Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Arsenius Paladin  (Read 687 times)

Arsenius Paladin

(29/07/2013 at 18:13)
  • Retired Cursebreaker + Paladin Family Head
  • C10 D10 T5 S7
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Arsenius Lucius Paladin

Education:
Private tutoring in childhood; Hogwarts, Slytherin Years 1-7; private training post-graduation (two years); Gringotts Guard training; Guard service; Curse-breaker training; Curse-breaker service.

Residence:
Palatine Hall, England, unplottable.

Occupation:**If you are planning to work at St. Mungo's, please fill out the St. Mungo's application here instead.
Head of Paladin Family; Retired Curse-breaker

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
Gringotts.

Requested Magic Levels: (see here on how to do this)
If you want levels above the usual 32 total, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.
  • Charms: 10.
  • Divination: 10.
  • Transfiguration: 5.
  • Summoning: 7.
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Aries Paladin, Asteria Applesnow.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
What can be said of a man like Arsenius Paladin? He has lived for many years -- though not really that many, only sixty, hardly any number that makes him ancient by either Muggle or Wizard standards -- and has seen and done a great deal of things -- not all of them good, but not all of them terrible, either. In short, he has lead the sort of life so admired by pureblood families: one rather linear, one quite proper, and one marked by accomplishment. He did admirably in his adolescence, sorting into Slytherin and graduating in the upper percentages; he wedded well, marrying a beautiful German pureblood of good breeding and uncanny good looks, even growing to love her; they had four beautiful children who would also do quite well; he succeeded in his career of choice, as any good Slytherin would -- working for Gringotts first as a guard, and then as a Cursebreaker, the latter position satisfying both his love of travel and magpie tendencies.

Currently retired (apparently, older men aren’t supposed to hop about ancient tombs), he occupies himself in the following ways: investment (he enjoys hobknobbing about the Middle East, and has for many years purchased its gold during the metal’s cheaper trends); warming his Wizengamot seat as Head of Family and taking care of the Paladins' affairs (despite his freer ways, he has a sense of duty, and a love of his family); and various hobbies, such adding to and polishing his private collections, as well as enjoying travels (whether with his wife or without her). Though retired, he’s never still.

So there are many things that can be said of Arsenius Paladin -- or, at least, his life story. He has lead a good life so far, but not a dull one. He was always a little odd, after all.

Suffice to say his children are exasperated by him much of the time -- his daughters, in particular, by his apparent indecision regarding heirs.

...but Arsenius doesn’t mind their irritation too much. He doesn't see a suitable heir, and until he does, he's got much more interesting things to do.

Roleplay: (If you are requesting Exceptional levels - above 32 total - please respond to the roleplay and questions here instead)
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:

Arsenius had lost his pipe.

It was the xhosa pipe he had acquired in the summer of 1911, a particular favorite of his, and he was a little annoyed not only because of which pipe it was, but also because it just so happened to be the blasted thing that never was about when he needed it most (African artifacts had always been somewhat temperamental in his experience, however).

Grumbling, he summoned for it again.

Instead of his pipe, however, he received quite a different sort of visitation.

"I'm lost and it's dark..."

Grayed brows arched as the little girl spoke, then lowered slightly after their appraisal was complete.

A lost child. And Knockturn was not the place for children, so he supposed he ought to help her.

Besides, she rather reminded him of Alexia’s.

“Yes, child,” he said gruffly, only to be interrupted.

"He misses my and his mommy."

“I am certain he does,” the old man assured her gravely. “Shall we go and find your mother, then?”

He stood to leave, not opposed to the idea of going on a walk to do just that. He was in excellent condition for his age (and had, moreover, been a trifle bored).

“Damn pipe,” he wheezed again to the attendant, then tipped him extra. “If you find it, please forward it to my address -- yes, yes, thank you."

This done, he turned back to the child.

"Well, then, what is your name?"

OTHER
How did you find us? Divine chance &tc.
« Last Edit: 29/07/2013 at 18:26 by Lyndon Audley »
P.S. -- I enjoy Acid Pops.

Arianrhod Medraut

(29/07/2013 at 18:21)
Accepted!

Tags: