We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Hunter Reinhardt  (Read 685 times)

Hunter Reinhardt

(01/12/2012 at 04:55)
    • View Profile

Application for Beauxbatons Academy

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Hunter Reinhardt

Birthday: May 19th 1925.

Hometown: Paris, France.

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Divination

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Transfiguration

Year (pick two):
First Year (6e) or Second Year (5e).

Biography:
Hunter has lived a very closed and dull life, from the time he was born – the result of a suspicious plot against the Reinhardt family to birth a rightful heir to their fortune – his family did not treat him as an equal member of the family at all. They treated him the way they saw him, as a tool. A tool that needed to be honed and prepared for the task at hand, the result of this was Hunter spending essentially his entire life in the hands of paid care; nannies and tutors, whilst spending practically no time with either of his biological families.

The Reinhardt Family didn’t even know he existed until the Summer of 1937 as Hunter was the son of the late Gabriel Reinhardt and a much much younger French woman who entered a contract with him – if she gave birth to a male son, the family’s wealth would be hers. Gabriel was disappointed with his own children (and their children), needless to say he was keen on setting up the plan to take his fortune away from his unworthy children.

As soon as the boy reaches 17, he will become the true heir to the entire fortune and family.

As a result of his upbringing, he finds it almost impossible to understand the emotions and opinions of other people unless they have been built on an argument of fact and statistics. Social situations are just as complicated for the boy, taking every chance he can to study the social norms of the people around him in a curious attempt to one day fit in with the crowd.

(and usually failing)

Beneath his awkward behaviours, Hunter has a heart of gold and nothing but the best intentions. Unfortunately for everyone else, he doesn’t understand the consequences of defying to social norm.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

Ecole Request:
Humanities

Personality:
Hunter is a nice person underneath his social issues. He does not have a dishonest or malicious bone in his entire body, in fact he is incapable of telling a lie (even if it’s save himself from trouble) and is often very blunt and truthful with everything he says. The boy has an incredibly hard time making friends, but he isn’t bothered overly by it. His skin is almost as thick as dragon’s hide, insults and compliments both bouncing off of him equally. He is just as hard to insult as he is to compliment.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to the Sample Roleplay below.

The Dining Hall was the perfect place to make the most recent observations and update previously recorded observations, the students always separated themselves into their little social circles and Hunter was left alone to the watch the rest of them. Well, perhaps study would be the more accurate word. He found it fascinating how much a student could differ from one to the other, they both appreciated the arts and everything else that made Beauxbatons the way it was, yet there was something that stopped them being friendly with each other.

It was a complex of superiority they held, some believed their form of art was more difficult – therefore they were more accomplished artists when they managed to perfect their craft compared to those who had an easier passion but had just as much accomplishment in the field.

Hunter had spent many weeks trying to find out what the exact hierarchy was in the school but the research had just started running around in circles. It was going to be hopeless for him to find out if he didn’t get closer and observe the specimens in their natural habitats.

So began his endeavour to sit closer to certain groups on different days, silently recording his notes right under their noses.

His back was turned to the girl as she tripped over the bag that had been sitting on the floor, he didn’t know who owned the bag but it didn’t seem a relevant fact. He had now been hit with the assortment of vegetables and the pork chop that the girl had been carrying, yet his face barely reacted to it.

“Oh! I’m so sorry!”

Hunter blinked a few times.

“That doesn’t seem necessary; you could not have predicted an obstacle being in front of you in normal circumstances. I think your apology serves no valid purpose here.”

He raised an eyebrow slightly, taking curiosity in what the girl would do next.

“Will you be cleaning the mess up as part of your apology and will you still be eager to eat the food that has essentially been spoiled by this event, or will you consider yourself above that standard and acquire new food for yourself and dispose of the remaining food here?”

His hand was ready to take notes, perhaps this would be an interesting observation after all. He was legitimately curious as to how the girl would react after causing such a disturbance in the Dining Hall, psychology was always curious in that way.

→ ABOUT YOU.
Previous Characters (if applicable):
Ignatius Hallows, Grey Reinhardt, Dustin Lawson, Dunn Chevalier, Fay Vanhelm & Co.

How did you find us?:
Via suggestion, -shifty glance at Alexander Valentine-

Margot Lecuyier

(01/12/2012 at 14:02)
    • View Profile

Mr. Reinhardt,

Congratulations, your application to Beauxbatons Academy has been accepted.

Term begins 01 January 2013. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the Academy.

Regards,
t w o r a v e n s i n t h e o l d o a k t r e e
one for you and one for me
b l u e b e l l s i n t h e l a t e d e c e m b e r

I   S E E   S I G N S   N O W   A L L   T H E   T I M E .

Tags: