Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Skiloh Antoinette Dancy /WIP  (Read 1240 times)

Skiloh Antoinette Dancy

(22/03/2014 at 20:44)
  • Elsewhere Adult
  • C10 D5 T9 S8
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Skiloh Antoinette Dancy

Bloodline: Squib

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
No, they're not. Skilla and Jonas Dancy

Residence:
376B, Dancy Lane, Jerusalem Manor, Mockingbird Hill, Northern Ireland

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
Yes, the children's home. Skiloh would want to work with the small children.

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Cosette Laurent

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Type your response here.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
Type your response here.

Skiloh Antoinette Dancy

(22/03/2014 at 22:18)
  • Elsewhere Adult
  • C10 D5 T9 S8
    • View Profile
I am such a failure. I used the wrong template. x_x

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Skiloh Antoinette Dancy

Education: 
Durmstrang [1-3]
Brazilian School of Witchcraft [3-4]
Beauxbatons [4-5]
Durmstrang [5-7]

Residence:
376B, Dancy Lane, Jerusalem Manor, Mockingbird Hill, Northern Ireland

Occupation
Staff at Children's House in Hogsmeade

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
Hogsmeade Children's House

Requested Magic Levels:
Adult characters have 32 starting levels to distribute across these four categories (less levels can be used if you so desire, but no more than 32). The number of levels on the lowest ability must be at least half of the highest ability.

If you want levels above the usual 32 total, or a significantly uneven distribution of starting levels, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.

• Charms: 12
  • Divination: 5
  • Transfiguration: 10
  • Summoning: 5
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Cosette Laurent

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
I.
Jonas Dancy was not looking forward to marrying this girl, this Skilla deJon Vueza. He knew he had no choice, though, but Jonas had never met her before, and was bothered by that. He was only nineteen when his parents told him about this girl – and now, he was just twenty, and she was of marrying age – the ripe young age of nineteen. ‘She’s from a right good family,’ they said, ‘you’ll love ‘er,’ they stated. His parents did not know his anxiety, though. He feared that he would not be enough for her – or that she would not look as right as she should to marry someone of his purity. He was, after all, the only Dancy heir, he had no siblings, and he would have to carry the name on through another pureblood, wouldn’t he? It was seventeen days later that he met his wife-to-be, and he fell in love. They were married that day, the day they met.
II.
Sixteen years later, Jonas, age thirty-six, and his wife, aged thirty-five, welcomed a little baby-girl into the world. A little girl who was named Skiloh Antoinette. She was named Skiloh after her grandmother, on her father’s side, and Antoinette after her great-grandmother, on her father’s side.
III.
When Skiloh was eleven, she started school in Durmstrang – because it was where her father had gone, she stayed there until she was in her third year of school. Her third year to fourth years were spent in Brazil, in the magic school there. Her parents moved her to France at the age of fourteen, and she spent her fourth and fifth school years there at Beauxbatons, and from there she moved back to Durmstrang.
IV.
As soon as she graduated from Durmstrang, in her seventh year of school, Skiloh took off from Russia to Northern Ireland, to live with some family members. She stayed there until she was twenty, before she branched out to find her own home.
V.
As six years passed, Skiloh slowly grew used to living on her own. She learned to take care of herself, and she even adopted a little, little girl, named Skril. She found the small child on the streets of Northern Ireland one day, and took her as her own – through all the legal channels that were needed. She made sure her new child had a citizenship in the U.K., though since Northern Ireland was part of the U.K., she figured that. Though her daughter is young, she believes that the child is magical – as the girl shows signs of being some part Veela.
[/i]

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:

Option One -
Amelia Nixon was many things, but she was never a pushover reporter that people could just usher away with a busy shuffle past. She was dedicated and eager to cut to the very middle of the current political tensions because she was Amelia Nixon and her articles would most certainly become front page material.

“Sir, please! It’s for the Prophet, how do you feel-“

Another one brushed passed her, the shuffling busy masses making their way through Diagon Alley for the lunchtime rush. This had been the best possible time to get people, but none of them were giving her anything to go with.

Only momentarily discouraged, the short red headed lady took a seat on a nearby bench. Her quill resting in her left hand and her notepad ready in the opposite hand. Amelia pouted, tapping the quill against her leg as she scanned the waves of people for somebody - anybody - who looked like they had something to say.

She had been dreaming of her name in bold print, Amelia Nixon: The Source of Today’s Tomorrow. She had been dreaming of the larger office and the secretaries that would fetch her the morning coffee and fetch her anything she needed. The VIP interviews and the most exclusive press passes. But all Amelia had was a page seventeen piece on the rising number of frogs in London.

Hardened by a day of no success, the reporter stood up and started to trod off down the alley. A loose stone on the cobble path caught her heel, sending the distraught girl toppling down to the ground.

“Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!” she yelled as she tried desperately to recover her shoe frantically in the middle of the Diagon Alley moving crowds.

Option Two -
The snow had been falling steadily all morning and it didn't look like it was going to stop any time soon. Joshua Campbell scrunched his face up in a frown as he lifted his gaze to look to the sky. Snow. It really was quite a bother.

And it certainly didn't make it better that Diagon Alley seemed to be getting more and more crowded. Joshua sighed and pointed his wand at the large box that was currently placed on the doorstep of his shop. He had to get going. He had an order to deliver.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" The elderly man muttered and watched the box hover in the air for a moment. Honestly, did St. Mungo's really need that much tinsel? And with glitter of all things? He sighed again. If it hadn't been for the rather convincing stamp on the order, he would have been likely to believe it had been a prank by one of those orphaned rascals living up there. 

Oh well, there was no point in waiting. Joshua deftly stirred the box down the doorstep and out onto the street, carefully levitating it above the heads of the crowd.

"Coming through! Coming through!" His voice sounded over the chatter of the crowd. "Keep out! Move ahead! Go on!" This was going way too slow. People were in the way and walking like they had all day! He huffed. Luckily the road was down hill.

"Coming through! Coming th--- arrrgh!" Joshua let out a loud shout as his feet suddenly slipped in the snow and sent him, the box, and several long strands of tinsel tumbling into the person who had been walking in front of him.

"For Merlin's sake!" Joshua muttered angrily as he hurried to his feet again, red and gold tinsel now decorating his black coat. "I am so sorry! This blasted snow!" He looked apologetic at the person he had crashed into.

Roleplay Response:
Skiloh heard the man's shout, and turned to try and help him - only to find that she was too late, the man had already dropped everything! The woman, with her pulled back hair and bright eyes knelt on the ground to gather the things for the man, already waving his apologies.

"You're welcome, sir." She uttered, standing and moving to place the objects into the box again, and settle the box upright. She shook her head, humming to herself as she made sure the man could get on his way.

She'd not leave until she was sure that he could manage the box of stuff.

OTHER
How did you find us? Other

* Martin Hawksworth

(25/03/2014 at 23:11)
  • Auror
  • C24D25T22S16
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Hello Skiloh!

I hope that I am not pushing in too soon, sometimes WIPs get lost in the group because we don't always know when they are 'finished'. If I am jumping in too soon, I apologize!

I wanted to make a couple quick comments though that, if you are still working on the app, you might work into it before complete.

First, your RP response teeters on subtle power playing. In my opinion there isn't quite enough time or options left to the writer behind Joshua Campbell. You are quickly declaring that Skiloh aided in picking up the contents of the box, prepared it for him to grab and responding to an unspoken thanks. It isn't a big leap to presume that Joshua will accept the help and be gracious for it from this thread, but you should always leave reactions up to the other writer. Who knows, maybe Joshua is so frazzled that he 'attempts' to slap your hand away from the precious contents of that box or is so embarrassed that he fails to thank his savior. A very little tweaking to that response will be all that is needed though :)

Also, if Skiloh's adoptive daughter ends up being part Veela, and a big part of Skiloh's world - as daughters should be hehe, a special request will need to be submitted. Unique characters such as Veela have big effects on everyone around them and special considerations need to be made. If though, Skiloh is merely reading into things, fussing over the potential of having a special child in her care, you should be fine.

I love the names you've come up with by the way! Skiloh, Skril, Skilla! Nice :)

Skiloh Antoinette Dancy

(25/03/2014 at 23:43)
  • Elsewhere Adult
  • C10 D5 T9 S8
    • View Profile
First:
You're not jumping in to early. xD I just haven't gotten around to fixing that RP sample. I'll do it now. xD
Second:
She's just looking into things. I'm thinking the girl will be muggleborn, and show signs of being magical later on. :3

Thank youuu. XD I was inspired by Spyro, the video game. xD

And The New Response:

'I bet someone will fall over, or break something in this crowd', she thought to herself as she stepped out of the book store. It was a snowy, bustling day and she disliked these sort of days.

She scowled to herself when she heard that shout - and being the kind-natured creature that she was, she turned to look to see if anyone needed any help. As she watched the lady he'd bumped into with that box, simply walk away, she frowned and called after the woman - "If you want people to respect you, you should stop and help!"

With that said, Skiloh moved toward the man, slowly. Her shoes crunched on the snow as she walked, and she offered a kind smile. "Hullo, sir. I'm sorry about that lady, she must not be a very good person." She shrugged and knelt as she asked if she could help - "Do you want some help? I'd not mind."
« Last Edit: 25/03/2014 at 23:56 by Skiloh Antoinette Dancy »

Collin OReilly

(26/03/2014 at 09:49)
  • 42nd Battalion - Captain - Head of Nursing Corps
  • C15D10T13S8
    • View Profile
Hello Skiloh,

Thanks for clearing those things up for us, your application is looking great! I just have one small question to ask of you before accepting you. Your levels seem to be a teensy bit unbalanced as we like characters to start off with levels where the number of levels on the lowest ability is at least half of the highest ability (eg 6 being the lowest and 12 the highest). If you could please adjust your levels to that, we can get you accepted straight away!

- Collin O'Reilly

The Wizard's Alliance
SUPPORTING FAMILIES SINCE 1938

Skiloh Antoinette Dancy

(26/03/2014 at 23:01)
  • Elsewhere Adult
  • C10 D5 T9 S8
    • View Profile
Charms: 12
Divination: 9
Transfiguration: 5
Summoning: 6

Collin OReilly

(27/03/2014 at 15:31)
  • 42nd Battalion - Captain - Head of Nursing Corps
  • C15D10T13S8
    • View Profile
Hello Skiloh,

I might not have been completely clear before, but you need your lowest level to be no more than half of your highest level. That means if you have 12 as your highest level, no levels can be below 6, as half of 12 is 6.

I hope this helped!
The Wizard's Alliance
SUPPORTING FAMILIES SINCE 1938

Cosette Laurent

(27/03/2014 at 21:38)
  • Seventh Year
  • C6D7T6S5
    • View Profile
That was a major, major fail on my mathematics. xD

C: 10
D: 5
T: 9