Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Elliot Alexander James  (Read 975 times)

Elliot James

(01/12/2011 at 19:34)
  • 1st Year
  • C2D0T1S1
    • View Profile

THE BASICS
Name: Elliot Alexander James. He goes by the nicknames Lio and Ellie interchangeably.

CHARACTER DETAILS
House Request: Ravenclaw. Considering Elliot's artsy and individual nature, and his high creative intelligence, it seems the best fit for him. Though he is friendly and loyal, he isn't exceptionally hardworking, as a Hufflepuff; nor is he exceptionally brave, as a Gryffindor. He does have many dreams and ambitions, but his free-spirited character would make him highly incompatible with the sometimes closed-minded and elitist Slytherins.

Year: First Year

Bloodline: Halfblood

Magical Strength: Charms
Magical Weakness: Divination

Biography: Elliot was born to a wizard father, Stephen James, and a muggle mother, Amelia James. Though he was born in Ireland, his family moved to England when he was very young. His upper middle class family lives in southwest Essex county, where he also has an identical twin brother, Emerson, who is not magically gifted. Before attending Hogwarts, Elliot attended a local muggle school with his brother, where he excelled in the arts.

Ellie has a good relationship with his family, especially Emerson, and they exchange letters frequently. His parents do worry that Em might become bitter towards his brother out of jealousy, since they had always been afforded the same privileges before Elliot got his Hogwarts letter; however, so far he seems glad to have the chance to present himself as an individual, especially since he and his brother are so different in personality.

His father tutored him in the bare basics of magic and Ellie has already shown an affinity for charms.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Personality: The first word that springs to mind to describe Elliot is “quirky”. He is somewhat unorthodox, and he relishes it; his attitude could be called dramatic or even flamboyant. He is artsy, and spends much of his time drawing, being very much a creative type.

Some are turned off by his seemingly narcissistic manner, but he is actually quite compassionate. Ellie makes friends easily, and he's exceptionally understanding. Although he is highly intelligent and aware of things around him, he often prefers to spend his class time doodling and daydreaming, so his grades aren't always the best; he doesn't let it worry him too much, though. He's relaxed, individualistic, and easygoing.

His comparably effeminate behavior can make it hard for him to get along with some of the boys, and many of his friends are girls. He keeps only a few trusted male companions, most of whom call him Lio.

Appearance: Ellie is lean and narrow-shouldered, with rosy, well-defined cheekbones and a button nose. He is a bit shorter than other boys his age, and tends to appear thinner as well. His features are youthful, having wide eyes and full lips, and in combination with his petite stature make him seem younger than he is. He naturally has wavy red hair and silver-flecked gray eyes, although he enjoys using simple charms to temporarily change his hair and eye color.

It is worth noting that Ellie loves to stay on top of the current trends in fashion, and when not in uniform his clothes tend to stand out – for better or worse.

SAMPLE ROLEPLAY

Elliot was nearly skipping down the hall, his prized dragon-hide notebook held firmly in his hands as he made his return trip from an afternoon sketching the Whomping Willow. Er, from a safe distance, of course. He casually loosened his scarf with one hand as he walked.

He hadn't eaten since breakfast, and before he knew it his feet were carrying him off in the direction of the Dining Hall. Then –

"WHAT! Haven't you ever seen a loser before? Why don't you just take a picture!"

Ellie might have jumped about ten feet in the air. His notebook fell clattering to the floor beside him.

“Uhhh...” he stammered for a moment, searching for a knee-jerk response. “I – uh, I'm sorry?” The boy blinked. It took him a minute to really take in James, his pewter eyes focusing on his teary-eyed peer. Must be about quidditch, he figured. Until now he'd all but forgotten about the quidditch game, himself.

“Hey, are you alright?” Elliot finally asked, retrieving his notebook and straightening himself up. "You seem pretty down."

Optional: I found this site as the result of a web search (and by that I mean personally scouring the internet). It was the nicest site I came across.

* Anneka Ivanova

(01/12/2011 at 20:05)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Mr. James,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins 01 January. Currently, students have gathered at the Summer Campus for the holiday. You may also wish to visit the Elsewhere board to purchase your school supplies. Both the Summer and Elsewhere boards may be accessed via the Floo Network. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Sincerely,

Anneka Ivanova
Slytherin House Head
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: