Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Min Hargrave  (Read 544 times)

Min Hargrave

(26/06/2019 at 23:58)
  • Junior Healer - Spell Damage
  • C10D10T5S9
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Min Hargrave

Bloodline: Halfblood

Parents: 
NPCs
Zhang Xiafeng (MLE Translator, Hong Kong Division)
Kenneth Hargrave (MLE Patrol, Hong Kong Division)

Residence:
Hong Kong, occasionally in the UK during holidays

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)? Hogwarts for the next term

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Ianne Richards

Biography: (100 words minimum.)

Minhui always enjoyed their holidays in the UK. Hong Kong at this time of the year was just disgustingly humid.

Granted, the portkey-after-portkey traveling wasn’t something she looked forward to, but once they got to their guesthouse she could finally relax and forget about whatever drama she left back at Méiguī. There was always something, a Gweilo was always up to no good. Apparently. It didn't matter that her mother was Chinese, or that she spoke the language as well as anybody in that damned school. Sometimes she wondered why her mother even bothered to fight for her to have a place there.

Right. Legacy.

Another year and she’d be shipped off to another school, to fulfill another legacy. This time her father’s. Inasmuch as she loves growing up between two completely different cultures - it just felt so special, just knowing how things are the same, or different, between them, and navigating those nuances effortlessly - it also meant that she never really felt that she belonged in either of them.

But this was a thought for another day. Or year, even better. There was no point wasting her precious summer wallowing over something so far off.

Now it was time for ice cream.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:

What she loved most about summer was that she was allowed to have an ice pop every day. And Min took advantage of it, always keeping track if she’d already had her daily ice pop quota, and anticipating the one for the next day. At this point she’d probably tried almost all of the flavors available at the shop, although she loved the melon ones the most.

Her mother and father had left her on the bench, as she refused to walk with them around the park. They were just going to be weird with the hand-holding and kissing and stuff. They were always more affectionate in the UK compared to back home, so it always jarred her when it happened. “I don’t need to see that, thanks,” she muttered to herself, as she took another bite from her sweet treat.

Facing the field, Min had a great view of all the activity going about around the park. Some people were just laying under the sun with a book, while others were participating in more active games like Quidditch. She never did understand the popularity of the sport, but maybe that was also because it is not given so much attention in her current school.

She was starting to get bored when she caught a curious sight in her periphery. Min tried not to look because that would be impolite, but it was right there that she couldn’t ignore it (nor help the snort that came out when the broom all but ejected the little girl).

What a brat, was her first thought, as the younger girl called her attention.

“I don’t usually play with babies,” she shrugged, trying to sound apologetic at the last minute. She certainly didn’t want a tantrum on her hands, and she’d learned how to show false earnestness very early on in her life. “And I can’t leave, my mum and dad will be coming back for me here.” Min felt bad, but she didn’t want to play with someone who was still on a training broom.

“Where’s your mum and dad anyway, surely you can’t be here alone?”

OTHER
How did you find us? :)

Calypso Ross

(29/06/2019 at 11:17)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Accepted!
cherry lips, crystal skies
i could show you incredible things

stolen kisses, pretty lies
you're the king, baby, i'm your queen

Tags: