We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Sophie L. Rosseau  (Read 775 times)

Eilidh C. Adler

(23/08/2012 at 08:04)
  • Housekeeper
  • C11D7T7S7
    • View Profile
Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Sophie L. Rosseau
Birthday: 13th September
Hometown: Auvergne, France
Bloodline: Halfblood
Magical Strength (pick one): Charms
Magical Weakness (pick one):Divination
Year (pick two):4th  and 5th  year
Biography:
Selene Zalander had known Lysander Berenger Rosseau ever since their rather awkward encounter on the steam strain during her first day to Hogwarts. The Swedish young girl had been accidentally turned into a half feline by a jinxing spell, casted by the very mischievous Rosseau. Hitherto to being sorted to being in the same house — Gryffindor ——she had antagonized him ever since.Until the pompous boy had humbly and sincerely apologized to her, exactly after he received a howler the week before.

They began with a mutually placid acquaintanceship and slowly warmed up to each other. Selene's best friend, a zealous chatterbox christened Cassandra, had detected dormant romantic feelings the two had for each other since 5th year. After countless encouragement and nagging at the two stubborn mules, Lysander and Selene had embarrassingly shared their first kiss during the Valentine's day of their 6th year.

Lysander “Berry” Rosseau had calmly and firmly proposed to Selene during their career as Aurors at the Ministry of Magic in the middle of a duel . She shyly accepted after the battle  and punched him on the shoulder for not being romantic enough, and demanded a more amorous setting. Because of the Rosseau family's extraordinary wealth and Selene's own family business, the couple had no problem in raising a small family of 4.

Unfortunately, Lysander and Selene were ambushed during an assignment by a socipathic and pyschopathic assailant, that was an anarchist against the Ministry. Lysander was killed on the spot while Selene was subjected to violent torture to the point of madness and mental retardiation. She now lies in a cot of St. Mungo's hospital with the mental development of a 6 year old.

Their daughters, Camilla and Sophie, were put under guardianship of Selene's mother, Pandora, a very powerful and known witch that is now a groundskeeper of a magical forest. The couple's incident had drove both girls to become a protector and fighter.

Camilla is now 21 and interning at a Dragon's Reserve in Wales, she posts letters to her sister via owl as well as postcards, books and some tidbits. She is very close to Sophie and Grandmother Pandora, it almost tore her apart to leave them for Wales.

As did the rest of her family, Sophie attended Hogwarts and excelled in almost all of her subjects, with the exclusion of Divination. Growing up with her gamekeeper grandmother had made her a pro at Care of Magical Creatures.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.
House Request: Gryffindor
Personality: By genetics, Sophie had inherited the calm brains, intelligence and eidetic memory from her beloved mother, while usurping the dry humour, killer insticts and passionate nature of her father.

Growing up with a strict grandmother made her especially disciplined and controlled, although there is a general mischief streak in her that both girls seem to share with their father. Sophie is a very empathetic and sensitive person when it comes to the people around her, she would automatically hug her grandmother whenever the lonely woman thought about her daughter and son-in-law. She was never good at giving condolenses, so she chose to comfort her loved ones in the quiet way that she did. Unlike her fiery and passionate sister, Camilla.

Sophie is naturally good-humored and warm person, but can be very cold and severe when it is needed. She feels a strong sense of responsibilty to protect and fight for her principles and belief. Her instincts are almost always dead-on, eventhough her luck is apparently lacking. She always avoids board and card games whenever she cans, betting is also a taboo for Sophie because she always loses. She is very sour and caustic whenever she's pulled into a game.

She is very stubborn as well, a both negative and positive trait, when it comes to one's perspective. Sophie is kind and loving at heart,especially and dangerously towards the broken ones and animals.

On most occasions, she has a placid,good temperament and wouldn't even frown even if you straightforwardly insulted her.But if you happen to stumble upon a day when she has lost her belongings, or maybe a too sunny and hot day, she will not hesitate to hex,jinx and/or curse you for the rest of the day.

Sophie prefers light-ly sunny and rainy weather, she eschews a tropically heated day out.She's snappy and will cut you into little pieces with her sass on those days. She loves her half-kneazle cat, Candy, and reading by the window seat of the Commonroom and the armchair by the fireplace. She has a tendency of tucking her hair behind her ear and fumbling with her yellow-diamond amulet when she's nervous. She furrows her brows and quazi-frowns when she's irritated.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
It was hard not to be distracted by the cacophony of clanging silverware and lively conversing students that began to overflood the Great Hall. The Quidditch match earlier had erupted powerful reactions from everyone, especially a certain sore loser who was beating himself up over a game. Sophie was hardly surprised and moved at all, she had woke up with an exploding head and sour mood, she  now had all the emotion of a weary 100-year old stone.

James was covered in muck and dirt from the game and sat right opposite to Sophie, he looked like he won the first prize of a lottery but lost the ticket. She glanced at the boy occasionally with a sympathetic gaze, Sophie had zero-interest in sports, but she felt a little disappointed that Gryfindor lost.
She was about to say something when a blasted fool had bursted out a stupid remark out to every occupant that populated the space with a smug tone.

Sophie immediately noticed that James' gloom and doom and begun to burn with anger and humiliation. It was one thing to upset James, but it was almost idiotic to damage the person's ego. She silently prayed and snickered at the person whose fate would be so dire.

James shot right up from his seat and shouted angrily to the crowd, Sophie mentally encouraged that behaviour although it got quite awkward when everybody was silent and James was the only one standing, Sophie coughed lightly,” Well, you can sit down now.”

→ ABOUT YOU.
Previous Characters (if applicable): None.
How did you find us?: The amazingly wide universe of Google.

Margot Lecuyier

(23/08/2012 at 13:39)
    • View Profile
Hey Sophie!

First things first - we ask that your username be your character's name. I'm happy to change it for you, if you could let me know what you would like it to be! Sophie Rosseau, Sophie L Rosseau, etc.

Thanks!
Mae
t w o r a v e n s i n t h e o l d o a k t r e e
one for you and one for me
b l u e b e l l s i n t h e l a t e d e c e m b e r

I   S E E   S I G N S   N O W   A L L   T H E   T I M E .

Eilidh C. Adler

(23/08/2012 at 13:58)
  • Housekeeper
  • C11D7T7S7
    • View Profile
Sorry, I didn't know about that earlier. :) I'd like it to be Sophie L. Rosseau. Thanks a lot!

* Meriwether Throckmorton

(23/08/2012 at 22:58)
  • Ravenclaw House Ghost
    • View Profile

Miss Rosseau,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has been accepted.

Term begins 01 September. Currently, students have gathered at the Summer Campus. Your admission is joint for both the school and the summer campus, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Regards,

Ghost of Ravenclaw
No light, no light in your bright blue eyes-
I never knew daylight could be so violent!

● ● ●

Tags: