We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Milo Amsel  (Read 1336 times)

Milo Amsel

(25/01/2012 at 06:17)

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Milo Amsel

Education:  Hogwarts Class of '65

Residence: In Hogsmeade above his shop. A poorly lit and cramped second floor apartment above a shop with two tiny windows that force candle light to be used. He has a bed in the corner, with a side-table and drawer. In the middle of the room was a small round table with two chairs, along the wall opposite the bed is his kitchen area; though his bathroom is located down in the back of his shop.

Requested Magic Levels:
  • Charms: 12

• Transfiguration: 7

[li$i]Divination: 6

[li]Summoning: 7

[/li][/list]
    Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?

If I'm understanding this...no. I don't think so.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
    Chase McKnight

Special Phrase:

Tibble's Beard of Power

Biography: Born and raised in Berlin, Germany; life growing up was hot and cold for this half-blooded Wizard. Post WWII; growing up in Germany was not as rough for Milo as most kids, based on his families' standing... Milo developed his Magical abilities from his mother, Sophie Amsel, a member of one the most influential pureblooded families in Germany... His father was a young reluctant German soldier, Klaus Mueller, forced to fight, but who found refuge in the Amsel Estate; specifically cared for by Sophie, who's family were deserter sympathizers, and the two fell in love.

Against her family's wishes, Sophie decided to make the decision to fall in love with Klaus, after  two years of hiding the soldier she had agreed toconsummate with him. Klaus, who ended up being Milo’s father was a Muggle. The Amsel family, though upset, were supportive of their daughter, and when Milo showed he was capable of producing Magic, they were happy they got the Grandchild they were hoping for, Half-Blood or not.
    When he was 11, they decided to send him to Hogwarts he spent 7 years in the Ravenclaw house, which suits his last name well which roughly translates to “Black Bird” in German. After leaving Hogwarts, Milo became a Magizoologist and spent a few years learning how to care and train animals before deciding to try to open up his own Pet Shop in Hogsmeade. His parents loaned him enough money to start a business and Milo decided to go for it.
    Milo is excited to be back in the area; where some of his old classmates and friends live, and where he can always hear a good story or enjoy a good time in Hogsmeade.  The young bachelor is also trying to meet demands of his Grandparents to marry a Pureblooded Witch though Milo would rather fall in love with the right person, rather than marry for the sake of marrying, and it’s not as if he’s desperately searching.

ROLEPLAY
    Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
    Milo smiled for a moment to remember his first animal. A German Shepherd named Rudi, who had lived for a good twelve years before getting sick.  The caring man knelt down to the little girl’s level and spoke softly, “That’s a cute puffskein you have there.” Milo said, “But I think your parents would like to know where both of you have gone. They might be worrying.”
    Milo stood and walked behind the counter, pulling out a glass jar filled with Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans; remembering one of his old Puffskeins who use to love chewing on the many flavored confection. “I think if he’s hungry, you may find that a handful of beans qualms even the biggest Puffskein belly.” He scooped up a handful of jelly beans, and walked around the counter and looked up at a few of the store goers who were scanning around looking at his animals, and held his hand up to the Puffskein’s mouth and the creature happily ate them.
    “I can contact your parents, I just need their names or your address.” Milo said, reassuringly to the little girl. “Do you know your parent’s names, or your address? Anything you can do to help will help us find your parents…”
    He smiled at the girl, waiting for a response…

SHOPKEEPER QUESTIONS
    Answer these questions only if you are applying to be a shopkeeper as well.

Shop name:  Blackbird’s Pet Shop
    Shop Description (200 words minimum):
    Blackbird’s Pet Shop was the work of the purchase of a two story home, loaned to Milo by his parents, who gave him enough money to fix the poorly constructed building into a more attractive shop.
    Replacing the front wall of the old home, Chase replaced it with a modern entrance with a full front window to display various things like cages, aquariums, and Puffskeins in spacious cages.

The dark purple sign hanging above the entrance reads , “Blackbird’s Pet Shop” in  glowing silver letter, and a Raven, animated and all, flies around the sign, in an out, and around the text.

Inside the store is nice and tidy. When you walk in, the counter is right to the right, in the corner,  and across from that on the opposite side; there’s an entire room of well kept animals, including dogs, cats, and owls who were trained to live amongst one another without going crazy.

In the middle of the store are six aisles, double-sided; with the three aisles towards the back being filled with fish, fish tanks and supplies, as well as hermit crabs and puffskeins. The front three rows are supplies of animal food, liter, and grooming supplies.

The black window paint on the front window reads “If we don’t have the particular breed of dog, cat, or owl that you are looking for, I will personally look for one for you for no extra charge.” And the purple paint underneath reads “First bag of food free with all animal purchases.”  And of to the side in white text read “Animal Training available, speak to Milo inside.”

Milo places spells on his shop to make it smell like whatever he feels like making it smell like on any given day, though some of the most commons are the smell of spiced gingerbread or cherry vanilla.
    --------------------------------------
    What purpose will this shop serve other than selling things and being the home of your character? Why would people want to RP there just for fun?
    Some ideas I can think of would be characters in need of a Summer Job IC, part-time Job IC, or students in Hogwarts who cared about animals who wanted to stop by and help feed the animals, or if any students had an unruly pet they wanted to get trained, or if Hogwarts needed some of their animals from the Menagerie taken care of for a bit. He may also hear enough things around town to be a valuable source of information for anyone who wanted to stop in just to talk upstairs.

Professor Tibble

(27/01/2012 at 21:02)
    • C/S Professor
      • View Profile
    Accepted as a character.

You are free to say that you have a shop, IC, and we'll try to get back to you soon about whether or not it will have its own forum on the Elsewhere board. (If we don't get back to you, remind me!)
    "There's something here that doesn't make sense... let's go poke it with a stick."

- The Doctor, 'Amy's Choice'

Chase McKnight

(28/01/2012 at 01:59)
    • Ravenclaw '74
    • C9D5T8S6
      • View Profile
    Alrighty. I'm okay with whatever. If there's jobs that need to be filled for any reason let me know, I can rewrite anything to do with his job if needed.

Milo Amsel

(04/02/2012 at 03:21)
      • View Profile
    I can't see my avi in the above post, and I can't see the edit button or anything else either...

I was going to change my job to the Head of Security in the Department of Magical Maintenance.

Esme Vartan

(07/02/2012 at 15:28)
    • Lead Researcher, Supra Mortalitas
      • View Profile
    All set! Welcome to Elsewhere. : )
    I'm the opposite of moderate
    immaculately polished.

♦♦♦

Milo Amsel

(08/03/2012 at 08:08)
      • View Profile
    Esme. I kind of failed with this character but I promise I have it sorted now. How can I officially apply for the normal job of just Magical Law Enforcement Patrol? I've had so much trouble trying to come up with stuff to write with, but I totally rewrote my bio. He's still going to work in the Ministry and I'm willing to fill any small roles you guys may need in any storylines etc....

Anyway...

Updated bio...

Milo Amsel is a pureblooded wizard who was born and raised in Heidelberg, Germany. His father, Franz Amsel was a direct member of the Amsel family, and worked as an Advisor to the German Minister of Magic. His mother, Lora Amsel, formerly Lora Fuchs, married into the Amsel family from the Fuchs family, uniting two of Wizarding Germany’s noble pureblood families.

Milo was born July 12th, 1948; six years after his older brother Axel. Milo’s mother worked as a liaison to the British ministry and Milo would often travel there with his mother and this lead to him taking English lessons until he was fluent in English to go along with his German. Axel had chosen to attend Durmstrang for his education, and when his parents gave him the opportunity, he decided to go to a place he felt he would be comfortable at.

Thus Milo attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for all seven years of his education. The sorting hat had no trouble placing Milo in Ravenclaw, considering his name was German for “Black Bird.”  He pushed himself hard, though he didn’t participate in any extracurricular activities. He often shadowed his mother or father around the Ministry though, because that’s where he aspired to get a job; he was particularly interested in Auror work.

Milo has tried his luck many times with females but has been unable to stay committed, having been cheated on by a few naughty Witches. His brother, Axel, used his family fortune to purchase the Heidelberg Harriers; turning them into one of Germany’s top team via signings of great players.
    After fighting through his O.W.L.S. and N.E.W.T.S.; after seven long years of studying and preparing, Milo graduated from Hogwarts in ’66 and after spending the summer traveling, he began Auror training. He toughed out training for three years but failed to qualify as an Auror, so as of now works in the Magical Law Enforcement Patrol; he’s uncorrupted, intelligent but inexperienced in the field. With the elevated state of affairs in the Wizarding world, Milo is anxious to make an impact for the better.

Tags: