Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: September Trealdy Application  (Read 657 times)

September Trealdy

(20/10/2012 at 11:56)
  • Freshman
  • C4D3T5S4
    • View Profile

Application for Salem Institute

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: September Trealdy

Birthday: 12 September

Hometown: Plymouth, MA

Bloodline: Pureblood
Muggleborn / Halfblood / Pureblood / Unknown

Magical Strength (pick one): Transfiguration
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one): Divination
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning

Year (pick two): 4th // 5th

Biography:
The room was immensely decorated in shades of pink. I could feel the fuzzy contents of my dream, slowly creeping at the edges. But I tried to focus on the room. The walls were baby pink. As I swept my gaze all throughout the room, I could see that it was made for a toddler. On one corner there was a box overflowing with toys and a small piano, and in another, I could see a rocking chair waiting to be sit upon. The white door slowly opened and a brunette couple went in. I tried to concentrate on their faces but as they get nearer, I felt the pull of the dream as it awakens me.

September woke up sweating as her dream ended. Her dreams were still the same ever since she could remember. It was always some part of a house, but mostly it was the pink bedroom. She inferred that the scenes came from one big house. From the contents of her dreams, September knew it was some big house. A mansion. Unlike their house. She couldn’t fathom the meaning of these dreams, couldn’t decipher where they came from and how they came to be. She couldn’t help but feel that these dreams are somehow connected to her.

“Ember, honey, help me with breakfast.” The sweet voice of her mother poured in, arousing her from her sleep. She’s the eldest girl in the family and her mother always turned for her help. Markeus, her older brother, was the helping type, but when it came to food, he would just let the girls handle it.

“Yes, mom.”

Tying her hair, September slowly went out of the bed as she prepared for the day. she splashed water unto her face in the little basin near her bed. She got out of her nightwear and pulled on a beige dress.

A curtain separated her room from her sisters’ room. She, together with Marke, mounted it up when she was fifteen and needed the privacy. Markeus and Tristan have their own room, while September, and the twins Isolde and Leighla have another with only a curtain in between. Her mother was the only one with a stable job with Marke helping one way or another. Her father had died when she was younger. From the measly salary of her mother and the here-not-here salary of Marke, they could barely get along.

“Hey, sweet peas,” She cooed her sisters in waking up. “Time to wake up and help mom.” Ember rocked them slowly back and forth as they slowly wake up. They were only seven but they were already helping around the household. September also helps around the house during summertime when she’s home. She plants different vegetables and fruits which she sells in the market. She makes a small income out of these which half she gives to her mom and half of it she saves for future emergencies.

She bounded down the stairs as she was certain that the twins were already awake and that Tristan was helping Markeus till the field. The two boys were helping her this summer with her vegetables and fruits.

"Dear, the requirements for this term are already here.” Her mom stated when she saw her. Another year in Salem starts in two weeks and she has to gather up her saved income to purchase the needed items. Thank Merlin she was the only one going to school. Marke had to stop and help her mom and Tristan still has two years until he gets old enough to attend Salem.

September could still remember the morning when the acceptance letter from Salem arrived. She was planting corn when she heard Tristan shout her name as he came to hand her said letter. Marke was so proud he gave her his own diary (which he never wrote upon). Tristan and the twins pulled together their resources and bought her a new elegant quill. She couldn’t believe that she’s also a witch. Sure her mom and Markeus were magical, but she still doubted if she’s magical to ever get accepted to Salem. She had saved up to be able to attend and now that the school itself is calling her, she wouldn’t decline.

Back to the present, she faced her mom and answered, “I think my savings are good enough for another year, mom.”

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

Society Request: Pawn // Knight

Personality: A seemingly quiet girl, she is often mistaken as easy to manipulate and to insult. But she is far from that. Inside this serene facade is a fighter waiting to come out. September likes to keep her comments and opinions to herself, but when she does, expect to be criticized.  She is feminine and dainty but somewhat sporty. Being the eldest girl in the family, she is independent and helpful. September likes to keep things to herself and does not readily share what she feels. She isn't much of a social butterfly but the friends that she has are true and loyal. She may seem delicate, but she is a tough gal.

Appearance: A small town girl, with a lively face. September is often seen wearing a dress and flat shoes with her shoulder length brunette hair tied up in a ponytail. Her eloquent gray eyes are what set her apart from her family with blackish-brown eyes. 5'5 in height, she's a pretty average looking girl.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
It was the start of term again and September is very eager to learn new stuff. Life at the countryside is so much different than the city. Truth be told, she’d rather be a citizen of Boston than a small town girl of Plymouth. Of course she loves Plymouth, but it doesn’t  give her the thrill being in the city gives her.

Back in the present, she had been given a research report on the Muggle-American Civil war and she was to be paired up with a classmate – Simon. Loner Simon. Non-talkative Simon who keeps to himself. September’s not really close with her but she could feel Simon not enjoying this assignment. She sighed. She’d just have to make do with him then.

September felt at home in the library. Being unfortunate, September was not used to being able to access so many books. The Salem library housed so many that September would be often found there hunched in a corner reading the works of Shakespeare, Homer, and Keats.

She was already making a draft of what she would like to include in the report when Simon said, “How about I write the essay and stuff? You can just put your name on it. Sound good?”

Of course it was no good to September. She wasn’t used to just sitting around and expecting people to work for her. No. She also wanted to make a report or at the most contribute to the making of it. Merlin knows hard work reaps more.

In a calm voice, September answered, “How about I’d write something here, you’d write something there, and see how we could incorporate the two.”

She hoped Simon wouldn’t argue further.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable): My character is already retired. (Azrael Gabrille)

How did you find us?: Facebook. :)

* J.Q. Winchester

(20/10/2012 at 18:13)
  • President, Salem Institute
    • View Profile
Dear Miss Trealdy,

We are pleased to inform you that your application to Salem Institute has been accepted. Please report to Ms. Lenore Bixby in Admissions (Main Hall, Room 206) at your earliest convenience. Currently, it is winter in our universe, and we recommend bringing appropriate attire for the climate as well as your necessary coursebooks.

Cordially,

J.Q. Winchester
President, Salem Institute

Tags: