We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Elsewhere Adult - Persephone Nicholas  (Read 716 times)

Persephone Nicholas

(10/03/2019 at 18:37)
  • Wizengamot clerk
  • C10D6T10S6
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Persephone Nicholas
Blood Status: Half-Blood

Education: 
Slytherin Alumni

Residence:
A cottage in Dorset’s countryside

Occupation
Wizengamot clerk

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
The Ministry, please !

Requested Magic Levels:
Adult characters have 32 starting levels to distribute across these four categories (less levels can be used if you so desire, but no more than 32). The number of levels on the lowest ability must be at least half of the highest ability.

If you want levels above the usual 32 total, or a significantly uneven distribution of starting levels, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.

• Charms: 10
  • Divination: 2
  • Transfiguration: 15
  • Summoning: 5
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No I’m good !

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
This is the first.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
PART 1 - What do you mean, you’re a witch ?

She knew she wasn’t supposed to be eavesdropping. Her mother had told her so a lot of times, and if her father catched her lurking behind the door, she would be in a lot of trouble.

Still, this argument in particular had been building for some time know, and her mother herself had confessed to her that she was going to tell her dad soon. It has been far too long, she had told her. Your magic will show soon, and I will have to explain myself anyway.

So, since she had been brought into this since the beginning, she felt she had a right to listen her parents discussing their love life. Right ?

Oh, as if she cared anyway.

“What do you mean, you’re a witch ?”

“I mean… I mean that I can do magic, Oliver.”

“But… But how ?”

Nobody spoke for a little bit, and then she heard her father sit on the sofa. “This is ridiculous.”

“I know that this is a bit much for you, darling,” her mother said in a soothing tone, “but you were meant to know eventually… I didn’t want to at first, considering your background,” she added politely.

“My background ? Are you kidding me ?”

“Well... Your parents…”

“Are religious, yes. And you know I am too. Your point being ?”

“You know. You lot have a habit of burning people like me.”

Persephone cringed. Oh, boy. Here they go, she thought.

“MY lot ? I’m sorry lady, I’m not the one breaking my freakishness to you here !”

“Oliver, your reaction is perfectly understandable. But please -”

“What about Percy ? Does she know ?”

Persephone frowned when she heard the loathed surname.

“Yes, love. She does. After all, she’s a witch too.”

“I need a bloody drink, Eliza.”

“Let me fix that --”

Persephone’s eyes widened and she frantically tried to go back up the stairs where she belonged, but her mother was too swift for her.

“What in the devil are you doing here, young lady ?” asked her mother in a hushed tone.

“Uh, I, uh…” she gulped. “I was just thirsty, Mum.”

“Well go get water then,” her mother answered in an irritated voice. “I don’t have time for you right now.”

Disappointed, Persephone got a glass of water and went back up to her room.

Her parents got a divorce three years later. Oliver had not been able to overcome the sudden rift between him and his wife.

PART TWO - Hogwarts

“Nicholas, Persephone !”

Persephone eyed the teacher and went to sit on the stool, her heart beating fast. The Sorting Hat had something weird about it, and she wasn’t too keen on putting it on her head, since it had been worn by thousand of people before her. What about lice ? Did they even clean it properly ?

“Oh, I see,” said the Sorting Hat in her head. She jumped. “You’re quite the sneaky one, aren’t you ?”

She huffed. Sneaky, her ? More like subtle.

“And arrogant, too. You do think highly of yourself, don’t you ? Oh, yes, I think you’d fit well in… SLYTHERIN !”

Persephone handed back the Hat to the professor and went to sit on the cheering table. Huh. That could work. She liked green, anyway.

PART THREE - Grief

“Oh, no, Mum,” she whispered, holding her mother’s hand.

Dragonpox was quite painful, she knew, and she briefly wondered if she could catch it, too.

“You know it’s true, darling. I will not live much longer, the Healers said so.”

Persephone stubbornly refused to let herself cry. She squeezed her mother’s hand stronger.

“Don’t they know of any… I don’t know, experimental medicine or potions they could give you ?” she bit her lip. “I’m not quite sure I can manage without you to help, mummy.”

“Oh, you’ll manage all right,” said her mother in an airy tone. “After all, you’ve been fine on your own last year during your Grand Tour. How’s William, by the way ?”

“We broke up,” she frowned. “He wasn’t the right guy for me, I think. I might be into girls anyway.”

Eliza pretended to be shocked and chuckled. “Well, that would not surprise me. I sure do hope your father won’t hear about it, though.”

“Oh, he will,” Persephone said with a smirk.

“Give him hell from me, will you ?”

“Sure, mum.”

“Now, I don’t want any cheap flower during my funeral, darling,” said her mother in a commanding tone. “No daisy, no rose.”

“Yes, mum.”

“And make sure that there’s plenty to eat. I wouldn’t want my last guests to be untended to.”

“Yes, mum,” Persephone replied. She choked on the words, the tears finally breaking through. “It will be magnificent.”

“Oh, Persephone,” Eliza squeezed her hand. “The women in this family always pushed on no matter what. Keep your dreams in your head and move forwards, all right ? You’ll do fine, I know. I love you.”

The rare words had her sobbing in her mother’s arms. Life would never be the same again.

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:

Option One -
Amelia Nixon was many things, but she was never a pushover reporter that people could just usher away with a busy shuffle past. She was dedicated and eager to cut to the very middle of the current political tensions because she was Amelia Nixon and her articles would most certainly become front page material.

“Sir, please! It’s for the Prophet, how do you feel-“

Another one brushed passed her, the shuffling busy masses making their way through Diagon Alley for the lunchtime rush. This had been the best possible time to get people, but none of them were giving her anything to go with.

Only momentarily discouraged, the short red headed lady took a seat on a nearby bench. Her quill resting in her left hand and her notepad ready in the opposite hand. Amelia pouted, tapping the quill against her leg as she scanned the waves of people for somebody - anybody - who looked like they had something to say.

She had been dreaming of her name in bold print, Amelia Nixon: The Source of Today’s Tomorrow. She had been dreaming of the larger office and the secretaries that would fetch her the morning coffee and fetch her anything she needed. The VIP interviews and the most exclusive press passes. But all Amelia had was a page seventeen piece on the rising number of frogs in London.

Hardened by a day of no success, the reporter stood up and started to trod off down the alley. A loose stone on the cobble path caught her heel, sending the distraught girl toppling down to the ground.

“Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!” she yelled as she tried desperately to recover her shoe frantically in the middle of the Diagon Alley moving crowds.

Roleplay Response:
She was almost late. Again.

Last night’s session at the Wizengamot had taken forever and she hadn’t slept enough and this week was a nightmare. Angrily, she strolled down the Alley, wanting to buy something to eat before going to work, since she would most likely not have much of a lunch break. She was fending the crowd, muttering apologies when she accidentally bumped into someone, when her eyes landed on a peculiar scene.

Some red-headed witch was frantically trying to get her shoe back. It had somehow stuck itself into the cobble path, and she looked distraught.

She reminded Persephone of someone, and then, the quill and the notepad gave her back the memory ; she was a journalist, and she had seen her quite a lot in the Ministry hallways. Frowning, Persephone considered her options. Either she helped her and risked to be late again (and Merlin knew her boss would not be pleased), or she didn’t and would most likely miss the chance of befriending a journalist. Admittedly not so bright, since she was a witch, and had most likely a wand to help her out in this kind of situation, but a journalist nonetheless. Sighing softly, she made her way to the red-headed witch.

“Oh, my,” she said in a false sympathetic voice. Here, let me help you.”

Persephone fished her wand in her long coat and pointed it at the shoe. “Alarte Ascendare.”

The shoo rose into the air and she ‘Accio’ed it to her hand. Unfortunately, it had broken during the process. A quick Reparo, and she handed the shoe back to the journalist.

“There you go. All fixed,” she smiled and inclined her head. “I’m Persephone Nicholas. I think we’ve seen each other in the Ministry but I don’t remember your name, sorry. Who are you again ?”

OTHER
How did you find us? Recommendation

Please note that I am not a native English speaker, and I'm sincerely sorry if any mistake found its way to this application.

Calypso Ross

(12/03/2019 at 17:20)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Hi Persephone, welcome to the site!

Your application looks good so far, there's just something we'll need to address before we can progress it further.

You're requesting unbalanced levels for Persephone (her lowest level is less than half of her highest level), which requires an exceptional levels request to be completed. If you'd like to keep Persephone's levels unbalanced, you'll need to submit an exceptional levels request via PM to an administrator (see here for the staff listing).

If you'd rather not submit an exceptional levels request, you'll need to edit your levels to make them balanced before we can accept your application. If you choose this option, please repost your entire revised application with the edited levels below.

If you'd like any further help with either submitting an exceptional levels request or with balancing your levels, feel free to PM me.

Thanks!
I'VE GOT A BLANK SPACE BABY
AND I'LL WRITE YOUR NAME

Persephone Nicholas

(15/03/2019 at 10:42)
  • Wizengamot clerk
  • C10D6T10S6
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Persephone Nicholas
Blood Status: Half-Blood

Education: 
Slytherin Alumni

Residence:
A cottage in Dorset’s countryside

Occupation
Wizengamot clerk

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
The Ministry, please !

Requested Magic Levels:
Adult characters have 32 starting levels to distribute across these four categories (less levels can be used if you so desire, but no more than 32). The number of levels on the lowest ability must be at least half of the highest ability.

If you want levels above the usual 32 total, or a significantly uneven distribution of starting levels, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.

• Charms: 10
  • Divination: 6
  • Transfiguration: 10
  • Summoning: 6
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No I’m good !

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
This is the first.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
PART 1 - What do you mean, you’re a witch ?

She knew she wasn’t supposed to be eavesdropping. Her mother had told her so a lot of times, and if her father catched her lurking behind the door, she would be in a lot of trouble.

Still, this argument in particular had been building for some time know, and her mother herself had confessed to her that she was going to tell her dad soon. It has been far too long, she had told her. Your magic will show soon, and I will have to explain myself anyway.

So, since she had been brought into this since the beginning, she felt she had a right to listen her parents discussing their love life. Right ?

Oh, as if she cared anyway.

“What do you mean, you’re a witch ?”

“I mean… I mean that I can do magic, Oliver.”

“But… But how ?”

Nobody spoke for a little bit, and then she heard her father sit on the sofa. “This is ridiculous.”

“I know that this is a bit much for you, darling,” her mother said in a soothing tone, “but you were meant to know eventually… I didn’t want to at first, considering your background,” she added politely.

“My background ? Are you kidding me ?”

“Well... Your parents…”

“Are religious, yes. And you know I am too. Your point being ?”

“You know. You lot have a habit of burning people like me.”

Persephone cringed. Oh, boy. Here they go, she thought.

“MY lot ? I’m sorry lady, I’m not the one breaking my freakishness to you here !”

“Oliver, your reaction is perfectly understandable. But please -”

“What about Percy ? Does she know ?”

Persephone frowned when she heard the loathed surname.

“Yes, love. She does. After all, she’s a witch too.”

“I need a bloody drink, Eliza.”

“Let me fix that --”

Persephone’s eyes widened and she frantically tried to go back up the stairs where she belonged, but her mother was too swift for her.

“What in the devil are you doing here, young lady ?” asked her mother in a hushed tone.

“Uh, I, uh…” she gulped. “I was just thirsty, Mum.”

“Well go get water then,” her mother answered in an irritated voice. “I don’t have time for you right now.”

Disappointed, Persephone got a glass of water and went back up to her room.

Her parents got a divorce three years later. Oliver had not been able to overcome the sudden rift between him and his wife.

PART TWO - Hogwarts

“Nicholas, Persephone !”

Persephone eyed the teacher and went to sit on the stool, her heart beating fast. The Sorting Hat had something weird about it, and she wasn’t too keen on putting it on her head, since it had been worn by thousand of people before her. What about lice ? Did they even clean it properly ?

“Oh, I see,” said the Sorting Hat in her head. She jumped. “You’re quite the sneaky one, aren’t you ?”

She huffed. Sneaky, her ? More like subtle.

“And arrogant, too. You do think highly of yourself, don’t you ? Oh, yes, I think you’d fit well in… SLYTHERIN !”

Persephone handed back the Hat to the professor and went to sit on the cheering table. Huh. That could work. She liked green, anyway.

PART THREE - Grief

“Oh, no, Mum,” she whispered, holding her mother’s hand.

Dragonpox was quite painful, she knew, and she briefly wondered if she could catch it, too.

“You know it’s true, darling. I will not live much longer, the Healers said so.”

Persephone stubbornly refused to let herself cry. She squeezed her mother’s hand stronger.

“Don’t they know of any… I don’t know, experimental medicine or potions they could give you ?” she bit her lip. “I’m not quite sure I can manage without you to help, mummy.”

“Oh, you’ll manage all right,” said her mother in an airy tone. “After all, you’ve been fine on your own last year during your Grand Tour. How’s William, by the way ?”

“We broke up,” she frowned. “He wasn’t the right guy for me, I think. I might be into girls anyway.”

Eliza pretended to be shocked and chuckled. “Well, that would not surprise me. I sure do hope your father won’t hear about it, though.”

“Oh, he will,” Persephone said with a smirk.

“Give him hell from me, will you ?”

“Sure, mum.”

“Now, I don’t want any cheap flower during my funeral, darling,” said her mother in a commanding tone. “No daisy, no rose.”

“Yes, mum.”

“And make sure that there’s plenty to eat. I wouldn’t want my last guests to be untended to.”

“Yes, mum,” Persephone replied. She choked on the words, the tears finally breaking through. “It will be magnificent.”

“Oh, Persephone,” Eliza squeezed her hand. “The women in this family always pushed on no matter what. Keep your dreams in your head and move forwards, all right ? You’ll do fine, I know. I love you.”

The rare words had her sobbing in her mother’s arms. Life would never be the same again.

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:

Option One -
Amelia Nixon was many things, but she was never a pushover reporter that people could just usher away with a busy shuffle past. She was dedicated and eager to cut to the very middle of the current political tensions because she was Amelia Nixon and her articles would most certainly become front page material.

“Sir, please! It’s for the Prophet, how do you feel-“

Another one brushed passed her, the shuffling busy masses making their way through Diagon Alley for the lunchtime rush. This had been the best possible time to get people, but none of them were giving her anything to go with.

Only momentarily discouraged, the short red headed lady took a seat on a nearby bench. Her quill resting in her left hand and her notepad ready in the opposite hand. Amelia pouted, tapping the quill against her leg as she scanned the waves of people for somebody - anybody - who looked like they had something to say.

She had been dreaming of her name in bold print, Amelia Nixon: The Source of Today’s Tomorrow. She had been dreaming of the larger office and the secretaries that would fetch her the morning coffee and fetch her anything she needed. The VIP interviews and the most exclusive press passes. But all Amelia had was a page seventeen piece on the rising number of frogs in London.

Hardened by a day of no success, the reporter stood up and started to trod off down the alley. A loose stone on the cobble path caught her heel, sending the distraught girl toppling down to the ground.

“Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!” she yelled as she tried desperately to recover her shoe frantically in the middle of the Diagon Alley moving crowds.

Roleplay Response:
She was almost late. Again.

Last night’s session at the Wizengamot had taken forever and she hadn’t slept enough and this week was a nightmare. Angrily, she strolled down the Alley, wanting to buy something to eat before going to work, since she would most likely not have much of a lunch break. She was fending the crowd, muttering apologies when she accidentally bumped into someone, when her eyes landed on a peculiar scene.

Some red-headed witch was frantically trying to get her shoe back. It had somehow stuck itself into the cobble path, and she looked distraught.

She reminded Persephone of someone, and then, the quill and the notepad gave her back the memory ; she was a journalist, and she had seen her quite a lot in the Ministry hallways. Frowning, Persephone considered her options. Either she helped her and risked to be late again (and Merlin knew her boss would not be pleased), or she didn’t and would most likely miss the chance of befriending a journalist. Admittedly not so bright, since she was a witch, and had most likely a wand to help her out in this kind of situation, but a journalist nonetheless. Sighing softly, she made her way to the red-headed witch.

“Oh, my,” she said in a false sympathetic voice. Here, let me help you.”

Persephone fished her wand in her long coat and pointed it at the shoe. “Alarte Ascendare.”

The shoo rose into the air and she ‘Accio’ed it to her hand. Unfortunately, it had broken during the process. A quick Reparo, and she handed the shoe back to the journalist.

“There you go. All fixed,” she smiled and inclined her head. “I’m Persephone Nicholas. I think we’ve seen each other in the Ministry but I don’t remember your name, sorry. Who are you again ?”

OTHER
How did you find us? Recommendation

Please note that I am not a native English speaker, and I'm sincerely sorry if any mistake found its way to this application.

Calypso Ross

(15/03/2019 at 15:41)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Accepted!

G
Daring, Determination, Drive

Tags: