Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Owen Stevens ~ Elsewhere Adult  (Read 789 times)

Owen Stevens

(31/07/2013 at 07:11)
  • Pub Singer
  • C5D4T6S5
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Owen Alexander Stevens

Education: 
Hogwarts - Ravenclaw - Graduated '39

Residence:
The Stevens Manor,
Hulme Walfield,
Britain

Occupation:**If you are planning to work at St. Mungo's, please fill out the St. Mungo's application here instead.
Unemployed - Heir to the Auberghast Fortune

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
n/a

Requested Magic Levels: (see here on how to do this)
If you want levels above the usual 32 total, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.
  • Charms: 10
  • Divination: 5
  • Transfiguration: 11
  • Summoning: 6
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
n/a

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Faye E. Reinhardt, Lucas Monroe, Henrietta Deluise, Vienna McCarthy, Garrett J. Black, Ophelia Stormcloak, Alek M. Petrov

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Owen Alexander Stevens was born in the small village of Hulme Walfield in the North West of England. His parents, Peter and Claryssa, married 6 years prior to this, marrying in the muggle way. Their Victorian-looking house was built by Peter's ancestors in the 1890's and is still a landmarked building in many muggle communities, often reffered to as 'The Stevens' Manor'. Living in such a peaceful and isolated area gave Claryssa and Peter the environment that they needed, in which, they could perform magic, without risk of exposure.

As Owen grew up, Peter and Claryssa were worried. For some reason, Owen was not showing any signs of any magical properties at all, leading Claryssa to fall into a fit of depression, fearing that she had produced a squib. Luckily, a few months later, Owen's magic started to shine through. By the time he was 5 years old, his favourite pass-time was to sit in the garden and use magic to make the flowers grow. Claryssa and Peter found their son to be a charming young boy and were hoping that one day he would attend either Duirmstrang or Hogwarts, just as they had.

In the passing years, Owen's interests no longer lay in the garden, he now liked to take refuge in the library, searching for information on the histories of the Wizarding World and of magic itself. He loved to seek out a history book to read and would often finish them in a maximum of 2 days. In one sentence; Owen adored the histories of magic. The unknown was just a maze to him, it wasn't a scary place if you knew what you were looking for.

A month prior to his 11th birthday, Owen received a letter declaring him eligible for a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He was so excited to actually go to the school and learn more about the histories that he loved so much and even more so, the things he was always too young to understand.
With his new pet owl; Sugar and his books, robes and wand; unicorn hair, 11.5 inches, fairly springy, he kissed his mother's cheek and hugged his father on platform nine and three quarters and boarded the 'Hogwarts Express' and began his journey to his new school. On arrival, he had already made friends with some of the new students that he'd shared a carriage with.

During his 2nd and 4th years he had already been branded as a possible 'O' student in Charms and Transfiguration but had never understood Divination. All the talk of omens and auras was in his opinion; "A load of rubbish."
In his 3rd year, he had been transferred, for a term, to Durmstrang Academy for Wizards, the school that his father had attended. This was not a pleasant experience for the young wizard, as he was forced to learn the Dark Arts, much to his disapproval. When the term was up, he was glad to see the back of that place forever, hoping that he would never step foot inside that asylum again.

After the end of his fifth year, Owen had been through two boyfriends and had made numerous friends and even a few enemies. Unfortunately for him, his family was pulling him out of Hogwarts to move to France, where he would attend Beauxbatons. His parents had told the head teacher and a plan was mapped out for Owen's future in France. Luckily, Owen had found a way to escape from his deranged parents and was now residing in his old house in Hulme Walfield, which he had bought back with his inheritance that was hidden safely in his Gringotts vault. After going to see the head teacher of Hogwarts once more, he had pleaded for his place at Hogwarts to be reinstated for the rest of his educational career, with the hope that the school board would see his predicament and come to an agreement to let him enroll for his sixth year.

The school board agreed to re-instate him as a student at Hogwarts, and so began his most difficult year at the school. New friends, old friends, new enemies and rivals from the past affected his attitude to school and he lost track of himself, becoming a mess of emotion. Since then, he had become extremely depressed and his work in lessons had been shoddy. When summer came,  Owen disappeared. Nobody knew where he had gone, but the rumor was that he had spent a period of time in St. Mungos, being treated for severe depression and anxiety. This is true, as that is exactly where he had been, although he would never admit it to someone if they asked him. Not yet, anyway. After being discharged, he travelled to Camp Loki by portkey, ready to try and take on another summer full of socializing and then another year of schooling.

After a hard year of ups and downs and plenty of drama, Owen had finally graduated from Hogwarts. He wasn't sure where he was going to end up, but he was ready to live every day as it came.

Roleplay: (If you are requesting Exceptional levels - above 32 total - please respond to the roleplay and questions here instead)
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
Owen had only come into Honeydukes to get himself some chocolate frogs and that was it, but now he was being tugged at by a small child.

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home. He misses my and his mommy."

Turning on the spot and looking down, Owen raised an eyebrow at the fluff-ball in the girl's arms. Sighing, he crouched down to be at the young girl's level.

"Well, how about I buy your puffskein some chocolate and then we can go and find your mummy, okay?"

Getting up from his crouching position, Owen walked over to the chocolate frogs and picked up three. Two for himself and one for the little girl's pet. Walking uo to the counter, he exchanged the necessary amount of money and then walked back to the girl, holding out the chocolate frog.

"How about you share that with him and then we'll start looking?"

OTHER
How did you find us? Facebook
« Last Edit: 31/07/2013 at 07:13 by Owen Stevens »

Eirwen Medraut

(31/07/2013 at 09:20)
  • Secrétaire Des Admission & Conseiller
  • C17D12T13S9
    • View Profile
Hello Owen,

As a graduate from Hogwarts this term, you don't need to apply to go on to Elsewhere, you can go on roleplaying there straight away! Just remember to post in the Elsewhere Activity check, which will be up over the summer break.

For future reference, please also be aware that the only ways to enter Camp Loki is by Floo from either Hogwarts, Beauxbatons or Salem. Travelling there by portkey is unfortunately not possible for the time being.

- Eirwen Medraut

Tags: