We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Hekky, goddess of the crossroads | Elsewhere smol  (Read 532 times)

Hekate Undergrove

(20/07/2021 at 06:29)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D1T2S0
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Hekate Undergrove

Bloodline:
Pure as snow

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?):
Not played
Perses Undergrove (adoptive father)
Asteria Undergrove (adoptive mother)
Elias Greenwood (birth father)
Sybille Greenwood (birth mother)

Residence:
Longcross, Surrey, UK

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
Nah

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Not sure where to put this but permission granted by Atlas Undergrove's player to be linked ic
Hekky's (adoptive) dad is the younger brother of Atlas' dad.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Lysander, Bedwyr, et al.

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
hello misses headmistress
my name is hekate but you can call me hekky and im righting to you cause my letters late and i want to learn magic like all my famly
mum and dad said its coming any day now and before i no it but its been at least a hundred days and i still didnt get it so im wondring if you could make the day that i get the letter today or tomorrow or maybe yesterday please
i no righting is hard and hurts your fingers if you do it to much but please dont forget me please
i am real good at stuff and will be good at your scool all the time i promise
i like things like horses and dragons and playing with my friends and you can ask misses simpson whos my teecher now how good i am at learning things and how i am always be quiet during quiet time and everything
love hekky

ps dont tell mum and dad that i righted this letter cause they said not to thanks and you can keep the drawing i did on the back its a presant so you like me

Hekky hasn't made a bunch of friends yet. There isn't much chance. Mum and dad want her being all smart for when school starts. Hekky should have every advantage they can saddle her with. Advantages sure get heavy. Sometimes Hekky's whole body hurts from the advantages she has to do every day.

In her spare time, Hekky practices the habits that mum and dad say all little ladies should know. Drawing and reading are her special favourites but she can muddle through horseriding and broomriding and sewing and numbers and all the rest. On her birthday, dad says he'll take her too see a dragon.

Her birthday isn't yet. Mum says it's 'some time away', but Hekky doesn't know how long a some is yet. She keeps losing count of days and then the some goes back to the start, she thinks. Every time she asks, it's still some time.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
"You!"

Hekky, and the whole rest of the world, froze in place. As the voice echoed in her mind, she would have bet her best blue shoes that the air itself solidified and the trees ceased their rustling.

Some girls meant business. They absolutely did. They meant business and they did business. Hekky wasn't sure how business was spelled. The disconnect between the BusinessGirl and the not-sure-how-business-was-spelled girl put the latter at a decided disadvantage. The animal part of Hekky's brain barked out a "Me!" before the witch part of her brain could wonder at the source of BusinessGirl's aggression. Hekky put her hands in the air as if BusinessGirl were an auror and Hekky a yeilding dark witch.

Hands still raised toward the pleasant sky, Hekky did her very very best to make sense of the bucking broom that this conversation had turned out to be. She checked the girl's eye colour, like mum said to when she met someone new. Not that it ever mattered. The moment the eyes were out of focus and BusinessGirl's broom fell under Hekky's gaze, any remembrance of eye colour faded like mist at midday.

"I want to play," she agreed, trying tremendously to pretend at poise. Awkwardly, she let her arms begin to lower, "But I don't know any rules."

OTHER
How did you find us? TopSites

Hekate Undergrove

(24/07/2021 at 08:59)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D1T2S0
    • View Profile
[hi hello
the dates didn't match up for Hekky to be the Eli's kid. sorry for the inconvenience - please see below for updated version of hekky's app. thank you love you.]

E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Hekate Undergrove

Bloodline:
Pure as snow

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?):
Not played
Perses Undergrove
Asteria Undergrove

Residence:
Longcross, Surrey, UK

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
Nah

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Not sure where to put this but permission granted by Atlas Undergrove's player to be linked ic
Hekky's dad is the younger brother of Atlas' dad.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Lysander, Bedwyr, et al.

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
hello misses headmistress
my name is hekate but you can call me hekky and im righting to you cause my letters late and i want to learn magic like all my famly
mum and dad said its coming any day now and before i no it but its been at least a hundred days and i still didnt get it so im wondring if you could make the day that i get the letter today or tomorrow or maybe yesterday please
i no righting is hard and hurts your fingers if you do it to much but please dont forget me please
i am real good at stuff and will be good at your scool all the time i promise
i like things like horses and dragons and playing with my friends and you can ask misses simpson whos my teecher now how good i am at learning things and how i am always be quiet during quiet time and everything
love hekky

ps dont tell mum and dad that i righted this letter cause they said not to thanks and you can keep the drawing i did on the back its a presant so you like me

Hekky hasn't made a bunch of friends yet. There isn't much chance. Mum and dad want her being all smart for when school starts. Hekky should have every advantage they can saddle her with. Advantages sure get heavy. Sometimes Hekky's whole body hurts from the advantages she has to do every day.

In her spare time, Hekky practices the habits that mum and dad say all little ladies should know. Drawing and reading are her special favourites but she can muddle through horseriding and broomriding and sewing and numbers and all the rest. On her birthday, dad says he'll take her too see a dragon.

Her birthday isn't yet. Mum says it's 'some time away', but Hekky doesn't know how long a some is yet. She keeps losing count of days and then the some goes back to the start, she thinks. Every time she asks, it's still some time.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

Roleplay Response:
"You!"

Hekky, and the whole rest of the world, froze in place. As the voice echoed in her mind, she would have bet her best blue shoes that the air itself solidified and the trees ceased their rustling.

Some girls meant business. They absolutely did. They meant business and they did business. Hekky wasn't sure how business was spelled. The disconnect between the BusinessGirl and the not-sure-how-business-was-spelled girl put the latter at a decided disadvantage. The animal part of Hekky's brain barked out a "Me!" before the witch part of her brain could wonder at the source of BusinessGirl's aggression. Hekky put her hands in the air as if BusinessGirl were an auror and Hekky a yeilding dark witch.

Hands still raised toward the pleasant sky, Hekky did her very very best to make sense of the bucking broom that this conversation had turned out to be. She checked the girl's eye colour, like mum said to when she met someone new. Not that it ever mattered. The moment the eyes were out of focus and BusinessGirl's broom fell under Hekky's gaze, any remembrance of eye colour faded like mist at midday.

"I want to play," she agreed, trying tremendously to pretend at poise. Awkwardly, she let her arms begin to lower, "But I don't know any rules."

OTHER
How did you find us? TopSites

Calypso Ross

(01/08/2021 at 08:41)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Archiving, as a student application has been submitted.

G
Daring, Determination, Drive