Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Oliver Kirwood - Finished Application.  (Read 729 times)

Oliver Kirwood

(15/09/2013 at 08:50)
  • Unemployed
  • C10D6T10S6
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Oliver Kirwood.

Education: 
Hogwarts, Hufflepuff (6th year dropout).

Residence:
Hogsmade.

Occupation:**If you are planning to work at St. Mungo's, please fill out the St. Mungo's application here instead.
Unemployed.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
No.

Requested Magic Levels: (see here on how to do this)
If you want levels above the usual 32 total, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.
  • Charms: .10
  • Divination: .6
  • Transfiguration: .10
  • Summoning: .6

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Type your response here.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Richard Garrison, Ritcher Jr.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)

The red flash of light coming out of the ebony wand made sure that the fierce looking snake couldn't harm Oliver Kirwood. This was not the first threat that Ollie had faced and certainly not the deadliest one. He made his way through the Jungle stopping only when he saw the perfect tree to rest on.

The Ebony tree stood tall with perfect branches to climb on. Experience told him that Ebony trees were always safe, may be it was his wand that drew him closer to them but they had always been safe. Ollie quickly got on top of the tree and lied down on a branch. He had often wondered was it the right choice to leave Hogwarts in his 6th year to go live with his mother as the clouds of war were near.

Right or not, Ollie had left school and since then was on a trip of adventure, happiness, fright and dismay. He did manage to be with his mother for a while, that was until the two worlds were to be sealed. It was then that his mother insisted him on leaving and returning to where he belonged. Once back in the wizard world Ollie didn't feel like settling down and he continued on his trip. Exploring amazing places, facing dangerous foes, meeting new people and most important of all learning things that he would have never learnt at school. With the tension of the war increasing and the ministry recruiting young and able wizards for the war Oliver had to be careful, he believed the war wasn't necessary at all and wanted to stay away from it.

The sudden bright light woke Ollie up and he almost fell down the branch. It was morning and Ollie had fallen asleep contemplating life the night before. He could clearly see the village of Hogsmade in front of him, not sure if it was the right time to enter, he decided to take the risk and got down the tree and began walking towards Hogsmeade, taking the road not taken.

Roleplay: (If you are requesting Exceptional levels - above 32 total - please respond to the roleplay and questions here instead)

Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
It was late. Oliver had been enjoying his last beer at the bar, talking to a bunch of other ‘late nighters’. Oliver felt a someone tug at his robes, he ignored and continued drinking. And again, someone was pulling at his robes determined to rip them apart. Oliver turned around and saw – saw nothing. There was no one there. Just as he was about to turn back he heard a squeaky little voice.

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home." The voice paused.

Oliver tilted his head and shifted his gaze a little lower - his beer still in his hand - and saw a tiny girl in a cloak looking up at him. He blinked trying to clear his head. She had something furry in her hands. Furry, small and custard colored. A careful examination revealed the true identity of the furry creature. It was a puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein.

The little girl’s squeaky voice came to life again, "He misses my and his mommy."

The girl lifted the little fur ball as high as she could. He doesn’t look scared at all, Oliver thought. If anything he looked like the happiest soul alive on the planet.

Oliver assessed his condition, was he too drunk to help the little girl? He slapped his glass on the table and walked around a bit, constantly looking at the girl from the corner of his eyes. He could walk perfectly fine. Oliver threw a Galleon on the table next to his half-finished beer and grabbed his coat. “Let’s go Dianne. We need to get Sambundeakin the puffskein home to your mommy don’t we.” He smiled, and opened the door motioning the girl to proceed and he followed her.

OTHER
How did you find us? Google

« Last Edit: 20/09/2013 at 07:31 by Oliver Kirwood »

Jane Montclaire

(22/09/2013 at 23:31)
  • Beauxbatons '40
  • C7D6T6S12
    • View Profile
Accepted!

Tags: