We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Quaylan Viridian Slyph  (Read 789 times)

Quaylan Viridian Slyph

(28/12/2016 at 21:21)
  • Wand Maker
  • C13D6T9S6
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Quaylan Viridian Slyph
Blood Status: Pure blood

Education: 
Hogwarts Graduate: Slytherin

Residence:
London, 21 Falfaux place

Occupation
Wand Maker

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
Not that I have planned

Requested Magic Levels:

• Charms: 15
  • Divination: 6
  • Transfiguration: 7
  • Summoning: 6
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No thank you

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
N/A

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Quaylan was raised by her mother and father as the youngest of three. Her family was private in most matters, and had few dealings with anyone they deemed disreputable. When Quaylan's acceptance letter to Hogwarts came her parents nearly tore it up and tossed it into the fire, but in response to Quaylan's pleading her parents let her attend. Soon Quaylan had her school supplies and her older sister Taylor brought Quaylan to buy a wand. Quaylan was very intrigued by strange shop and took a liking to the many wands stacked upon each other in the shop. It took nearly seven tries but eventually they found a wand that liked her; it was a ten inch long, Thestral hair core, reasonably pliant, ebony wood wand.

Since this first visit to the wand shop Quaylan grew to be very interested in the creation and lore of wands, now knowing what she intended to do when she graduated Quaylan went to school with even more excitement than before. She was sorted into Slytherin with only a little bit of thought from the hat. Her life went well, and rather uninterestingly until her seventh year. Her mother and father had been on a trip to the americas to visit their cousins, that was the last she saw of them, discovering that they had died at the hands of muggles in Providence. She only learned this from a letter sent back to her by her aunt Lasandra. After the event Quaylan was left with a bitter taste, deciding that muggles were not to be trusted, nor were muggleborn, but she would not be the same as her parents all the same, she would still give them a chance.

Quaylan spent the rest of her year at Hogwarts mostly disconnected from the rest of her classmates, preferring to study wand lore. When she graduated she went off to study more about wands. Deciding that she would start her own private wand making business, so she could sell these wonderful creations to those who needed them.

Roleplay: 

Option One -

Roleplay Response:

Quaylan had been walking through Diagon Alley on her way to the wand shop so she could deliver the wands that she had most recently crafted, she was nearly there and was wishing that she had made the delivery at a different time. It was hard enough walking through the Diagon Alley carrying things with you, let alone to come during lunchtime. Too late for thoughts like these now though. Next time she would plan further ahead.

That's when she heard somewhere in the crowd a woman call out for help.

"Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!”

The first thought through her head was to just let someone else help the woman, but, she knew that everyone else was probably thinking the same thing. Quaylan looked at the door of the wand shop, so seductively close to her. Then she let out a heavy sigh and walked back into the crowd to find the woman.

Eventually Quaylan saw her, she was crawling on the ground trying to gather her things. shifting her package so that she held it under one arm Quaylan reached down and picked up the shoe, walking over to the woman. As Quaylan went to help her up she was struck by the beauty of the girl, then shook the though from her head. It wasn't proper.

"You should be more careful you know. Here, let me give you a hand up." Quaylan said setting the shoe down and extending her hand to the woman, "I can fix that shoe of yours if you need."

OTHER
How did you find us? | Recommendation |

Quin Eldritch told me about it(So I stole her Q).

* Anneka Ivanova

(02/01/2017 at 19:32)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Hi Quaylan!

Your application looks great! There's just a little problem with your requested magic levels. They are not balanced. Once you start playing in Elsewhere and earn levels, they no longer have to balance, but they do have to start off that way.

So your lowest level is 6, which means your highest level can only be 13 (because we disregard the half). Once you change those numbers, please post your entire revised application below and we'll be happy to take another look.

Thanks!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Quaylan Viridian Slyph

(03/01/2017 at 02:58)
  • Wand Maker
  • C13D6T9S6
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Quaylan Viridian Slyph
Blood Status: Pure blood

Education: 
Hogwarts Graduate: Slytherin

Residence:
London, 21 Falfaux place

Occupation
Wand Maker

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
Not that I have planned

Requested Magic Levels:

• Charms: 13
  • Divination: 6
  • Transfiguration: 9
  • Summoning: 6
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No thank you

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
N/A

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Quaylan was raised by her mother and father as the youngest of three. Her family was private in most matters, and had few dealings with anyone they deemed disreputable. When Quaylan's acceptance letter to Hogwarts came her parents nearly tore it up and tossed it into the fire, but in response to Quaylan's pleading her parents let her attend. Soon Quaylan had her school supplies and her older sister Taylor brought Quaylan to buy a wand. Quaylan was very intrigued by strange shop and took a liking to the many wands stacked upon each other in the shop. It took nearly seven tries but eventually they found a wand that liked her; it was a ten inch long, Thestral hair core, reasonably pliant, ebony wood wand.

Since this first visit to the wand shop Quaylan grew to be very interested in the creation and lore of wands, now knowing what she intended to do when she graduated Quaylan went to school with even more excitement than before. She was sorted into Slytherin with only a little bit of thought from the hat. Her life went well, and rather uninterestingly until her seventh year. Her mother and father had been on a trip to the americas to visit their cousins, that was the last she saw of them, discovering that they had died at the hands of muggles in Providence. She only learned this from a letter sent back to her by her aunt Lasandra. After the event Quaylan was left with a bitter taste, deciding that muggles were not to be trusted, nor were muggleborn, but she would not be the same as her parents all the same, she would still give them a chance.

Quaylan spent the rest of her year at Hogwarts mostly disconnected from the rest of her classmates, preferring to study wand lore. When she graduated she went off to study more about wands. Deciding that she would start her own private wand making business, so she could sell these wonderful creations to those who needed them.

Roleplay: 

Option One -

Roleplay Response:

Quaylan had been walking through Diagon Alley on her way to the wand shop so she could deliver the wands that she had most recently crafted, she was nearly there and was wishing that she had made the delivery at a different time. It was hard enough walking through the Diagon Alley carrying things with you, let alone to come during lunchtime. Too late for thoughts like these now though. Next time she would plan further ahead.

That's when she heard somewhere in the crowd a woman call out for help.

"Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!”

The first thought through her head was to just let someone else help the woman, but, she knew that everyone else was probably thinking the same thing. Quaylan looked at the door of the wand shop, so seductively close to her. Then she let out a heavy sigh and walked back into the crowd to find the woman.

Eventually Quaylan saw her, she was crawling on the ground trying to gather her things. shifting her package so that she held it under one arm Quaylan reached down and picked up the shoe, walking over to the woman. As Quaylan went to help her up she was struck by the beauty of the girl, then shook the though from her head. It wasn't proper.

"You should be more careful you know. Here, let me give you a hand up." Quaylan said setting the shoe down and extending her hand to the woman, "I can fix that shoe of yours if you need."

OTHER
How did you find us? | Recommendation |

Quin Eldritch told me about it(So I stole her Q).

* Martin Hawksworth

(03/01/2017 at 22:30)
  • Auror
  • C24D25T22S16
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Accepted!

I heard you’re a player

Nice to meet you, I’m the coach

Tags: