We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Adam Mahogany Just  (Read 860 times)

Eve Hallows

(16/10/2012 at 20:38)
  • Journalist
  • C16D6T10S8
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Adam Mahogany Just

Education:
Madam Malavia's Magical Masters, Class of '29
Gokstad, '29-'34
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Gryffindor, Class of '36

Residence:
Intern Alley 1, Room 22b
London

Auror In Training

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
The Ministry

Requested Magic Levels: *School levels, transferred from Hogwarts.

• Charms: 10
  • Transfiguration: 11
  • Divination: 6
  • Summoning: 10
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
N/A

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Eve Hallows, Asta Adelaide, Jared Malhearst et al.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
“Ja, jeg savner også dig.”

The words were familiar in his mouth, and he sighed as he spoke out his native language in what was supposed to be comforting words. In fact, telling his best friend he missed her was probably only making the situation worse.

A door slammed open behind him, and AJ flew into an upright standing position, hands on his back, as if that would make it less obvious that he had used the fireplace to communicate with the Danish redhead. His father slowly came into view, and the more AJ attempted to look completely innocent, the more persistent the Englishman became in scrutinising his facial features. At last, his father’s eyes darted towards the fireplace, where bright orange flames were cackling joyously.
His father covered the distance between them in two steps, pulled his son aside, went down on all fours and stuck his head into the fire.

Now, this might all seem like a completely arbitrary and somewhat foolish thing to do, but it wasn’t in the Just family.

Growing up in a family of wizards, used to use the hot, friendly flames instead of the telephone, this was not something Adam Just frowned upon either. Instead he turned his eyes towards the ceiling, letting his arms rise and fall resignedly, while his father said, “Well hello there, Melissa. Adam’ll have to light you later.”

Chuckling at his own joke, his father rose to his feet again, absent-mindedly dusting the sod of his hands and knees while shaking his head at what he must have thought was adorable silliness. He was like that, AJ’s father. Full of horrible jokes and ideas that they were funny.

Turning towards AJ, his facial features suddenly became serious, and he threw his right arm around AJ’s shoulders paternally, as he guided him to the kitchen.

“Listen AJ, I understand how you feel. But you’ll make friends here as well.”

In the kitchen they bumped into AJ’s mother, who was slicing tomatoes the Muggle way. Adam knew it was her silent protest against moving to West Sussex from Valby in Denmark, a suspicion confirmed by her tense air and the worried look his father shot her before turning himself and AJ towards the dinner table.

With supper being mere minutes away, his father didn’t pursue the subject any further. He knew it was two against one.

They sat down at the wooden table in front of them, his father banging his thigh against the tabletop as usual, and silence fell upon the dark stone-wall kitchen. It was an eerie feeling, as life at the Just house was normally cheerful and filled with colour. AJ considered a few words of consolation for his father, maybe just a pat on the back, but he figured it was no use.

In fact, AJ wasn’t truly angry with his father. He felt bad for his mother. It was going to be harder on her than it would be on him. On the other hand, he felt the need to let his father know he wasn’t pleased with the ‘you-have-no-choice’ approach to the situation. Had he been asked, he would probably have come willingly. Or, maybe not. He wasn’t sure how he would have reacted, or what he wanted from his father; he just knew, he needed time to let it go.

Whatever ‘it’ was.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response: *Permission to powerplay Tessa Alcott granted by player.

"Here you go."

The mugs connected with the glassy surface with a loud clank, and AJ turned to wipe of the dew off his clothes. A quick flick of his wand later, and the glasses were dry and un-slippery, ready for the redhead opposite him to take a swig. It wasn't long into November, and sometimes, all he needed was a brief brush of Tessa to remind him that Koren was not his life, and that he wasn't always on swinging ground.

It was almost impossible to hear anything over the chatter of voices that rose above their heads from the amount of guests frequenting the restaurant, but it was manageably pricy and invitingly comfortable, and the auror-in-training leaned back in his chair at a leisure pace, trying his best not to slump, wanting to do nothing but.

Oh, sod it. Tessa wasn't Ellerie.

"I'm lost and it's dark and I..."

Jittery, AJ jumped in his seat, noticing that he had closed his eyes for a second there before turning to make out the source of the voice.

Beside him stood a little girl, holding a puffskein to his face, making no sense at all.

"He misses my and his mommy."

"Ah, right... OK."

He threw a nervous glance at the girl opposite him, half expecting her to break in and take over the conversation, and the boy wasn't quit sure if he was thankful for that or if he wanted to prove-

Oh, he didn't need to finish that sentence at all.

"Alright darling," he said, beaming genially at the little girl, stroking Sam-butt-kin or whatever she'd named it slowly, "We'll help you find your way back home."

Turning towards the healer-in-training, he shot her a smirk.

"Won't we, Tess?"

Then, directing his attention towards the little one once more, he said jovially, "Where do you live?"

OTHER
How did you find us? Google
You have no power over me

Alastair Grimm

(16/10/2012 at 21:15)
Accepted!

Tags: