Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Andy Wagner for Professor! (Again!)  (Read 617 times)

Andrea Wommack

(08/04/2020 at 22:09)
  • Wand-for-Hire
  • C16D9T23S14
    • View Profile

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character name: Andromeda Wagner (Previous Accepted Professor App))

Previous and/or Current Character(s) if applicable: Adrian Alric and co.

Character age: 31; August 20th, 1928

Character education: Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Faked) [Actual Certificate comes from the MACUSA Department of Wizarding Education, or DEWEY.]

Strength and weaknesses (details please):

Physical description: She stands at 5'5, weighing 120 pds. She has long, sleek hair that, while previously encompassing any color of the rainbow she chose, was now permanently transfigured to a sharp shade of blue. Her father was wizard of prominent European stock while her mother was a muggle dancer of Afro-Brazilian descent. She has an athletic figure, tan skin, thin features, almond eyes, and a menacing thick-lipped smile that is part mischief and part mayhem with little else in between.

Personality (nice, rude, funny etc. Paragraph please.): Red-alert survival instincts, cultivated out of necessity, has warped what could have been a normal, fun-loving gal into the person she is now. She's brash, outspoken, ultimately jaded, and always suspicious for what someone's angle is. Her sweetness is a facade; it's sincerity usually reserved for non-humans, though she does approach her students aloofly and her co-workers indifferently. It's far easier to play the role of the fool, in her mind, than for anyone to actually expect anything from you.

If she does come to trust you and call you friend, be warned that she can get overbearing. By overbearing, it could be a literal thing where she jumps on your back because she's tired of walking. Or whining about the smallest of things. She remains had always felt like it was perpetually stuck at the age of nine, where her life seemingly forced her to grow up and fend for herself and her childish personality is symptomatic of that inner struggle at being ripped out of a normal childhood. However, now on the wrong side of thirty, there is a more somber shade of her soul that has matured much of her mentality-- as has much of what she's experienced the last two years.

Hopes and dreams. Why are you teaching at Hogwarts?: This is the third time Andy has applied to teach at Hogwarts. The first had been out of desperation, where she wanted to continue living a similar life to the one she had in Ilvermorny but seemingly distraught on how to do that. It had been ever-rewarding; a life spent making googly-eyes at professors, berating children, and taking care of magical creatures that were very dear to her. The second had seen her following her years of anxiousness and escapism, one that had her leave originally to run away with a road-faring carnival, to return with her most creative idea for instructing a lesson plan catered to her interests and experiences. That one hadn't been accepted and it left her moving forward in a different direction.

Now, she returns for a third time far more confident in her abilities and aspirations. She's delved into the well of magic and could see possibilities not thought before, especially when molded into modern muggle technology. She wants the position at Hogwarts because she knows she can do it and has her own ulterior motives, after hearing rumors of the constant turmoil leaking out of there, to add some stability to a place she once held dear. For any others...

Biography (500 words minimum. There is never such a thing as too much.):

Two years didn't feel like a long time.

--------

February 1957

"It was you, wasn't it?" The tone she took, not only one of accusation but one rarely heard in the presence of the man being addressed, was taken as refreshing for his old ears. He did not smile, for that would be too giving. Instead, he lifted his mug and took another sip of steaming coffee.

"You did this. Brought me to this. Here." He wasn't alone, of course. She should know that. A quick glance beyond her and a shake of his head let the two guards continue to be simply a part of the background. He had this firmly under control, as he did with all things. She would lose her bluster soon enough. Silver eyes lifted from his glass to level her with a chilling gaze, aiming at the chair in front for her to sit down. It only took four seconds before she moved to his will.

"You hold me in too high regard to blame me for, whatever it is you wish to blame me for," he replied coolly. He already knew what she was referring to. Andromeda Wagner had been left to her own devices, outside of his sphere of making things possible, and found that it was not as easy a world to exist in. She'd failed to find not only purpose, but meaning. The desperation in her voice, the degree in which she would be so brash towards him, spoke to her current straights. She was overdue on rent by a month. She had already drifted into sullying her hands in petty theft, an act that assaulted her own sensibilities as it brought her back to a world before she'd been trained. A few weeks left to herself, without guidance, would either put her on a path of cheap criminality or mundane living-- both of which he knew she wouldn't be able to suffer through for long.

"What is it you want?" she asked, arms crossed, stare unblinking, already mentality submitted.

"I was only curious to see how you were faring. I am leaving this sad, gloomy, little island. Lucky for you, it would seem, that I contacted you when I did." As if knowing it was being referenced, the crow resting on his shoulder squawked. He took the time to reach for a cracker, breaking its wrapping between his fingers, and holding it out for the black avian to take.

"I offer you the same deal I did before. Except, this time," he rose from his seat, assisted by the black cane with the metal handle shaped like an predatory bird's head. "There will be no room for anything but your complete adherence." His gaze moved past her, nodding to his two guards, before leaving the table behind. He could hear her footsteps following behind him, flanked by the two he had arrived with. It was only then that he allowed himself to grin.

-------

April 1959

"When d' ye know?" Andy's smile evoked a softness that anyone that knew her would understand was teasing. No matter how trained an expression was, those eyes couldn't hide what she was trying to cover up. It's what generally drew him to her originally, why he thought he could trust her if by that he meant at least knowing she wouldn't be so stupid to do this.

The auror lay on the ground rather helpless. She'd taken his wand and stood over him triumphantly. His robes had been turned into a sticky goo, similar to a spider's web, that had him completely immobilized.

"Brody, you really shouldn't sneak up on a lady like that."

She'd left his face uncovered so he spat on the ground.

"Silly boy. We knew you were playing both sides for a while now. You'll be just the reward I need to give Him to finally get what I want now that I have proof." She held the letter like a handkerchief, waving it at him daintily.

"Next time, try to be honest when dealing with forces greater than you. Everyone likes to get their hands dirty, yet you still don't know when it's time to wash your hands." The blue-haired witch squatted low, forearms resting on her knees, as she planted a kiss on the crown of his head.

"Some of us aren't so lucky to be able to leave this all behind."

SAMPLE ROLEPLAY
(Please respond to to this in third person past tense. Do not write the other characters' reactions. Only your own.)

It was the largest office in Hogwarts and, perhaps to students and newcomers, the most intimidating. The shelves were filled with various odds and ends, with a place of honor for the Sorting Hat, and the walls held all the portraits of past Headmasters and Headmistresses.

In the middle of the room sat a large desk. Everything was in order, for the current occupant had always despised a messy desk. It was the sign of a messy mind, and she had always favored neatness.

A clock sat on the desk, which currently showed the time to be 2:05. The meeting was supposed to begin at 2:00 precisely.

Along with order, Anneka valued punctuality. She was a very busy woman these days. Even during the summer, she had a number of matters to attend to. Interviewing and hiring staff was only of those matters. The newest potential member of her staff wasn't making a good impression.

She paced the room, black heels clicking against the stone floor. When the door finally opened, Anneka turned, her expression reminiscent of a Russian winter. "You are late."

Explain yourself was what her face said.

Roleplay Response:

"I knowwwww," she elongated. A short chuckle escaped her lips, hoping futilely to wear away some of that icy demeanor. Professor Ivanova seldom broke an expression. She was a surly one and Andy figured that she left the... Nordic? woman's mind the moment she left a room and it was only upon seeing her application did it return.

Three times sitting in this seat had lead to thrice arriving a few minutes late and thrice having the headmistress give her the same frigid speech. There was no excuse for it, if there ever even was. Whether it be a ghost or a house elf or straw cat, Andromeda Wagner would always be perpetually behind.

"I can explain but I know it won't do me any good. Suffice it to say, I came very prepared for this. Headmistress, do you know what I've been doing since the last time we spoke?"

Andy's story was an ill-conceived fabrication. She assumed the headmistress understood. If it was true, it broke about seventeen different ministry statutes in the first three minutes. The blue-haired witch liked to think of herself as a gifted storyteller. She wasn't, of course, but she liked to believe it.

"And see, that's why I'd be perfect for the position. I wouldn't be wasting your time if I didn't think I was the right person for the job. There's so much chaos out there in the world. Sometimes, you simply want to delve into the familiar and the safe. Truly, is there a safer place in all the magical world than Hogwarts?"

In addition to posting a completed application in this forum, we also ask that you submit a PM to Anneka Ivanova with details of your class and with the lesson plans for that class (include at least a minimum of 4 lessons). Also, please be sure to check the Available Positions thread located in this forum to make sure the class you want is available before applying.
Shine On All Of Them

Tags: