Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Isaac Bricker  (Read 153 times)

Isaac Bricker

(22/12/2023 at 21:24)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C2D1T1S0
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Isaac Bricker

Birthday: 01/01/1959

Hometown: Ottery St Catchpole

Bloodline: HalfBlood

Magical Strength: Charms

Magical Weakness: Conjuring & Summoning

Year: First (second)

Biography:
Isaac didn't excel in school. he did his homework most of the time and had a few close friends. Overall Isaac was not a driven or active boy so you'd expect the average boy to be just that, average. but an owl came in July of 1970 and Isaac's goals and thirst for knowledge became what could only be described as ambitious. You see Isaac is a half-blooded wizard, but until his acceptance letter came he had no idea he was a wizard. Harry's mother is a muggle named Evelin Bricker. His father, Zakaria Yaxley a pureblooded squib. Zakaria was scared that he'd bear another squib and so chose to not tell Isaac about the wizarding world in order to save him from the disappointment he endured though he would never disown the boy like his father.

Evelin Bricker and Zakaria Yaxley worked together as local Police in Ottery St Catchpole. Unknown to Isaac his dad took the job in 1957 under the direction of the Ministry of Magic's squib/muggle integration program where he met Evelin Baker, his Partner and soon-to-be wife. Evelin chose to retire to raise Isaac and take up baking.

Isaac's first instance of magic was not overt. At the age of 6, he climbed into the back of his dad's locked cursor in order to "get the bad guys with daddy" and wasn't noticed until getting to work. Isaac had 3 other accidental magic flair-ups but none of them were strong and so went unnoticed, so that by the time Isaac got his Hogwarts acceptance letter the ink on the envelope was smudged by his father's joyful tears. After a long talk and a lot of crying, Isaac finally knew that he was a wizard, he finally knew why his dad watched him so closely, and he finally knew that come hell or high water he'd find the reason behind squibs and fix it.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

House Request: Gryffindor

Appearance: Isaac is an unobtrusive boy. At 147cm (4' 10") he is taller than most. With long dark brown hair and brown eyes, he tends to not stand out. With his lanky build and glasses. He often looks lost in thought or is rushing from one place to another.

SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

Option I:

The dungeons. A place eleven-year-old Evangeline had not yet traveled since her arrival at Hogwarts.

A place she really was just fine with not knowing; but it was too late. The dare had been accepted, even if it had been done in fear of being kicked out of Gryffindor, like the older girls had said she would because Gryffindors were supposed to be brave.

The air changed instantly when she hit the main corridor of the dungeons. The dampness was almost too much for her and she instinctively took a deep breath to avoid the sensation of being suffocated. There was also a sour burning smell which Evangeline assumed was from many, many Potions lessons.

Further and further she walked, her steps so slow and gentle they made no noise against the stone walls and floor. The feeling that she wasn't alone crept up her spine and raised the tiny hair on the back of her neck. Shivering, Evangeline wrapped her arms around herself. Suddenly, she missed the warmth and comfort of the Gryffindor common room. The fire was always going and it made her feel at ease.

Why had she let those girls talk her into this? She was only eleven, she didn't have to be brave. Surely the Headmistress would not kick her out of Hogwarts for not being brave.

If only she had these thoughts while being dared to search for the ghost of one Emma Birch, whom supposedly haunted the dungeons. It was not, Evangeline had learned, the place where the sixteen-year-old girl's life had ended but as she had been from the house with a snake as its mascot, it was the place her spirit had returned to. That common room was down here somewhere, she'd been told.

Something - the small blonde girl wasn't quite sure what - but something made her stop in her tracks suddenly. There was a low, dull thumping noise. Or maybe that was her heart beating so loudly she thought it was coming from outside her body.

"H-h-hello?" Her voice was barely above a whisper.

Remembering that she was supposed to be brave, Evangeline tried again.

"Hello! Is Emma Birch here?"

The sound of her own words bouncing back at her off the walls made her jump.

Roleplay Response:
"Murlin! you scared me half to death. Evangeline is that you?" Isaac rounded the doorway to find his fellow first-year "What are you doing down here? our common room is... no neverminded forget I asked that. More importantly, how do I get out of here? Who is Emma Birch, A Slytherin?"

Isaac was sure he'd heard the name somewhere before. It would be nice if it was a Slytherin because the Dungeon is a maze and he was hopelessly lost.

"Thank goodness you came by. I was looking for a ghost to talk to but got myself turned around somehow. It's hard to pay much attention to direction with it being this creepy down here."

Isaac reached out a hand in greeting.

ABOUT YOU.

How did you find us?: After coming across this forum on Google. I look forward to sharing a fun and rich experience with everyone.

* Dylan Duckheart

(22/12/2023 at 23:14)
  • Healer - Spell Damage
  • C20D12T23S20
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Hi Isaac!

Welcome to Hoggies!

Your application looks great and I can't wait to see Isaac around the board. There is just one thing we'll need you to change. You mention the Muggle/Squib integration program which didn't exist in our canon at the time. Since we don't want applications to conflict with existing canon (since we write in that era) and our active Ministry, we ask that you remove that reference to the Ministry's program.  You could just say that he applied with encouragement from others. 

Once you have made that change, please reply here with your entire revised application.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me or another staff member.

Thanks, and I can't wait to see you around the site!

Dylan
tell me:
what is it you plan to do with your
one wild & precious life?

Isaac Bricker

(23/12/2023 at 04:31)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C2D1T1S0
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Isaac Bicker

Birthday: 01/01/1959

Hometown: Ottery St Catchpole

Bloodline: HalfBlood

Magical Strength: Charms

Magical Weakness: Conjuring & Summoning

Year: First (second)

Biography:
Isaac didn't excel in school. he did his homework most of the time and had a few close friends. Overall Isaac was not a driven or active boy so you'd expect the average boy to be just that, average. but an owl came in July of 1970 and Isaac's goals and thirst for knowledge became what could only be described as ambitious. You see Isaac is a half-blooded wizard, but until his acceptance letter came he had no idea he was a wizard. Harry's mother is a muggle named Evelin Bricker. His father, Zakaria Yaxley a pureblooded squib. Zakaria was scared that he'd bear another squib and so chose to not tell Isaac about the wizarding world in order to save him from the disappointment he endured though he would never disown the boy like his father.

Evelin Bricker and Zakaria Yaxley worked together as local Police in Ottery St Catchpole. His dad took the job in 1957 with encouragement from his family to integrate with muggles, where he met Evelin Baker, his Partner and soon-to-be wife. Evelin chose to retire to raise Isaac and take up baking.

Isaac's first instance of magic was not overt. At the age of 6, he climbed into the back of his dad's locked cursor in order to "get the bad guys with daddy" and wasn't noticed until getting to work. Isaac had 3 other accidental magic flair-ups but none of them were strong and so went unnoticed, so that by the time Isaac got his Hogwarts acceptance letter the ink on the envelope was smudged by his father's joyful tears. After a long talk and a lot of crying, Isaac finally knew that he was a wizard, he finally knew why his dad watched him so closely, and he finally knew that come hell or high water he'd find the reason behind squibs and fix it.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

House Request: Gryffindor

Appearance:
Isaac is an unobtrusive boy. At 147cm (4' 10") he is taller than most. With long dark brown hair and brown eyes, he tends to not stand out. With his lanky build and glasses. He often looks lost in thought or is rushing from one place to another.

SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

Option I:

The dungeons. A place eleven-year-old Evangeline had not yet travelled since her arrival at Hogwarts.

A place she really was just fine with not knowing; but it was too late. The dare had been accepted, even if it had been done in fear of being kicked out of Gryffindor, like the older girls had said she would because Gryffindors were supposed to be brave.

The air changed instantly when she hit the main corridor of the dungeons. The dampness was almost too much for her and she instinctively took a deep breath to avoid the sensation of being suffocated. There was also a sour burning smell which Evangeline assumed was from many, many Potions lessons.

Further and further she walked, her steps so slow and gentle they made no noise against the stone walls and floor. The feeling that she wasn't alone crept up her spine and raised the tiny hair on the back of her neck. Shivering, Evangeline wrapped her arms around herself. Suddenly, she missed the warmth and comfort of the Gryffindor common room. The fire was always going and it made her feel at ease.

Why had she let those girls talk her into this? She was only eleven, she didn't have to be brave. Surely the Headmistress would not kick her out of Hogwarts for not being brave.

If only she had these thoughts while being dared to search for the ghost of one Emma Birch, whom supposedly haunted the dungeons. It was not, Evangeline had learned, the place where the sixteen-year-old girl's life had ended but as she had been from the house with a snake as its mascot, it was the place her spirit had returned to. That common room was down here somewhere, she'd been told.

Something - the small blonde girl wasn't quite sure what - but something made her stop in her tracks suddenly. There was a low, dull thumping noise. Or maybe that was her heart beating so loudly she thought it was coming from outside her body.

"H-h-hello?" Her voice was barely above a whisper.

Remembering that she was supposed to be brave, Evangeline tried again.

"Hello! Is Emma Birch here?"

The sound of her own words bouncing back at her off the walls made her jump.

Roleplay Response:
"Murlin! you scared me half to death. Evangeline is that you?" Isaac rounded the doorway to find his fellow first-year "What are you doing down here? our common room is... no neverminded forget I asked that. More importantly, how do I get out of here? Who is Emma Birch, A Slytherin?"

Isaac was sure he'd heard the name somewhere before. It would be nice if it was a Slytherin because the Dungeon is a maze and he was hopelessly lost.

"Thank goodness you came by. I was looking for a ghost to talk to but got myself turned around somehow. It's hard to pay much attention to direction with it being this creepy down here."

Isaac reached out a hand in greeting.

ABOUT YOU.

How did you find us?: After coming across this forum on Google. I look forward to sharing a fun and rich experience with everyone.

* Pythagorea Proud

(23/12/2023 at 19:54)
  • Deputy Headmistress
  • Arithmancy Professor
    • View Profile
Dear Mr. Bricker ,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins on 1 January. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies.

Yours sincerely,

Deputy Headmistress

Tags: