We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Kaguya Märchen  (Read 653 times)

* Kaguya Märchen

(22/04/2019 at 10:01)
  • Junior Healer - Pharmacy
  • C6D4T8S6
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Kaguya Märchen

Birthday: August 15

Hometown: Knockturn Alley, London, England

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Transfiguration

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination

Year (pick two): 3rd, 2nd

Biography:

Kaguya was almost eleven when she realized that her legs were long and gangly. That they were tethered to Earth. And that there was no way she could ever float up into space and kiss a star. And that she couldn’t hug the Moon and tell her, “yes, goodnight, sleep tight, I love you, keep me here always.” And that maybe heaven wasn’t real and maybe all these years she’s just been some weird kid stumbling barefoot in the front of her father’s shady pawnshop, spouting nonsense about moonlight and a dead mother’s love.

She realized this one night, staring up at the midnight black sky, burning candles and praying. It came so suddenly. A pathetically unwanted epiphany she’s been trying so hard to ignore.

The next morning, Kaguya continued to cry until her tears had all dried out and all that was left were desert coughs and rough hiccups that could’ve tossed her heart out. She screamed into her mattress and kicked her feet at the floor. She couldn’t remember if Dad told her to shut up or didn’t say anything at all. She decided from then on that she hated a lot of things.

Dad and the Moon were two of them, and somehow she would cut them out and finally resemble an ordinary girl.

I’ll drown myself in friends. I’ll get a little pet. I’ll make a new nickname for myself. I'll buy a new diary. I'll burn my old one. I’ll never remember Japanese. I’ll laugh, and only loudly. I’ll throw out my candles, my incense, my letters to her.

I’ll never speak to him again.

7 July, 1956

Dear Diary,

Other than that Moment two years ago, I think I’m pretty alright now.

Kaya M.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Slytherin

Personality:
A little bitter toward the whole “dad” situation but otherwise! Eager to grow up and act mature and cool, tends to disregard others in favor for herself. Although good-natured and normally kind, Kaya’s world revolves around herself and her own fantasies, so she has a tendency to use others in order to reach her goals without truly realizing it.

Appearance:
Prey-like eyes, a predator’s smile, dark hair, and bangs. Just another thirteen year old girl!

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character. Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions, not Evangeline's or Hugh's.

Option I:

Maybe Clarissa Harlock should have returned that Transfiguration essay if she didn’t want Kaya stalking through the dungeons with two balled-up fists and half a mind to put them to good use. The other half was dedicated to literally ripping Harlock’s plagiarized paper apart—sure, Kaya had allowed it, but it was her essay in the first place. She got to decide what to do with it.

(Plus, it was due in two hours. That added an extra snap to her bite.)

So, like an animal, she lurked. Padded softly on top of floor. Slid silently around corners and shuffled cautiously across stone. She wondered what kind of expression Harlock would make if she snuck up behind the Slytherin and scared her to death. It would probably make her look a little beautiful.

Though, judging by the tinny little voice shivering like a traumatized mouse, it all would have to wait. Kaya paused and dashed behind another gray column, pressing her body against the cold surface.

"Hello! Is Emma Birch here?"

Delicious. Kaya grinned and skipped out from her hiding spot, bending down to match the height of poor Evangeline. A few strands of black hair hung in front of her face. "The one and only," she laughed—the sordid kind, the kind that she was afraid was becoming too natural and attempted to train out while making faces in the mirror.

"C’mon, let me possess you," and her fingers wriggled ominously in front of the other girl’s face, "I want to be alive again."

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have  on the site (current and previous): Valencia Alvear and co.

How did you find us?: TopSites

VENUS PLANET OF LOVE
WAS DESTROYED BY GLOBAL WARMING
DID ITS PEOPLE WANT TOO MUCH TOO?
DID ITS PEOPLE WANT TOO MUCH?

* Sylvia Renn

(23/04/2019 at 02:53)
  • Department Chair at L'école Enchantons
  • C20D13T10S19
    • View Profile
Dear Miss Märchen,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins on 1 May. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies.

Yours sincerely,

Deputy Headmistress
you  /yōō, yə/ pronoun.
  a microscope through which I can see
  all the broken parts of me.

Tags: