Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Paula F Klein  (Read 771 times)

Paula F Klein

(30/04/2012 at 22:31)
  • Secretary In Training
  • C10D7T10S8
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
THE BASICS
Name: Paula Klein. I prefer not to be given any nicknames, but was often called "Portly Paul," due to my size and boyish looks.

Secret Phrase: Tibble's beard of power

Former Character's Name (if you had one): N/A

CHARACTER DETAILS
House Request: Hufflepuff
When I become friends with someone, I stand up for them, when needed. Even when some of my friends may be acting weird and trying to fit in with other groups, I don't bad mouth them, since I know they're just trying to figure themselves out. I can't stand that I get made fun of for something I can't really control. That isn't fair. When I grow up, I hope people treat others more equal and just.

Year:  
3rd year.

Bloodline:
Muggleborn

Magical Strength (pick one: Divination, Transfiguration, Charms, Conjuring/Summoning): 
Conjuring/Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one: Divination, Transfiguration, Charms, Conjuring/Summoning): 
Transfiguration

Biography: 
Growing up in Portsmouth, I never really felt like I fit in. I bet you get that a lot. Yeah, I had a few friends, but I always felt ...  different. Obviously when you look at me, I am no super model. I suffer from childhood obesity, although I wouldn't say I'm suffering. I quite enjoy myself. However, some of the meaner kids at school have dubbed me Portly Paul. "Portly," due to my weight and being from Portsmouth. And "Paul," well, because my mum cuts my hair, and it's always a wee bit too short, which tends to make me look like a boy. I would say something, but I don't want to upset her. She seems so fragile sometimes. 

Mum (Virginia) is a loving gal. She has always tried to overcompensate for my pop's lack of attention to me. Usually, she buys me things or bakes me treats, which doesn't help my weight problem. She never really seemed to achieve greatness in her life, and she kind of lives through me. I like her alright. I can talk to her about anything, especially since she is a pretty passive listener. She doesn't like to stir the water, which pop likes. 

Pop (Ernest) works a lot of overtime as a manager of a local market. He doesn't know much about me, but he seems to really enjoy spending time with my older brother, Gene. He also likes football, and I think he despises that mum buys me things a lot. 

Gene is my older brother. He's pretty nice to me; although, he doesn't stand up for me at school. Kids will call me names or just blatantly make fun of me, but he'll just act like he doesn't hear. He plays football, but he's not particularly good at it. I'm also pretty sure he has a crush on a boy. I can't prove that, though. 

Not being from a family familiar with witchcraft, I was utterly surprised when I received my letter. At first, I thought it was a joke that someone from school was playing on me, but then, I realized no one from my school is that clever.  Thankfully, my mum is excited to go shopping with me to get prepared for my new school. Pop isn't really that thrilled. He'll probably have to work, anyway. 

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Please include these sections if they are not addressed in your biography.

Personality:
My favorite food is snack cakes. They're so convenient and sweet to a t. I don't care for spinach and tuna salad. I like to hang out with my friends and enjoy a little bit of gossip, as long as it isn't at my or my friends' expense. On a good day, I can be a bit of a Chatty Charlie, excitable and fun-going. On a bad day, I don't really feel like doing anything. The world seems like it's against me and there's no use in putting in the effort to make it a good day. Normally, I'm a Positive Pat, always seeing the bright side of things. 

Appearance:
I'm a short, hefty girl. My mum used to cut my hair just a bit too short, leaving me looking like a boy in my premature state. I have some low self-esteem and insecurities due to  suffering from childhood obesity, but I'm coming out of that. Some days, I snap back in anger at people who pick on me. Other days, I keep walking, trying to ignore the taunts.

SAMPLE ROLEPLAY
You come across one of these three posts on the site. Please reply to one only as your character would.
*** Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions, not James' or Astrid's. 

Option II:

“Oh, come now!" 

Astrid Bixby’s voice carried down the corridor, the tall blonde girl not far behind. Her interviewee – or victim, depending on perspective – turned a corner and she frowned. They were always soelusive when she needed them. Sure, they would talk as if there was no tomorrow during class, but once she actually needed them to say something, they were nowhere to be found. Gryffindors.

Flustered, Astrid stopped in the middle of the corridor and stared, her parchment hanging limply from her hand. She was a good reporter, really, and she always did her best to make sure that everything she wrote was accurate. She glanced down to the quill, eyeing it with disdain. It wasn’t her fault if her quill misquoted. How was she supposed to know? It made for interesting articles, at least, and if she had misquoted the Head Boy last term as saying he had a love for stuffed animals, then that gave him personality. Astrid sighed. 

A pout formed on her lips as she turned away, discouraged. The corridor was mercifully empty, though the doors to The Spellbound – the school newspaper – were ominously closed. Corbridge was a mercifully sweet editor, but Astrid was terrified of disappointing her all the same. She had to come back with quotes.
Her eyes, blue, trailed her surroundings before choosing a new path, and she turned down a new corridor. A figure was ahead, and her eyes lit up, an impossibly rosy smile blossoming across her lips. 

“Hey!” Astrid called, her voice light and singsong. She trotted to catch the person, her shoes clicking on the stone floor. “Wait up! It’s for the paper!” Her legs aided her admittedly poor running, and Astrid gasped as she came closer. “What do you think about serving frog legs at lunch? Some say it’s a delicacy, but others think it’s plain gross.”

Sample Roleplay Response: Type in your response here.
As she slowly waddled down the corridor, Paula Klein was relishing her third snack of the day, a somewhat melted Mars bar she found in her jacket pocket. She stopped every couple steps to take another bite and recall her prior snacks of the day. She had a Bit O Honey when she woke up, before getting out of bed, and she secretly nibbled on a hunk of cheese in potions class. "That was some ripe cheddar," she said to herself.
“Hey! Wait up! It’s for the paper!”
She heard the click clack of shoes closing in on her and tucked the rest of the candy in her mouth, right quick, accidentally smudging a little chocolate about her lips. Paula turned and looked up and gawked at the skyscraper of a girl.
“What do you think about serving frog legs at lunch? Some say it’s a delicacy, but others think it’s plain gross.”
Paula, finished masticating her latest find before replying, "Frog legs are delicious any time." With that, she turned on her heels and walked off. She had just remembered why she was walking down the hallway in the first place. She was looking for Pippa, Lars, and Sandy to tell them about her idea for their next adventure.

William Lancaster

(30/04/2012 at 22:37)
  • Head of Ravenclaw + Transfiguration Professor
  • C17D14T19S9
  • ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Most Likely to be Involved in a Tragic Transfiguration Accident
    • View Profile
blah blah blah accepted.

Tags: