We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: A. Dupont - Charms, Duelling  (Read 762 times)

Angeline Dupont

(13/04/2013 at 19:39)
  • Charms Professor
  • C13D10T9S9
    • View Profile

Application for Salem Professor

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Angeline Christelle Dupont, spy extraordinare

Birthplace: Nice, France

Educational History: Beauxbatons Academy ‘38

Magical Levels: C7D7T8S8

Biography:
She stood outside the gates of the Academy, feeling sun on her face. Her bags were heaped in a messy pile beside her. The others had left long before, rescued by their parents or chauffeurs for the Charlemagnes, or even Apparation for those with enough experience. Rescued from the feeling of being lost as soon as one had left behind the powder-blue edged with gold and white.

Angeline was anything but lost. The black car picked her up from Nice, a modest sedan that would never draw attention – they were wiser than that. The man in the driver’s seat tipped his hat to her, wearing a wide grin for their newest and youngest member.

“You know what you’re getting into?” he asked, in French. She smirked back. Maman had said once not to get into strange cars. Children outgrew their parents’ advice, perhaps too early in such times.

He gave her an envelope, and in it there was a new address. It was committed to memory instantly.

“Burn it,” he instructed needlessly. Angeline waited for his eyes to swivel forwards, resting on the road ahead, before she touched it with her wand and cast Incendio. It wouldn’t count if he didn’t notice. Would it?

It didn’t. And he didn’t notice.

Months later, she arrived at the address to which she had been communicating, and came face-to-face with Duquesne. Angeline wanted him to understand why she was part of the network, why her motives were different from the rest.

She had no motives.

She was after a fire that would never stop burning, lightning that would flicker for more than an instant.

“You need a good reason to be here.”

“I can find one,” she said. And she had. There was always an need for witches and wizards anywhere in the world. The network needed her in America, and in America she would stay. The tapping sounds of messages flying across the Atlantic now hovered over cities and fields. Someday it would end, Angeline was sure. But for now the network was her anchor.

Strengths & Weaknesses:
Strengths: Angeline has incredibly high expectations of everyone around her. She is an efficient teacher who respects intelligence and achievement. Her lessons are always as active and exciting as possible, because she likes being entertained.
Weakness: Angeline is a bully and can be very mean to students she thinks are incompetent. She tends towards malice and enjoys planning lessons that frighten or annoy others.

Hopes & Dreams:
That teaching is an exciting enough job that she won’t be bored. Angeline is also a spy for the Germans, and a part of the Duquesne Spy Ring. She hopes that when the war comes, she can be on the frontlines.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
The man was different from Sordeau. In a good way, Angeline supposed, because anyone unlike Sordeau would be an improvement. There had been Lecuyier’s short stint, and now that Angeline had left the Academy, there was Audley. The former had made her impression, but the latter –

She would have been better off doing needlepoint, perhaps. Angeline saw no strong leadership from that woman.

But those days were past her, and Angeline did not care to dwell on them. Winchester sighed, and Angeline smirked at her lap before looking up to meet his eyes. She could make winning first impressions, when she bothered to.

”So.”

“So,” she repeated, pressing her hands in her lap, one primly placed over the other. He asked the question Angeline had been waiting for.

”And please, don’t tell me it’s for the history. I get that all the time.”

For Duquesne, she wanted to say. For the Abwehr and the band of thirty-odd that was just like her, for the blood that pounded in her stiff fingers when she set the straight-key on her desk, watched its magic (a unique sort of magic) whirring in the lamplight.

Angeline had no loyalty.

“Americans are a fascinating people. Obviously very different from the French, and I don’t doubt that I can learn much here.”

The smirk returned. “But I can teach much more. I’ve seen what’s out there, Monsieur Winchester. I can’t claim to be able to explain it – but I do know that’s it’s something to be afraid of.”

That was what she liked about it.

Tags: