We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Theodora [Teddy] Wyndham  (Read 901 times)

Teddy Wyndham

(06/05/2016 at 13:59)
  • Private Investigator
  • C8D12T6S6
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Theodora Alice "Teddy" Wyndham
Blood Status:Muggleborn

Education:Gryffindor 44'

Residence:Croydon (London, England)

Occupation
Private Investigator (Freelance; specializes in missing persons)

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
N/A

Requested Magic Levels:
Adult characters have 32 starting levels to distribute across these four categories (less levels can be used if you so desire, but no more than 32). The number of levels on the lowest ability must be at least half of the highest ability.

If you want levels above the usual 32 total, or a significantly uneven distribution of starting levels, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.

• Charms: 8
  • Divination: 12
  • Transfiguration: 6
  • Summoning: 6
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
N/A

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Adelaide Devillier.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)

Theodora A. Wyndham
371 Cavendish Lane
Barnet
EN4OAD

Alfred J. Guinness
54 Adlington Street
Richmond upon Thames
SW16

17 July 1939

Alfie,

The time warp theory is true. It must be. It's the only theory thus far that makes a lick of sense.  I destinctly distinctly remember the house I grew up in. Brick and large and very elegant. It was actually very close to the orphanage. But it disappeared! It did! I remember my parents and sisters- I had six of them, you know. I was the youngest. I can almost remember all of their names. Louise and Lucy and Margaret and Susan- almost all of them, but I know for a fact that there were two more. I don't have any evidence but I'm absolutely certain.

I had a family, Alfie. I belonged somewhere. My parents named me Theodora because they had really admired that American president. I remember my mother telling me such. She looked like me, Alfie! Rather, I look like her. My father had always wanted a son and was disappointed that he'd received seven girls instead. My older sister Susan used to chastise him for not appreciating us. I know you say I'm crazy and perhaps a while back I would have agreed with you but I have remembered so much that I know I mustn't be.

Deep down, you know it must be true. You have to. There are wizards all over the world claiming to have been affected. Muggleborns just like myself! It was an international phenomenon. It happened all at once. Surely there's something that you can't remember all that well. Something that you know happened but have no proof of. You have to believe me. You're my dearest friend (and so much more) Alfie, and if I can't rely on you, then who?

Please write back soon.

Yours,
Teddy ❦

P.S. I am super excited to see you again! Little more than a month and a half to go!

-

Theodora A. Wyndham
371 Cavendish Lane
Barnet
EN4OAD

Cybil Moreau
837 Drury Street
Lambeth
SE1 7EA

29 August 1943

Dear Miss Moreau,

You have no idea how entirely refreshing it is to hear from another victim/believer. In spite of overwhelming proof it is remarkably hard to come by someone who is willing to listen and believe with an open mind (and an open heart). After reading your letter I am only more certain than I was already. I believe that if victims like you and I - that is to say, muggleborns - unite on this, we can face the ministry together and demand answers. Maybe even successfully.

In my spare time during my semesters at Hogwarts I've composed a list of incidents that all point towards the time warp theory as a cause. Perhaps you and I can reach out to the individuals involved and assemble some sort of group. We need to fight this with everything we've got if we ever want answers.

I know it isn't probable that we'll ever see our families again, and it's sad but it is the likely truth. Even if we don't, at the very least I like to think we can bring them justice.

I'll be in touch soon.

Sincerely,
Theodora A. Wyndham

-

Theodora A. Wyndham
9 Garden Street
Croydon
CR0 0AJ

Rhys Peterson
71 Terrace Avenue
Sutton
SM7

9 November 1946

Dear Mr. Peterson,

If it's an investigator you're looking for, I'm happy to say you've come to the right person. I would be delighted to aid you in your personal quest. If you could mail me with follow up information regarding any memories (any at all) you've managed to retain, I will get started on trying to find your missing sister.

I promise you, I will find her. And if she can't be found, I'll deliver you closure and answers. There is no one better suited than I for this task- I've been searching for people all my life.

I look forward to hearing from you. (And to solving this case.)

Sincerely,
Theodora A. Wyndham.

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:

Option Two -
The snow had been falling steadily all morning and it didn't look like it was going to stop any time soon. Joshua Campbell scrunched his face up in a frown as he lifted his gaze to look to the sky. Snow. It really was quite a bother.

And it certainly didn't make it better that Diagon Alley seemed to be getting more and more crowded. Joshua sighed and pointed his wand at the large box that was currently placed on the doorstep of his shop. He had to get going. He had an order to deliver.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" The elderly man muttered and watched the box hover in the air for a moment. Honestly, did St. Mungo's really need that much tinsel? And with glitter of all things? He sighed again. If it hadn't been for the rather convincing stamp on the order, he would have been likely to believe it had been a prank by one of those orphaned rascals living up there. 

Oh well, there was no point in waiting. Joshua deftly stirred the box down the doorstep and out onto the street, carefully levitating it above the heads of the crowd.

"Coming through! Coming through!" His voice sounded over the chatter of the crowd. "Keep out! Move ahead! Go on!" This was going way too slow. People were in the way and walking like they had all day! He huffed. Luckily the road was down hill.

"Coming through! Coming th--- arrrgh!" Joshua let out a loud shout as his feet suddenly slipped in the snow and sent him, the box, and several long strands of tinsel tumbling into the person who had been walking in front of him.

"For Merlin's sake!" Joshua muttered angrily as he hurried to his feet again, red and gold tinsel now decorating his black coat. "I am so sorry! This blasted snow!" He looked apologetic at the person he had crashed into.

Roleplay Response:

Diagon Alley.

Teddy couldn't remember her first time in the crowded marketplace. Presumably it was to purchase the wand she still currently owned. Presumably she'd gone with somebody- somebody that had taken her there. Her memories were a haze and a mystery to her. Little pieces here and there with gaping blanks in between. It was a nuisance really, not being able to remember little things. But it was a travesty when you couldn't remember milestones in your life. Especially when you were certain that they'd happened.

She should have been paying attention to where she was walking. Sure, she had no real destination in mind. She just enjoyed the journey of wandering aimlessly amongst other magical beings. Sometimes she needed to get away from the muggle life she led back home in Croydon. And Diagon Alley, under the backdrop of the soft white snow and ethereal winter, was the perfect place to do so.

Though had she just been paying attention it would have saved her an awful ache. There was a collision, the yelping of a man in Merlin's name, and she clashed onto the ground butt-first, tinsel strewn all over her pretty blonde hair.

"I am so sorry! This blasted snow!

Plucking the tinsel from her hair and rising clumsily to her feet, she dusted snow off of her knees and backside before waving her hand dismissively to the elder gentleman. "It's alright, sir. I'm sorry about your tinsel."

OTHER
How did you find us? Google | TopSites | Recommendation | Facebook | Tumblr | Other

Aries Paladin

(07/05/2016 at 14:13)
  • Undesirable No. 2, Resistance Leader, Hit Wizard, Colonel of 42nd, Former General's Aide
  • C26D14T22S20
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Superlative Winner - Most Charming
    • View Profile
Hey Theodora! Your application is simply lovely—I love how much thought you've put into Teddy's background and the form of her biography—but there's just one tiny thing I'd like to ask you to change before we can accept the application. It seems there's a bit of a mistake in your graduating year. Since it's 1947 now and Teddy's 24, graduating in 1944 would've meant that she was about 21, not 17/8. If you could just tweak that and repost your application below for clarity, that would be super! :)

Thank you. <3
VIVAT REX IN HOMINE
WATCH THE THRONE, DON'T STEP ON THE ROBE

Teddy Wyndham

(08/05/2016 at 05:59)
  • Private Investigator
  • C8D12T6S6
    • View Profile
Thank you, and whoops! Fixed it. <3

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Theodora Alice "Teddy" Wyndham
Blood Status:Muggleborn

Education:Gryffindor 41'

Residence:Croydon (London, England)

Occupation
Private Investigator (Freelance; specializes in missing persons)

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
N/A

Requested Magic Levels:
Adult characters have 32 starting levels to distribute across these four categories (less levels can be used if you so desire, but no more than 32). The number of levels on the lowest ability must be at least half of the highest ability.

If you want levels above the usual 32 total, or a significantly uneven distribution of starting levels, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.

• Charms: 8
  • Divination: 12
  • Transfiguration: 6
  • Summoning: 6
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
N/A

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Adelaide Devillier.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Theodora A. Wyndham
371 Cavendish Lane
Barnet
EN4OAD

Alfred J. Guinness
54 Adlington Street
Richmond upon Thames
SW16

17 July 1939

Alfie,

The time warp theory is true. It must be. It's the only theory thus far that makes a lick of sense.  I destinctly distinctly remember the house I grew up in. Brick and large and very elegant. It was actually very close to the orphanage. But it disappeared! It did! I remember my parents and sisters- I had six of them, you know. I was the youngest. I can almost remember all of their names. Louise and Lucy and Margaret and Susan- almost all of them, but I know for a fact that there were two more. I don't have any evidence but I'm absolutely certain.

I had a family, Alfie. I belonged somewhere. My parents named me Theodora because they had really admired that American president. I remember my mother telling me such. She looked like me, Alfie! Rather, I look like her. My father had always wanted a son and was disappointed that he'd received seven girls instead. My older sister Susan used to chastise him for not appreciating us. I know you say I'm crazy and perhaps a while back I would have agreed with you but I have remembered so much that I know I mustn't be.

Deep down, you know it must be true. You have to. There are wizards all over the world claiming to have been affected. Muggleborns just like myself! It was an international phenomenon. It happened all at once. Surely there's something that you can't remember all that well. Something that you know happened but have no proof of. You have to believe me. You're my dearest friend (and so much more) Alfie, and if I can't rely on you, then who?

Please write back soon.

Yours,
Teddy ❦

P.S. I am super excited to see you again! Little more than a month and a half to go!

-

Theodora A. Wyndham
371 Cavendish Lane
Barnet
EN4OAD

Cybil Moreau
837 Drury Street
Lambeth
SE1 7EA

29 August 1943

Dear Miss Moreau,

You have no idea how entirely refreshing it is to hear from another victim/believer. In spite of overwhelming proof it is remarkably hard to come by someone who is willing to listen and believe with an open mind (and an open heart). After reading your letter I am only more certain than I was already. I believe that if victims like you and I - that is to say, muggleborns - unite on this, we can face the ministry together and demand answers. Maybe even successfully.

In my spare time during my semesters at Hogwarts I've composed a list of incidents that all point towards the time warp theory as a cause. Perhaps you and I can reach out to the individuals involved and assemble some sort of group. We need to fight this with everything we've got if we ever want answers.

I know it isn't probable that we'll ever see our families again, and it's sad but it is the likely truth. Even if we don't, at the very least I like to think we can bring them justice.

I'll be in touch soon.

Sincerely,
Theodora A. Wyndham

-

Theodora A. Wyndham
9 Garden Street
Croydon
CR0 0AJ

Rhys Peterson
71 Terrace Avenue
Sutton
SM7

9 November 1946

Dear Mr. Peterson,

If it's an investigator you're looking for, I'm happy to say you've come to the right person. I would be delighted to aid you in your personal quest. If you could mail me with follow up information regarding any memories (any at all) you've managed to retain, I will get started on trying to find your missing sister.

I promise you, I will find her. And if she can't be found, I'll deliver you closure and answers. There is no one better suited than I for this task- I've been searching for people all my life.

I look forward to hearing from you. (And to solving this case.)

Sincerely,
Theodora A. Wyndham.

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:

Option Two -
The snow had been falling steadily all morning and it didn't look like it was going to stop any time soon. Joshua Campbell scrunched his face up in a frown as he lifted his gaze to look to the sky. Snow. It really was quite a bother.

And it certainly didn't make it better that Diagon Alley seemed to be getting more and more crowded. Joshua sighed and pointed his wand at the large box that was currently placed on the doorstep of his shop. He had to get going. He had an order to deliver.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" The elderly man muttered and watched the box hover in the air for a moment. Honestly, did St. Mungo's really need that much tinsel? And with glitter of all things? He sighed again. If it hadn't been for the rather convincing stamp on the order, he would have been likely to believe it had been a prank by one of those orphaned rascals living up there. 

Oh well, there was no point in waiting. Joshua deftly stirred the box down the doorstep and out onto the street, carefully levitating it above the heads of the crowd.

"Coming through! Coming through!" His voice sounded over the chatter of the crowd. "Keep out! Move ahead! Go on!" This was going way too slow. People were in the way and walking like they had all day! He huffed. Luckily the road was down hill.

"Coming through! Coming th--- arrrgh!" Joshua let out a loud shout as his feet suddenly slipped in the snow and sent him, the box, and several long strands of tinsel tumbling into the person who had been walking in front of him.

"For Merlin's sake!" Joshua muttered angrily as he hurried to his feet again, red and gold tinsel now decorating his black coat. "I am so sorry! This blasted snow!" He looked apologetic at the person he had crashed into.

Roleplay Response:

Diagon Alley.

Teddy couldn't remember her first time in the crowded marketplace. Presumably it was to purchase the wand she still currently owned. Presumably she'd gone with somebody- somebody that had taken her there. Her memories were a haze and a mystery to her. Little pieces here and there with gaping blanks in between. It was a nuisance really, not being able to remember little things. But it was a travesty when you couldn't remember milestones in your life. Especially when you were certain that they'd happened.

She should have been paying attention to where she was walking. Sure, she had no real destination in mind. She just enjoyed the journey of wandering aimlessly amongst other magical beings. Sometimes she needed to get away from the muggle life she led back home in Croydon. And Diagon Alley, under the backdrop of the soft white snow and ethereal winter, was the perfect place to do so.

Though had she just been paying attention it would have saved her an awful ache. There was a collision, the yelping of a man in Merlin's name, and she clashed onto the ground butt-first, tinsel strewn all over her pretty blonde hair.

"I am so sorry! This blasted snow!

Plucking the tinsel from her hair and rising clumsily to her feet, she dusted snow off of her knees and backside before waving her hand dismissively to the elder gentleman. "It's alright, sir. I'm sorry about your tinsel."

OTHER
How did you find us? Google | TopSites | Recommendation | Facebook | Tumblr | Other

* Martin Hawksworth

(11/05/2016 at 00:11)
  • Auror
  • C24D25T22S16
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Accepted!
...loneliness makes the loudest noise...

Tags: