We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Sean Duke Wayne Ellwood-Luxe [applications]  (Read 1031 times)

Demetri Draginoff

(29/02/2012 at 11:59)
  • Azkaban Inmate
  • C9 D6 T8 S6
    • View Profile
CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Sean Duke Wayne Ellwood-Luxe

Education: 
Muggle School in Texas, USA

Residence:
Small Town in Rural Texas, Residence of Claudius Ellwood-Luxe

Cowboy

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (example St Mungo's, the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
No.

Requested Magic Levels: None.

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Demetri Draginoff, Gau Draginoff, Elena Draginoff,[NPC Draginoffs]

Special Phrase: Tibble's beard of power

My boys,

I recently received word that you got a letter offering you admission at a school by the name of Bayou Annunciation next year.  To say your father was surprised when he contacted me with this great news.  He also requested my advice in the situation, and I informed him the school could not even hold a candle to Hogwarts. As while Bayou Annunciation may seem to you like the biggest adventure in your life the school has a certain worrisome reputation to an old man like me.  Plus Bayou Annunciation is in a hot swamp, and I remember how you both wrote complaining about visiting the swamp in Florida last summer.

I'd like to propose that you boys both come and join me in England.  I have talked to your father and he feels that you both would benefit not only from getting a education better than your small rancher town can provide.  Hogwarts is one of the best wizarding schools in the world.

I am sure much of this is taking you both by surprise and I want you to understand in the world your father grew up in without magic he was an outcast.  While I disagree with him leaving and completely changing his name I cannot say it was unwise.  I used to think your father a coward for his actions as many others will, though it allowed him to have a happier life than he would have had in this world.  So do not be upset with your father from keeping the fact that I and the rest of your family in England are wizards.  He just wanted to spare you the disappointment he felt when he was your age and found out he would not be one.

I invite you both to come to visit me in my house in Wales England.  I will take care of transportation as we will be traveling by wizarding means.  It will be an adventure, and I'll even show you both Hogwarts so you can make a decision on where you both want to go.

Your father is what is known as a Squib in the wizarding world, as is your mother from what I can find out. However both of your parents come from long lines of Wizards and Witches, this means that you are purebloods. This may not seem important to you now, but it will in the future, for now all you need to know is that you will be taken care of here in the Manor that your father grew up. There will be several parties that you will likely attend before going to Hogwarts, also there is family here for you to meet and greet. Remember to pack warmly, for I fear that Wales is far colder than Texas ever is.

Yours,
   Claudius Ellwood-Luxe

"I don't be thinking that I like the idea of parties, we always have'ta dress up real nice like." Sean wasn't much of the thinker, he left that up to his twin, what he was, was the one that would do what it took to keep his brother happy, their lives hadn't been the best, but Sean did what he could to make his brother smile and laugh.

" Grandpa always wears weird clothes.  Doubt he knows anything 'bout dressing up. "  As the only thing he had any interest in dressing up for was the rodeo at the county fair and hope he would be allowed to compete this year. 

"Ya recon we can take our duds, and other things with us, I bet tha redcoats have mighty big ranches up in their neck of the woods. Speaking of which, what uh we to call them folks anyway, and why did GrandPi decide that we needed his last name?"
Sean was a bit worried about taking on GrandPi's last name, it felt like he was abadoning his Daddy in some way, but GrandPi had been nice to the boys after they had both showed they could do that magical stuff, why just the other day he had been cleaning the barn and one of the bulls had gotten angry, next thing he knew the bull was floating in the air, and mooing like crazy, it had been a sight to see that it had.

"We be taken our stuff. Reckon they'll be introducing themselves all fancy like so we call em what they say. Maybe we be seemin' like a cowboy joke and he ain't used to the name callin"

"Ya mean that ya think that all those people that GrandPi is related too might think we are some kinda joke or something like that? Why would we look like jokes, is it cause they talk funny and we talk normal?"  Sean really wasn't sure why they would look like jokes, he knew how to talk, how to ride a horse, how to ride bulls, and how to do chores, what more could GrandPi's realitives want from them?

" Imagine a bunch of kids like us in a place where cowboys are only seen in John Wayne movies. They'd be like those new kids who moved to town last year. "

"Oh you mean the boys with the blonde hair, yeah all they talk about is missing the ocean and stuff like that. Yeah they really are strange, but you know, Cowboys are real and stuff.  Ya really think that those der people haven' ever seen a real life cowboy?"  Those boys were, nice, though thier sister was kinda of strange, always making eyes at him, like he was some sort of prize or somethin, made him feel like he was one o'those award winnin show dogs or something, and she wanted to take him home.

Then he added in a whisper " Reckon it might have something to do with the squib thing? " 

"I don't recon i understand what all the fuss is about, Daddy is a good Daddy, and it doesn't matter that he can't do no magic does it?" Sean knew that for some reason, GrandPi thought it was very imortant to do magic, like so important that anyone that couldn't was less of a person. Sean wasn't sure he was right, but he was his Grand Father, and really old, so he had to know right from wrong, right?

Nate nodded when Sean started describing the odd boys. Nate said " Reckon we going to be in there position? Maybe that why grandpaw wants us to visit. " Then he paused slightly before adding " For nothing it keeps coming up. They be tip-toein' around it. Your right, don't matter to us doggone it. Can't say we'd even be needing magic."

"Now I don't be knowing about all of that, ya not preachin to the right group there. I think it be mighty handy to have one of those wand things, and use it to make animals better, and perhaps ya know make some bull not be so mean like. Sure as the sun does shine we don't be needin magic, but it could be helpful like."

Nate said quickly in a slightly defensive manner " I'll be gettin that bull at the fair I tell you. I ain't be needin no stick to calm it any. " remembering how he had fallen rather quickly last time. Then he said in a more calm voice " Your right about it likely being helpful like. "

"Whoa now, ya don't gotta be like that, I KNOW that the bull was tough, hell that was ta reason that i didn't get'on him. That thing just looked at me funny and gave me the heeby-jeebies, so what do ya think this schoolin is going to be like, and do you think that GrandPi has something to do with the choice at hogfarts, cause I don't really know if i be liken the idea of being there all year round basically." The thoguht of being away for so long and not seeing his Mommy was kinda of strange for him, yeah he and Nate had done sleepovers and stuff, but secretly he had always ended up sleeping in Nates sleeping bag too, cuase he felt lost and lonely, Sean really was a Momma's boy, and he knew it, but if this could somehow make his momma proud well then, he would just have to do it.

Nate said " Daddy certainly didn't choose a school on the other side of the world. "  Then he actually thought for a second about being trapped in a school halfway across the world.  A few seconds later Nate yelled " I'm not goin to no Hogfarts. " hoping that his parents would hear him.  Then quieted down and continued " Daddy be needin help on the farm.  Reckon without us the cows won't be milkin themselves. "

"Naw they will get milked, it might just be harder on Daddy, say Nate, did you catch how the baseball team did yesterday, I plum forgot about it when I was visiting with Sammy"

Naturally the conversation continued.  Naturally Claudius Ellwood-Luxe got what he wanted.  Naturally not only were they going to Hogwarts, but also being introduced to the wizarding world first.  Naturally they would be going on the biggest adventure a boy of his age could go on.  Unnaturally they would become wizards. 

Note:  All words in italics said by Nathaiel Ellwood-Luxe.  Applications are coordinated as far as the conversation goes so permission was granted both ways.

Demetri Draginoff

(29/02/2012 at 11:59)
  • Azkaban Inmate
  • C9 D6 T8 S6
    • View Profile

[/center]

THE BASICS
Name: Sean Duke Wayne Ellwood-Lux

Former Character's Name (if you had one): Demetri Draginoff, Pheadra Draginoff, Gau Draginoff, Elena Draginoff

CHARACTER DETAILS
House Request:
Which ever house my brother gets in, will talk with Eliza/paris/twin about that will up date

Year:  1st

Bloodline:Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one): Transfiguration

Magical Weakness (pick one):Conjuring & Summoning[/i]

Biography:
My boys,

I recently received word that you got a letter offering you admission at a school by the name of Bayou Annunciation next year.  To say your father was surprised when he contacted me with this great news.  He also requested my advice in the situation, and I informed him the school could not even hold a candle to Hogwarts. As while Bayou Annunciation may seem to you like the biggest adventure in your life the school has a certain worrisome reputation to an old man like me.  Plus Bayou Annunciation is in a hot swamp, and I remember how you both wrote complaining about visiting the swamp in Florida last summer.

I'd like to propose that you boys both come and join me in England.  I have talked to your father and he feels that you both would benefit not only from getting a education better than your small rancher town can provide.  Hogwarts is one of the best wizarding schools in the world.

I am sure much of this is taking you both by surprise and I want you to understand in the world your father grew up in without magic he was an outcast.  While I disagree with him leaving and completely changing his name I cannot say it was unwise.  I used to think your father a coward for his actions as many others will, though it allowed him to have a happier life than he would have had in this world.  So do not be upset with your father from keeping the fact that I and the rest of your family in England are wizards.  He just wanted to spare you the disappointment he felt when he was your age and found out he would not be one.

I invite you both to come to visit me in my house in Wales England.  I will take care of transportation as we will be traveling by wizarding means.  It will be an adventure, and I'll even show you both Hogwarts so you can make a decision on where you both want to go.

Your father is what is known as a Squib in the wizarding world, as is your mother from what I can find out. However both of your parents come from long lines of Wizards and Witches, this means that you are purebloods. This may not seem important to you now, but it will in the future, for now all you need to know is that you will be taken care of here in the Manor that your father grew up. There will be several parties that you will likely attend before going to Hogwarts, also there is family here for you to meet and greet. Remember to pack warmly, for I fear that Wales is far colder than Texas ever is.

Yours,
   Claudius Ellwood-Luxe

"I don't be thinking that I like the idea of parties, we always have'ta dress up real nice like." Sean wasn't much of the thinker, he left that up to his twin, what he was, was the one that would do what it took to keep his brother happy, their lives hadn't been the best, but Sean did what he could to make his brother smile and laugh.

" Grandpa always wears weird clothes.  Doubt he knows anything 'bout dressing up. "  As the only thing he had any interest in dressing up for was the rodeo at the county fair and hope he would be allowed to compete this year. 

"Ya recon we can take our duds, and other things with us, I bet tha redcoats have mighty big ranches up in their neck of the woods. Speaking of which, what uh we to call them folks anyway, and why did GrandPi decide that we needed his last name?"
Sean was a bit worried about taking on GrandPi's last name, it felt like he was abadoning his Daddy in some way, but GrandPi had been nice to the boys after they had both showed they could do that magical stuff, why just the other day he had been cleaning the barn and one of the bulls had gotten angry, next thing he knew the bull was floating in the air, and mooing like crazy, it had been a sight to see that it had.

"We be taken our stuff. Reckon they'll be introducing themselves all fancy like so we call em what they say. Maybe we be seemin' like a cowboy joke and he ain't used to the name callin"

"Ya mean that ya think that all those people that GrandPi is related too might think we are some kinda joke or something like that? Why would we look like jokes, is it cause they talk funny and we talk normal?"  Sean really wasn't sure why they would look like jokes, he knew how to talk, how to ride a horse, how to ride bulls, and how to do chores, what more could GrandPi's realitives want from them?

" Imagine a bunch of kids like us in a place where cowboys are only seen in John Wayne movies. They'd be like those new kids who moved to town last year. "

"Oh you mean the boys with the blonde hair, yeah all they talk about is missing the ocean and stuff like that. Yeah they really are strange, but you know, Cowboys are real and stuff.  Ya really think that those der people haven' ever seen a real life cowboy?"  Those boys were, nice, though thier sister was kinda of strange, always making eyes at him, like he was some sort of prize or somethin, made him feel like he was one o'those award winnin show dogs or something, and she wanted to take him home.

Then he added in a whisper " Reckon it might have something to do with the squib thing?

"I don't recon i understand what all the fuss is about, Daddy is a good Daddy, and it doesn't matter that he can't do no magic does it?" Sean knew that for some reason, GrandPi thought it was very imortant to do magic, like so important that anyone that couldn't was less of a person. Sean wasn't sure he was right, but he was his Grand Father, and really old, so he had to know right from wrong, right?

Nate nodded when Sean started describing the odd boys. Nate said " Reckon we going to be in there position? Maybe that why grandpaw wants us to visit. " Then he paused slightly before adding " For nothing it keeps coming up. They be tip-toein' around it. Your right, don't matter to us doggone it. Can't say we'd even be needing magic."

"Now I don't be knowing about all of that, ya not preachin to the right group there. I think it be mighty handy to have one of those wand things, and use it to make animals better, and perhaps ya know make some bull not be so mean like. Sure as the sun does shine we don't be needin magic, but it could be helpful like."

Nate said quickly in a slightly defensive manner " I'll be gettin that bull at the fair I tell you. I ain't be needin no stick to calm it any. " remembering how he had fallen rather quickly last time. Then he said in a more calm voice " Your right about it likely being helpful like. "

"Whoa now, ya don't gotta be like that, I KNOW that the bull was tough, hell that was ta reason that i didn't get'on him. That thing just looked at me funny and gave me the heeby-jeebies, so what do ya think this schoolin is going to be like, and do you think that GrandPi has something to do with the choice at hogfarts, cause I don't really know if i be liken the idea of being there all year round basically." The thoguht of being away for so long and not seeing his Mommy was kinda of strange for him, yeah he and Nate had done sleepovers and stuff, but secretly he had always ended up sleeping in Nates sleeping bag too, cuase he felt lost and lonely, Sean really was a Momma's boy, and he knew it, but if this could somehow make his momma proud well then, he would just have to do it.

Nate said " Daddy certainly didn't choose a school on the other side of the world. "  Then he actually thought for a second about being trapped in a school halfway across the world.  A few seconds later Nate yelled " I'm not goin to no Hogfarts. " hoping that his parents would hear him.  Then quieted down and continued " Daddy be needin help on the farm.  Reckon without us the cows won't be milkin themselves. "

"Naw they will get milked, it might just be harder on Daddy, say Nate, did you catch how the baseball team did yesterday, I plum forgot about it when I was visiting with Sammy"

Naturally the conversation continued.  Naturally Claudius Ellwood-Luxe got what he wanted.  Naturally not only were they going to Hogwarts, but also being introduced to the wizarding world first.  Naturally they would be going on the biggest adventure a boy of his age could go on.  Unnaturally they would become wizards. 

Note:  All words in italics said by Nathaiel Ellwood-Luxe.  Applications are coordinated as far as the conversation goes so permission was granted both ways.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Sean prefers to be called Duke, only his twin can call him Wayne or Sean, a rather robust young man, who is from Texas, [they grow them big in texas] He loves the outdoors, as well as animals, and has a pet toad that sings, Sean thinks that the frog is a hoot, and is trying to teach him various frank sanatra songs, and other rat pack songs,

Personality: as a southern boy he is courtious to women, though if guys get in his face hes going to puff up and likely to say something southern like, 'You feeling froggy boy, then you had best jump', Sean seems like a brave lad, but without his brother around he feels lost in ways that he can't speak, its like part of him is missing, and he becomes morose and easily agitated, 

Appearance:
Briefly describe your character's appearance (hair color, build, stature, etc.) What effect does it have on their personality? For example, does the shy Ravenclaw girl secretly dye her hair black because she hates her natural blonde? Does the curly-haired Gryffindor use charms to hide his freckles?

SAMPLE ROLEPLAY
You come across one of these three posts on the site. Please reply to one only as your character would.
*** Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions, not James' or Astrid's.

Option II:

“Oh, come now!"

Astrid Bixby’s voice carried down the corridor, the tall blonde girl not far behind. Her interviewee – or victim, depending on perspective – turned a corner and she frowned. They were always soelusive when she needed them. Sure, they would talk as if there was no tomorrow during class, but once she actually needed them to say something, they were nowhere to be found. Gryffindors.

Flustered, Astrid stopped in the middle of the corridor and stared, her parchment hanging limply from her hand. She was a good reporter, really, and she always did her best to make sure that everything she wrote was accurate. She glanced down to the quill, eyeing it with disdain. It wasn’t her fault if her quill misquoted. How was she supposed to know? It made for interesting articles, at least, and if she had misquoted the Head Boy last term as saying he had a love for stuffed animals, then that gave him personality. Astrid sighed.

A pout formed on her lips as she turned away, discouraged. The corridor was mercifully empty, though the doors to The Spellbound – the school newspaper – were ominously closed. Corbridge was a mercifully sweet editor, but Astrid was terrified of disappointing her all the same. She hadto come back with quotes.
Her eyes, blue, trailed her surroundings before choosing a new path, and she turned down a new corridor. A figure was ahead, and her eyes lit up, an impossibly rosy smile blossoming across her lips.

“Hey!” Astrid called, her voice light and singsong. She trotted to catch the person, her shoes clicking on the stone floor. “Wait up! It’s for the paper!” Her legs aided her admittedly poor running, and Astrid gasped as she came closer. “What do you think about serving frog legs at lunch? Some say it’s a delicacy, but others think it’s plain gross.”

Sample Roleplay Response: Type in your response here.

Optional: If you are new to our site, please let us know how you found us.  (Ex: web search, advertisement, recommended by a site member, etc.)

Demetri Draginoff

(29/02/2012 at 12:15)
  • Azkaban Inmate
  • C9 D6 T8 S6
    • View Profile
[sorry accidently messed up the first post]

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Sean Duke Wayne Ellwood-Luxe

Education: 
Muggle School in Texas, USA

Residence:
Small Town in Rural Texas, Residence of Claudius Ellwood-Luxe

Cowboy

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (example St Mungo's, the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
No.

Requested Magic Levels: None.

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Demetri Draginoff, Gau Draginoff, Elena Draginoff,[NPC Draginoffs]

Special Phrase: Tibble's beard of power

My boys,

Yours,
   Claudius Ellwood-Luxe

Then he added in a whisper " Reckon it might have something to do with the squib thing? " 

Roleplay
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Nates response
Nate wasn't sure what to say.  Of course it was rather obvious when one removed the reference to what looked a lot like a Tribble the girl was scared.  He had no clue what to do, or where to go.  Hopefully the girl would ignore him and they could both continue on there ways.  Unfortunately that was not seemingly the case.  He knew which direction he came from which was behind him.  He also knew that was the same direction he intended to go into to meet up with his brother.

Him and Sean were dividing the exploring and even had radios to communicate by.   Exploring which the girl whom was way to young for him to see at Hogwarts later was interrupting.  Nate said " Found a lost girl with a tribble.  Tumbleweed otherwise.  Ten four. "  Yes the radios were wizarding child toys not the ones they were used to at home, but they still worked.  As apparently most of the things they brought from home were quickly seemed to be placed in there bags by one of there grandfathers odd house elves.

Then the girl mentioned how the tribble was missing it's mother.  With a slight sigh he had little clue what to say to her.  He tried " I came from a road that way. " pointing over his shoulder.  As the last thing he was going to do was spoil his time for exploring to help someone who definitely knew more about the area than him.  After all, she had a tribble that had a name and was still purring.  So if they worked anything like dogs if there really was a problem it would not be so calm.  Plus to be honest there were people on the road far more qualified to help this girl out.

This building was boring.  Hopefully the girl would find someone else but he decided to wait a few seconds in case the girl said something interesting.  Or if an adult wandered over he might be able to take credit for helping which might earn him a few brownie points with his grandfather.  However he was not wasting much of what unsupervised wandering time he had on this girl.

Roleplay Response

Duke wasn't suprised that someone was lost this place was huge, "Same here, though I found an Ice Cream stand, really nice place, though I be thinking that we should help the lil girl out, it might be nice or something, you know what Daddy would say if we left a girl like that, he would cuff us behind the ears and tell us that not helping her wasn't very Southern Gentleman like."

Sean Duke Wayne Ellwood-Lux starting heading towards his twin, shaking his head, fun was fun but sometimes you had to give up on fun for a bit to do what you were supposed to do, and in this case he was supposed to help the girl. Seeing the two of them standing there he walked up, and smiled at his brother and hit him on the shoulder.

"Well well, looky what ya found there, mighty cute little girl aren't ya. Say why don't you come with me and Nate and get some Ice Cream, that way we can all be togther and we can tell some adults about you being lost, your puffskin might be likin the ice cream, and surely a girl like ya self will too."

Duke looked at his twin and shrugged, "It was time to take a break anyway bro, also I really want to check out that Ice Cream place, whatcha say?"

>.> <.< i really should have fixed this the first time correctly, if you could delete the second one I would appraite it, i accidetntly copied and pasted the wrong thing when correcting myself, >.> sometimes its not so good to work on stuff at 6am

Esme Vartan

(29/02/2012 at 15:34)
  • Lead Researcher, Supra Mortalitas
    • View Profile
Hi Demetri!

We'll need you to re-post this with his account, please.

Thanks!
Es
I'm the opposite of moderate
immaculately polished.

♦♦♦

Tags: