We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Beauxbatons Student Application  (Read 820 times)

Elise Pritchett

(02/06/2013 at 22:01)
  • 6e Année
  • C1D0T2S1
    • View Profile
Application for Beauxbatons Academy

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Elise Muriel Pritchett

Birthday: June, 24th

Hometown: Rouen, France

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Magical Strength:
Transfiguration

Magical Weakness:
Divination

Year: 6e année

Biography:
Elise Muriel Pritchett is the daughter of the french witch Clémence Marie Mauret and teh english Muggle Richard Pritchett. Her mother was a gifted witch who travelled a lot because of her passion for rare magical beasts. On one of her journeys she met Elise's father who was a renown biologist at the time. They fell in love when talking about the biota of the Scottish high lands. They married in England an moved to Paris afterwards. They had Elise after being married for two years. She was their eldest child followed by a younger brother called Logan Richard Pritchett four years later. When Elise was eight her father was exploring the wilds of the mountains of Hungary when a huge Hungarian Horntail turned up and killed him, because he had accidently approached his nest. The death of her father influenced Elise gravely for she lost the carefree attitude of a normal seven year old child. She started to isolate and spend a lot of time on her own reading for she had become afraid of the outside world which had killed her beloved father. The only person towards whom she preserved her easygoing habits was her little brother. She has been in a difficult relationship with her mother eversince. Clémence did not understand how her daughter could stay away from the beautiful nature she loved so dearly. After her husband's decease she had been devastated, but she recovered when discovering a wonderful phoenix on one of her trips. She travelled a lot even though she was the only one to take care of her children now. This caused even more tension between mother and daughter as Elise hated to move so often or to stay with their weird aunt Lobelia in Sussex where her father's family was from. Elise has become a very silent and introvert child with only few social contacts. She mistrusts most people, but for her friends she cares a lot and she would do anything to make them happy. Her little brother is the most important person for her as he was the only stable and positive relationship she has experienced so far. She is very smart and cultivated because of her affinity to books. She is very creative and loves transfiguration because it is the ability to turn ugly things into something beautiful. Elise is excited to go to Beauxbatons, but she is also afriad to leave her brother behind. They have never been separated for so long in her entire life.

Ecole Request:
Humanities

Communaté Preference: Orange

Personality
Elise takes a special interest in the history of magic and the relationships between wizards and other races. When she was six she was taught by her grandma how to have a polite conversation with the centaur who lived in the forest near her house. That fascinated her so that she wanted to learn everything about the rules wizards had made for other species such as goblins and house-elves. She hates devination for her father went to see a friend of his who was very good at devining the future before his last trip. He only went because his friend told him it would all go well. Her favorite book is 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard' and her favourite story is 'The wizard and the hopping pot'. This was the first stroy that showed to Elise the power and importance of healing, which has become a major interest for her after her father's death. She is very fond of domestic animals and she buys herself a black cat, when receiving the letter from Beuxbatons. Elise often appears to be melancholic for she mostly concentrates on her studies and misses her brother. When she is with friends she can be very caring or she can just keep out of the action. She rarely is in a bad mood or rather she does not let it show for she has learnt to keep her emotions to herself and she is too proud to admitt her weaknesses in front of other especially strangers. Her biggest fear is to be stranded in the wild all alone and without her wand. On the other hand she most wishes to find a way to help people who are lost and helpless and hurt.

Appearance:
Elise has long, light brown hair, she often keeps it in a pigtail as this is much more practical for studying. Her grey eyes are able to show her innermost feelings from the deepest sadness when thinking about her parents to the strongest love when looking at her brother, but most of the time they are just evidence to the concentration and intelligence that occupy Elise's mind. She is average tall, and she is neither slim nor is she overweight. She walks very carefully in order not to attract anyone's attention and to keep out of trouble.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
You come across this post on the site. Please as your character. Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions! The dining hall was a loud, calamitous thing. Students sat scattered through the vast room, speaking various languages, laughing, and simply having a gay old time. A group of students towards the front of the hall sat huddled over a pile of sheet music. Black notes melted on to the off white parchment, splaying out a secret language, only readable to those who carried the gift. Another group sat watching a tall, thin upperclassman parading around her new ballet point shoes in awe. There seemed to be a group in the hall for everyone.

Everyone except Hilary, that is.

Poor Hilary stood soaking in the scene before her with a slight grimace on her face. Before coming to Beauxbatons, she had been overjoyed to begin studying magic, but now as she waded through her third week at the school, she felt lost in a sea of strangers. It wasn't that she was shy, no. Indeed, she even tried to reach out to some students. It was more that everyone seemed to already have their own clique, and Hilary felt so very unwelcome in all of them.
On her plate, she fidgeted with an assortment of vegetables and a delicate pork chop. That was the nice thing about Beauxbatons. Despite the many cold-shouldered students, the food was still incredible.

With a hefty sigh, Hilary strode into the dining hall. As she did, she let her mind wander to what life at the academy might be were she royalty. The students would bow at her feet! And of course she would only ever don the most elegant of robes, decorated in sequins, rhinestones, and laced with frills. All of the girls at the school would fawn over the level of grace she exhibited. Hilary would make wonderful royalty, yes that was certain.

Though, lost in her fantasy, Hilary failed to notice the leather bag lying at the center of the walkway. Failing to notice the bag in her path, naturally caused her to trip, spilling the contents of her plate all over the student sitting just beside the bag.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!"

Elise entered the loud dining hall lokking at what appeared to be a more than sufficient meal: there were fried eggs, baked potatoes, roastbeef, vegetables, things she had never seen before and it all smelled delicious. She was pleased to see so much to eat after having studied the history of the wizard-hous-elves relations for so long. Not that the topic did not interest her, but she just forgot the time when she studied. She looked around the room. There were all sorts of people most of whom Elise did not know. She looked for a familiar face, in vain. "Well", she said to herself, "I have only been here for a week, I will have enough time to make new friends after lunch." She sat down totally exhausted and let her leather bag slide to the floor behind the bank. Elise looked around, trying to decide what to eat. It did not take her long to chose, she was too hungry to hesitate. She decided to take some mushrooms and beans to mix them with the fresh salad. "No experiments when you're hungry," she thought after looking suspiciously at an yet unknown but deliciously looking red vegetable. She took a sip of orange juice out of her goblet and began to eat. She absorbed the scences around her attentively while chewing. What a strange school she had arrived at. She had hoped to be able to learn and find other who were just as eager to improve as she was, but most of them were nothing but rich show-offs, not able to tell the difference between an animagus and a metamorphmagus. She continued to eat in silence. She had not met anyone friendly and open enough to bind with her, that made her sad a bit, especially at dinner time. No matter where they had been Logan and she had always taken dinner together. And now she was here at a new school surrounded by strangers. She let out a sigh and turned her mind to more pleasant things. "The libary is extraordinary here. I have never seen so many books at one time. All the knowledge hidden in the innumerable pages." Elise thought. She smiled, happy again with the new environment. She was tasting some of the mushrooms - the best she had ever tried - when she heard someone failing on the hard stone ground and a pork chop hit her head. "Oh! I'm so sorry!" She heard a female voice say. Elise looked up to the owner of this pleasant voice and smiled slightly. "It's not that bad, except that I'm a vegetarian and therefore I'm not well acquainted with pigs in this condition.", she said jokingly. Looking closely at the unknown girl standing in front of her. "I think it's me who should be sorry for letting my bag lie around carelessly." She looked at the girl more closely she seemed to be somewhat lost and Elise liked her for some reason, she had a sympathetic face. Therefore she added: "By the way I'm Elise. I'm new at Beauxbatons. I don't know where you were headed, but as you need to get a new plate anyway I would like you to sit next to me." Elise said. Wow, she had not been this sociable and loquacious since her arrival at Beauxbatons. This started to feel awkward. What if the girl thought her to be weird and obtrusive? "And let me help you with that." she added to distract herself and to change the subject if the girl did not want to make her acquaintance. Elise started to clean up the mess caused by the girl's fall partly because she wanted to help and partly to keep the girl from seeing the uncertainty in her eyes.

* Michael Woods-Taylor

(04/06/2013 at 23:16)
  • Maintenance Worker & Freelancer
  • C21D8T17S24
    • View Profile

Miss Pritchett,

Congratulations, your application to Beauxbatons Academy has been accepted. Term has begun as of 01 May; please make your way to the Academy as soon as possible to begin classes. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Regards,
Michael Woods-Taylor

Tags: