We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Bryony Reed  (Read 141 times)

Bryony Reed

(02/12/2023 at 23:39)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D0T2S1
    • View Profile
Before you begin, please make sure you have created
an account in your character's full name, and make sure you have read and understand the following:

Site Rules | Magical Rules | Our Rating | FAQ

Should you have any questions, please contact an Administrator.

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Bryony Winter Reed

Birthday: January 1, 1959

Hometown: Hogsmeade, UK

Bloodline: Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one): Transfiguration

Magical Weakness (pick one): Divination

Year (pick two): 1st (or 2nd)

Biography:
Dear Headmistress,

My name is Bryony Reed. I am 11½ years old, I speak two languages and I’m learning more, I like books, plants, and music, and I live really close, just over in Hogsmeade.

My sister and I are coming to Hogwarts this year. I’m sorry to bother you over the summer, but I have something really, really, really important that I need to talk to you about and it has to be a secret because I think my mum and dad wouldn’t want me writing to you and bothering you like this.

My mum’s name is Lia Ayres. I know you remember her because you kicked her out. I know why too and mum says I can’t be mad at you for doing that because you were doing her job. And I’m not mad. But I need you to be not mad at us for what she did. Especially not mad at Erys. If you have to be mad at someone, please be mad at me. Erys doesn’t deserve it.

My dad, Henry Reed, went to Hogwarts too. I don’t know what you think of him because he never said. Maybe you can think of him and since we have the same last name, you can pretend you don’t remember our mum.

I need you to not be mad at Erys because she’s the best person I know and it’s my job to protect her. People told me it’s not, because she’s bigger (only by minutes though!) and because she can take care of herself. But sisters take care of each other, that’s what my aunt always says. Well, she says family whether they’re related or not, but you know what I mean. I need to take care of Erys.

Sometimes when mum and dad think we’re asleep, I hear them talking about how Hogwarts isn’t really safe and they don’t protect students. Mum talked a couple of times about sending us somewhere else, but Hogwarts was so close that it made sense. It’s okay if you don’t. But you need to protect Erys. She needs to be your exception.

Erys and I promise that we’re not going to do anything like our mum did. But if you let Erys get hurt, I might have to break my promise.

Sincerely,
Bryony Reed   

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Do your worst.

Personality:
Bryony can be, well, a lot. Full of ideas, too stubborn for her own good, and sometimes frustratingly impulsive, she tends to dive headfirst into her latest idea without too much thought of consequences or impacts. At least, not until later. But that’s hyperfixation for you, not that the term is common in 1970.

Bryony has a huge heart, but she might seem very selective of who she allows into it. It’s not that she doesn’t want to love people and have them love her back. Her feelings just tend to be huge, too, and she doesn’t want people to hurt them. Give her a chance, though, and she’ll eventually let you in. Maybe.

She can’t wait to get to Hogwarts. She’s even excited for homework because there are so many things in the world to learn and she wants to know all of it. But when she’s not diving head first into her education, she can usually be found running experiments of her own, curling up by the fire with some non-fiction book or other (history is her favourite at the moment, but it might change tomorrow), writing her family, spending time with her sister, or poking around in the gardens. 

Appearance:
At 11½, Bryony stands shorter than average for her age. She’s always clean, but often just a little bit dishevelled from whatever she’s been digging into recently. She can look nice when she tries through, and generally, she does enjoy looking nice. She prefers pants to skirts whenever possible, her hair worn down and long, and she carries a book as a near-constant accessory.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character. Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions, not Evangeline's or Hugh's.

Option 2:

That rat of his was in for it now.

The grey little rascal had disappeared from his clutches at breakfast. Again.

Before Hugh even knew what was happening, Merlin had shot across the floor, somehow managing to avoid all the feet walking across the hall and had escaped through the open doors.

Which meant that Hugh was now stomping through rows of flowers and other various flora, searching for the small creature. It was like the rat knew Hugh was allergic to most flowers. Merlin always chose to run to the gardens whenever he got away from Hugh. It was as if the rat did not want to have him for an owner.

Hugh had named his pet Merlin because he had hoped the powerful name would give the rat more incentive to be more than a rat. Not that he expected Merlin to change into a wizard or anything, but rats were just so...useless, for the most part. With a name like Merlin, Hugh thought it might give the rat purpose.

The only purpose Merlin seemed to have was getting away from Hugh as often as possible.

As the fifth year trudged into the second row of flowers, not taking much care to avoid trampling the first row, he felt the first sneeze building up pressure in his nose and behind his eyes.

"You blasted rat! Where are you?"

He pulled apart a section of bright red flowers; he didn't know what they were called because he despised flowers, and ducked his head low to peer into the depths of the flowerbed. It was moving closer in proximity to the flowers that finally did it. Hugh took in three great breaths and then let out an almighty sneeze. It was strong enough to disturb some of the dirt on the ground before him.

Groaning, he stood up again and wiped his nose on his sleeve. It was as he was turning his head, his nose running up and down his arm, that movement in his peripheral vision caught his attention. Normally one who preferred to put his best face forward, Hugh was a bit embarrassed to be caught wiping his runny nose on his robes.

Nevertheless, Hugh put on his best haughty voice. albeit a bit thickly with his plugged nose and said, "Can I help you with something? It is not polite to stare."

Roleplay Response:
Bryony flipped through the pages of her book, trying not to get dirt on it. It was a tricky thing to do when your fingers were also quite dirty though. She should have brought gloves, but she hadn’t been thinking at the time. She had just seen the picture of the blue poppies in the book while flipping through in the library and she needed to know if Hogwarts had any in their gardens. There hadn’t been time for thinking about gloves.

Except someone was
sneezing and disrupting her. Had they even covered their mouth? Bryony glared. Didn’t they know that when you sneezed, snot shot out of your nose at nearly 100 miles per hour? She was definitely not that far away, either. Gross, he also wiped his nose on his sleeve!

The boy turned to her then, rude comments flying nearly as fast from his mouth as his sneeze had.

“Well, it’s not polite to not cover your mouth when you sneeze, but you did that anyway,” she retorted, eyes narrowing. She hadn't seen that, actually, but it was probably true. “And it’s rude to interrupt someone's learning, which you also did. And you also wiped your nose in your clothes, which is a really good way to give someone the flu. Or dragon pox. Or probably the plague, not to mention just disgusting. So, really, who’s the rude one here?”

She stood, crossing her arms as she waited for his reply.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have on the site (current and previous): Lia Ayres et al.

How did you find us?: TopRPSites back in the day

* Pythagorea Proud

(03/12/2023 at 22:32)
  • Deputy Headmistress
  • Arithmancy Professor
    • View Profile
Dear Miss Reed ,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins on 1 January. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies.

Yours sincerely,

Deputy Headmistress

Tags: