We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Owen Stevens  (Read 870 times)

Owen Stevens

(29/03/2012 at 22:45)
  • Pub Singer
  • C5D4T6S5
    • View Profile

THE BASICS
Name: Owen Stevens

Former Character's Name (if you had one):

CHARACTER DETAILS
House Request: Despite both of his parents, just as their parents before them, were Griffindors, Owen was rather calm and steady, he likes to think before he acts. He searches for new aspects of learning everywhere he goes, spending a long period of time with his focus fixated inside a book. Owen also has a slightly more cheeky side and even though he comes across as a shy person, he is completely the opposite around the people he trusts. This could point towards the Ravenclaw house, which in Owen's mind, wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Year: 
5th/6th Year.

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength:
Charms

Magical Weakness:
Divination

Biography:

Mother: Claryssa Stevens - Pureblood - 39
Father: Peter Stevens - Pureblood - 40

-no siblings-

Owen Alexander Stevens was born in the small villiage of Hulme Walfield in the North West of England. His parents, Peter and Claryssa, married 6 years prior to this, marrying in the muggle way. Their Victorian-looking house was built by Peter's ancestors in the 1890's and is still a landmarked building in many muggle communities, often reffered to as 'The Stevens' Manor'. Living in such a peaceful and isolated area gave Claryssa and Peter the environment that they needed, in which, they could perform magic, without risk of exposure.

As Owen grew up, Peter and Claryssa were worried. For some reason, Owen was not showing any signs of any magical properties at all, leading Claryssa to fall into a fit of depression, fearing that she had produced a squib. Luckily, a few months later, Owen's magic started to shine through. By the time he was 5 years old, his favourite pass-time was to sit in the garden and use magic to make the flowers grow. Claryssa and Peter found their son to be a charming young boy and were hoping that one day he would attend Hogwarts, just as they had.

In the passing years, Owen's interests no longer lay in the garden, he now liked to take refuge in the library, searching for information on the histories of the Wizarding World and of magic itself. He loved to seek out a history book to read and would often finish them in a maximum of 2 days. In one sentence; Owen adored the histories of magic. The unknown was just a maze to him, it wasn't a scary place if you knew what you were looking for.

A month prior to his 11th birthday, Owen received a letter declaring him eligible for a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He was so excited to actually go to the school and learn more about the histories that he loved so much and even more so, the things he was always too young to understand.

With his new pet owl; Sugar and his books, robes and wand; unicorn hair, 6.5 inches, fairly springy, he kissed his mother's cheek and hugged his father on platform nine and three quarters and boarded the 'Hogwarts Express' and began his journey to his new school. On arrival, he had already made friends with some of the new students that he'd shared a carriage with.

During his 2nd, 3rd and 4th years he had already been branded as a possible 'O' student in Charms, Ancient Runes and Transfiguration but had never understood Divination. All the talk of omens and auras was in his opinion; "A load of rubbish."

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Owen hated Muggle Studies as soon as he entered the classroom in his 3rd year. Why would he want to learn about automo-whatsits anyway?.

Personality:
As much as he hates to admit it, Owen has an irrational fear of spiders. They make him squirm and if one was to come within a metre of him, he'd be out of his chair in record speed, screaming like a madman. Owen also has one more fear, his other fear is rejection; he loves to make friends but is afraid that his sexual orientation might jeopardise this when dealing with male friends.
On a good day, Owen is bright and cheery, he is polite and never questions anything that is asked of him, whereas on a bad day, he couldn't be more of the opposite. He won't talk to anyone, even if they have nothing to do with the problem, all anyone will receive is the cold shoulder.

Appearance:
Owen is a natural blonde but has dyed his hair so many times that the pigment has permanently changed to a medium brown colour. He has hazel eyes which have gold specks dotted around the iris. He is about 6,2" in height and is rather skinny but with a hint of muscle. His front teeth buck out slightly when he smiles but he doesn't care: His smile is something that makes him who he is.

SAMPLE ROLEPLAY

Option II:

“Oh, come now!"

Astrid Bixby’s voice carried down the corridor, the tall blonde girl not far behind. Her interviewee – or victim, depending on perspective – turned a corner and she frowned. They were always soelusive when she needed them. Sure, they would talk as if there was no tomorrow during class, but once she actually needed them to say something, they were nowhere to be found. Gryffindors.

Flustered, Astrid stopped in the middle of the corridor and stared, her parchment hanging limply from her hand. She was a good reporter, really, and she always did her best to make sure that everything she wrote was accurate. She glanced down to the quill, eyeing it with disdain. It wasn’t her fault if her quill misquoted. How was she supposed to know? It made for interesting articles, at least, and if she had misquoted the Head Boy last term as saying he had a love for stuffed animals, then that gave him personality. Astrid sighed.

A pout formed on her lips as she turned away, discouraged. The corridor was mercifully empty, though the doors to The Spellbound – the school newspaper – were ominously closed. Corbridge was a mercifully sweet editor, but Astrid was terrified of disappointing her all the same. She hadto come back with quotes.
Her eyes, blue, trailed her surroundings before choosing a new path, and she turned down a new corridor. A figure was ahead, and her eyes lit up, an impossibly rosy smile blossoming across her lips.

“Hey!” Astrid called, her voice light and singsong. She trotted to catch the person, her shoes clicking on the stone floor. “Wait up! It’s for the paper!” Her legs aided her admittedly poor running, and Astrid gasped as she came closer. “What do you think about serving frog legs at lunch? Some say it’s a delicacy, but others think it’s plain gross.”

Sample Roleplay Response:

Owen turned on his heel as he heard the call from behind him, seeing a flustered girl that he knew to be Astrid Brixby. He thought for a moment about the question that Astrid had just put forward, before giving her his answer.

" I think that a healthy interest in foreign cuisine is quite good for the diet. Frog legs are a very risky choice though, I'd have said something more along the lines of Chouquettes. Chouquettes are basically pastry balls with plum and sugar cubes. Frogs legs will get some people in the mood for trying foreign foods but it could scare others away, whereas, this is just a simple dessert that isn't too sweet but ,also, isn't too bitter. Now I have really got to go to Transfiguration, I have an essay to hand in, I hope you got what you needed! Bye!"

I then turned back to where I was originally headed and bolted down the corridor, hoping and praying that my encounter with Astrid hadn't earned me detention.

Optional: I found this site on Facebook and with my love for Harry Potter role play, decided to try it out.

Elizabeth Birch-Hurst

(31/03/2012 at 23:51)
  • Britain's Most Wanted
    • View Profile

Mr Stevens,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has been accepted.

Term begins 01 May. Currently, students have gathered at the Summer Campus. Your admission is joint for both the school and the summer campus, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Regards,
Deputy Headmistress

Tags: