We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Were Squibs moved back in time during the Time Warp?  (Read 1088 times)

Thalia Brookes

(04/08/2014 at 02:35)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D2T0S1
    • View Profile
Were they moved back to the 1930's with the rest of the magical world? Or not, because they have no magical ability?

Just editing my bio, and wanted to double check. Thanks :)

* Anneka Ivanova

(04/08/2014 at 15:20)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Hi Thalia!

It's entirely up to you if you want to have a squib be moved back.

If they were in a magical area at the time (e.g. Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, etc), they were probably moved back. But if they were in a purely Muggle area, it's possible they could've been left behind with the Muggles.

But again, it's your choice. :)
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Newton MacDonald

(09/08/2014 at 20:57)
  • Adult
  • C15D5T10S9
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Related Question: are squibs defined as completely non-magical; or is there detectable magic, only so small it can't really be utilized?

I imagine there are some squibs out there that, on a good day and with thorough concentration, might be able to conjure up enough magical energy to warm a piece of bread (but not toast it).  Like trying to power your XBox with a AAA battery.

Robert Oliveroot

(09/08/2014 at 21:06)
  • Expert of Magical and Mundane Plants
  • C18D10T20S13
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Donor
    • View Profile
I'm going to take straight from canon for that question, and say no.

Squibs are considered Wizard-born Muggles, so they would be born without any magic.

A Squib, also known as a wizard-born, is a non-magical person who is born to magical parents. Squibs are, in essence, 'wizard-born Muggles.' They are rare and are looked upon with a degree of disdain by some witches and wizards, particularly pure-bloods. Muggle-born witches and wizards are descended from Squibs who married Muggles; the magical ability unexpectedly resurfaces after many generations.
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you

Tags: