Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Irma Scrivner  (Read 691 times)

Irma Wolffe

(01/08/2014 at 00:45)
  • Hufflepuff '49
  • C16D9T16S12
  • ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

? CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Irma Lycoris Scrivner

Birthday: July 31, 1931

Hometown: Fingringhoe, Essex.

Bloodline: Halfblood.  Maternal great-grandmother was muggleborn.

Magical Strength: Transfiguration.

Magical Weakness: Conjuring & Summoning.

Year: One, two.

Biography:
As far as Irma is concerned- and little will convince her otherwise- she was born in 1931.  She was simply too young to recall her experiences before the Time Warp; the transition was virtually painless for her family, anyway.
Her mother (Anise Barleycorn-Scrivner) is a famous wizard-pulp fiction author and occasional contributor to wizarding media, while her father (Marlestowe Scrivner) is the chief publicist of the Puddlemere United Quidditch team.  If she wants anything relating to the team (or anything else, really) all she needs to do is get ahold of her 'doddy' (father).
Irma is an only child, mildly spoiled (like a fine mottled cheese)- and a little disconcerted by the 'H' she is forced to wear- her family acts Pureblood and Proud.  She has a strong rustic accent despite her wizarding heritage.  Her only friends were the children of Puddlemere United athletes, which were few, far between, and always temporary.  She grew up in her ancestral home 'Colne Flats', located in the salt marshes between North and South Geedon, two creeks south of the township proper.

? ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Prefer 'not Ravenclaw' (for a new experience).

Personality: Clumsy (both socially and physically); overreacts easily; independent; ashamed of her Halfblood status.  Fiercely loyal to friends, but just fierce to those who cross her.

Appearance: Irma looks young for her age, with reddish cheeks on an otherwise pale face.  Her piercing grey-blue eyes, if you are unfortunate enough to get locked into them, seem to grab your attention (and your will).  She has a mole over on her left cheek that she might someday grow into, provided it doesn't grow with her.  Her hair is a medium length mousy blonde, hardly worth mentioning.  Her clothes always look pressed and clean, as if dirt is afraid to touch her.

? SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.
Option 1
She'd been stalking him, of course.  She'd watched him intently as he slouched off the field.  She was waiting just out of sight when he bypassed the locker room, much to her surprise.  There had been a fearful moment, just outside of the Main Hall, that she was sure he'd seen her.  Now she sat at the opposite end of the table, stealing glances at this wonderful boy.
Yes, she was stalking him, but for good reason.  He had talent. He was young.  He was cute.
He was pureblood.
He stood suddenly and made a beeline for the door.  Irma found herself standing in unison, mimicking his motions down to the angry stomp.  That it was unladylike didn't register.  That a casual observer would say she was obsessing didn't matter.  Only the boy mattered.  She stomped out into the hallway.

Big mistake.

"WHAT! Haven't you ever seen a loser before? Why don't you just take a picture!" he shouted from down the hall, obviously tipped off from her noisy shoes.  She took two steps closer before she saw that he was crying.
Disgusted suddenly, she replied, "Do shut it, loooser," the last word drawn out to the edge of ridiculousness as she stepped slowly closer, "An' do lissen', wot might be your only fan.  Yah, you fouled up a lousy foul shot- I've seen better'n you wot nevver recover from that kinda' bonie!  Dirty playin' on their part!"
Emboldened, she took another step forward, "An' yer wot, a seccun' year?  Playin' in the Quidditch final?  You got five whole years to get even!  I saw you on the field- you were wunnerful, when you wern't bein' a loser baby."
Now standing next to him, not giving him a chance to object or get away, "We'll get even, an' we'll start wif' that lousy beater wot fouled you to begin wif'."

? ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable): Newton Yune MacDonald, Heather Ailsa MacDonald, Amos Feinbary, Reginald Lark (all from prior to 2008)

How did you find us?: A half-hour of hunting for the old boards, which led me here.

« Last Edit: 01/08/2014 at 00:48 by Irma Lycoris Scrivner »

* Anneka Ivanova

(02/08/2014 at 03:56)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile

Miss Scrivner,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins 01 September 2014. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Sincerely,

Hogwarts Headmistress
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: