other students are things that will tend to exceed the site rating. If you could post the revised application below, we'll be happy to take another look!

--Will

Valerie Alexander

(08/02/2013 at 05:09)
  • 5th Year
  • C6D5T3S4
    • View Profile
oooooh,.... okay :)

Parris James Alexander Jr

(08/02/2013 at 05:29)
  • Freshman
  • C5D5T3S3
    • View Profile
REVISED!

Name: Parris James Alexander Jr.

Birthday: October 10th

Hometown: Born in Painswick Eng. Now Resides in Temperance CT

Bloodline: Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):Divination

Magical Weakness (pick one): Transfiguration
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning

Year (pick two): 3 or 4

Biography: Wind whistled through the trees and fog kissed the ground. It was a typical October night in Painswick England, but not so typical -for in a small valley hidden amongst the darkness ; twins were being born. One being a girl and the other a boy. As the young mother cradled her newborns in her arms she shared a fearful look with her husband. Prior to her pregnancy her an old beggar woman had foretold the birth of her twins. She said that they would be healthy, strong, but one of them would have blackened heart. A heart that would beat with the sound of pure evil. Squeezing her husband's; hand the new mother tried to assure him that the foreshadowing was wrong and that both their children would be perfectly normal.

At the age of three Parris began exhibiting a lack of emotions. In the month of November his parents decided to give him a small dog as a gift. As all parents do they cautioned him that it would be a large responsibility and if he didn't behave then they would take the animal right back to it's owner. Parris nodded in agreement but after a week of barley playing with the dog he grew bored. Parris knew that his parents would make him keep it regardless of his boredom. So one night when everyone was asleep he took the dog outside and left it alone in the woods. The next morning when his parents frantically approached him about the matter Parris simply smiled and said ; " He got boring". His parents couldn't understand how a child could simply cast away a household pet as though it were nothing.

From that day on Parris become something of a walking maniac. When he started school he would harass other students out of the sheer joy of it, and at home he was not better - He spent countless hours being disobident and behaving selfishly.

As the years went on his parents became rather frazzled. Parris' destructive behavior wasn't allowing them to focus their attention on Valerie (Parris' twin sister). They needed a calm atmosphere to ensure that Valerie stayed on the path of being a strong "champion". After weeks of thinking they decided to send Parris to live with his uncle : Clemsete in America. At the time Parris was nine but he could think of nothing better than being separated from his family. In the years that followed Clemsete refused to put up with Parris' destructive lifestyle. Instead he forced the young lad to channel his behavior in other ways. Such as writing and providing him only with time to study for school.

Although it seemed that Parris was shaping up to be a "fine young man" (as his mother would say) there was always this gleam in his eye. The same gleam that shinned when was a child.

Society Request: Unknown

Personality: can be very quiet, has a temper but has learned to keep it under control, can come off as being slightly cocky, very intelligent, observant, manipulative, conniving, and cunning

Appearance: Height - 6'0.
Build - Highly Athletic
Hair- Dark Brown
Eyes- Green.
*Can appear to be very intimidating

Previous Characters (if applicable):  Valerie Alexander (Active)

Sample RolePlay:

"How about I write the essay and stuff? You can just put your name on it. Sound good?

Parris looked Simon and chuckled. Normally he would have agreed to such an idea but he felt as though Simon was doubting his intelligence- and that was something he hated. Picking up the book  that had gotten slammed on the table. Parris slowly ran his finger up and down the spine as though he were inspecting it. He did this until his anger diminished. He didn't plan on embarrassing himself in a library and to allow his temper to show would only go against his guardian's wishes.

Once Parris was able to "smile" again he  turned to Simon, gripped the table, and spoke with narrow eyes. "Listen I don't like you and I don't care what you think of me. But as of right now we both need a good grade on this project and that's not going to happen if you don't grow up and work with me".

Parris paused for a moment to ensure that he had Simon's full attention.   "Now you're going to sit back in your chair, fix your attitude,  and collaborate with me. If not we will fail and I'll make sure we have no way to fix it"! Laying the book back down on the table, Parris opened to the first page and slid it in Simon's direction. "Do you understand me"? His voice was a low soft whisper but it still held a grand strength.

Phineas Malthus

(08/02/2013 at 15:54)
  • Gryffindor House Ghost
    • View Profile

Mister Alexander,

Congratulations, your application to Salem Institute has been accepted.

Regards,

Tags: