We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Rosalie Peters  (Read 1037 times)

Rosalie Peters

(26/04/2016 at 22:38)
  • Entertainer & Volunteer Healer
  • C12D6T7S7
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Rosalie Peters
Blood Status: Halfblood

Education: 
Muggle schools until age 11
Hogwarts for 7 years
Oxford University for clinical rotations for two years, even though her resume had a fake muggle school

Residence:
London

Occupation
Entertainer in clubs and restaurants as a jazz/classical singer
Volunteer healer currently applying for jobs as a permanent Healer, her dream job

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
No.

Requested Magic Levels:
  • Charms: 12
  • Divination: 5
  • Transfiguration: 8
  • Summoning: 7
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
I do not have any.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Rosalie Peters, born to a muggle father, Tobias Peters, and a witch mother, Daisy Peters, was born in a small village near London called Buckinghamshire. Rosalie had the perfect muggle childhood that consisted of a great public school until the age of 11 when she received her Hogwarts letter. Her older brother, Reese Peters, had gotten his Hogwarts letter two years previously, but she was told it was an acceptance letter to a private muggle school until she had gotten her own. Much to her surprise, she had found out she was a witch, and it was time to go off to this unknown school where people used their magic for good all the way over in Scotland. Reese would be there waiting for her, so she was't too scared to start classes there. She had been told that her muggle friends would not take too kindly to her new secret, so she had to leave her muggle world behind.
Those 7 years were some of the best, and she was glad to have spent 5 of them with Reese who was by her side whenever she needed it, even if it was to roughen her up a little.
Being away for so long didn't keep her father from continually sending her ivy league college letters every year at Hogwarts. In the end, her father won, even if they had to create a fake resume to help her get to college. She got into Oxford with her high marks and her various activities from school. Of course they had to change Quidditch to football and the study of magic to book club. Spending two years at the muggle school, Rosalie decided the muggle world just wasn't for her. She was more like her mother than she thought.
Soaking in a good background of medicine from her two years of clinical rotations at Oxford, she started volunteering different places as a junior healer to build up her resume. Her dream job was to make it as a Healer at St. Mungo's, but she has not applied yet for fear she might not get it. In order to pay for her apartment in the heart of London, she continued her passion as a singer and took small jobs as an entertainer at nightclubs and restaurants that played either jazz or classical music. She started to sing a little swing as of recent, but times were different she supposed. Wherever she could get a job, she took it. That meant she rarely had time for much else.
She spent 3 years in the great city of London where she received letters from her travelling brother and her aging parents every so often. What a perfect life, it seemed, until she received news that her father had been drafted for some muggle conflict. Her father was too old to be fighting in a war. Rosalie spent a lot of nights back in her childhood home to keep her mother company. It wasn't too long until she joined the many orphans of war when she found out that her father died in battle, and her mother died of "natural causes." That's what the coroner called it, but Rosalie called it loneliness.
For months after this, the small brunette didn't receive any letters from her brother. Rosalie left her responsibilities and traveled to some of the places her brother recently was visiting in his letters. She had to know he was out there, but she still managed to find a nightclub or two to keep her afloat.

Roleplay Response Two:
The stars twinkled in the sky as people passed by without a second thought of who they bumped into and didn't stop to even apologize. These were the times; full of conflict and disinterest. If there was one thing to brighten one's thoughts on that chilly evening, it was that the snow looked beautiful as it reflected the beams of light that leaked from the crescent shaped moon that hung in the starry night.

Rosalie stuffed her mitten-covered hands into her red pea coat as she stared at scene before her, taking in each moment. She had just exited a nearby nightclub in her black dress that reached just below her knees while thick stockings covered the rest of her. Her black curls had fallen out of the bun that she wore for her gig, but her short bob did not seem to bother her too much. She knew Reese would not be anywhere near Diagon Ally on this fine night, but she thought she would take a stroll down memory lane before starting at dawn the next day to look for him.

"Move it, lady!" An older woman shrieked and shoved past the girl with a huff to follow.

"I'm sorry!" Rosalie called back, but the woman was already out of earshot. She disappeared into the crowd of people, and Rosalie just shrugged. There was not much more she could do about it. Stepping away from the large volume of people, her black heels clicked against the icy pavement as she started to think about the woman and the kind of life she led. She wondered if the woman had children or if she had to worry about a muggle relative. Maybe she had a brother missing just like Rosalie.

Before Rosalie could remove herself from the hustle and bustle of Diagon Ally, she ironically joined a hurried passerby by slipping to the ground with him as he dropped a box of decorations right on top of her. Rosalie glanced over, hearing him speak to her but not quite listening to what the man was saying. She wasn't sure what had happened until she felt the cold, numbing bite of the ice against her thick stockings. "Oh my... Are you okay?" She asked, realizing they had bumped into each other which got them into that mess in the first place. When she noticed the decorations sprinkled on top of her, she laughed and stood to start helping him clean up the brightly colored tinsel. "We look like Christmas trees," she teased in attempt to lighten the mood as she awaited the man to reply.

How did you find us? Google

Viola Ross

(06/05/2016 at 05:36)
  • Gryffindor '42
  • C12D8T9S11
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Hi Rosalie!

Just one tiny thing--when setting your magical levels, we require that to start, your lowest magical ability be no lower than half your highest (rounded down). Therefore, Rosalie's Charms level would need to be lowered to at least 11, or her Divination level would need to come up to at least 6. For example, you could take a point from Transfiguration and add it to Divination, giving you 12, 6, 7, and 7. Either way, just make sure you're only using a total of 32 points! :)

Feel free to PM me if you have questions!

--Vi
And so it goes
This soldier knows
The battle with the heart
Isn't easily won
but it can be won

Odessa Aldren

(07/05/2016 at 19:48)
    • View Profile
Requested Magic Levels:
Charms: 12
Divination: 6
Transfiguration: 7
Summoning: 7

(I hope you don't mind, but I just posted the points in order to shorten the response length.)

Rosalie Peters

(07/05/2016 at 20:08)
  • Entertainer & Volunteer Healer
  • C12D6T7S7
    • View Profile
I apologize about that! It seems as though I replied while my friend's account was still logged in on my computer. The previous statement still stands though, and I hope you can forgive me for my stupidity!

Viola Ross

(11/05/2016 at 17:31)
  • Gryffindor '42
  • C12D8T9S11
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Accepted!
And so it goes
This soldier knows
The battle with the heart
Isn't easily won
but it can be won