Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Veronica Angel Cadbury  (Read 832 times)

Veronica Cadbury

(09/12/2015 at 18:13)
  • Third Year
  • C2D1T1S0
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Veronica Cadbury

Birthday: May 4, 1927

Hometown: Alsager, Cheshire

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Conjuring & Summoning

Year (pick two):
First, second
Biography:
Veronica was born on May 4, 1927 to Victor and Angelic Cadbury in their family home in Alsager, Cheshire. She grew up with no siblings due to complications to her mother after Veronica’s birth. At the age of four, Veronica lost her father in a warehouse fire where he had currently been working as a shoe maker because he loved to be among the muggels. After the death of her father, Veronica spent most days with her mother’s parents while her mother went to work in the Wizarding world. Veronica grew up a quiet girl with a love of reading. Her grandmother would read her many stories throughout their days together. After her story time, Veronica would go outside to sit amongst the flowered fields around her grandparent’s house. The time she spent outside made Veronica develop a love for all things nature. As Veronica grew older, her grandfather would take her into the Wizarding world via floo powder to go to Diagon Alley. There they would spend hours looking in the bookstores and candy stores for interesting trinkets. Most nights Veronica spent by the side of her mother as they looked through books about nature together.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Hufflepuff

Personality:
Veronica is a very cheerful girl, though she is shy until you get to know her. She likes to have fun while being very studious. Though Veronica can be around them, she has a huge fear of frogs. She likes to be the one her friends can come to if they are in trouble or need help. Be careful of what you say around Veronica on a bad day though. When she is mad or feels bad she can take the slightest thing the wrong way. Other than those days Veronica is a very laid back and chill person. She likes to read in the library for many hours and walk along the paths outside. You can often catch her humming a tune absentmindedly.
Appearance:
Veronica is a tall girl with small curves. She is not considered to have the normal skinny figure. Her light brown hair falls to the bottom of her shoulder blades with the ends curling slightly. A flower is always found behind her right ear after her walks outside every morning. Veronica has ice blue eyes that sometimes have a hint of dark violet that are framed by long, thick black eyelashes. She has light colored skin, almost icy looking, with a soft shade of pink on her cheeks and her lips. She prides herself in her posture, not slouching when she is around others.
→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.
Option 2:
Veronica jumped slightly, having been caught looking at the fifth year. She was only walking by on her morning walk when she saw the strange boy tromping through the flower garden. It was obvious to her that he was looking for something. She looked down at the small rat in her hand that she had picked up this morning after it had stopped in front of her earlier on.

“I think I found what you are looking for” Veronica quietly murmured as she bent down to let the rodent go back to its rightful owner. She watched the rodent scurry back towards the boy before standing straight again and walking back the way she had came.

A short distance from the garden Veronica bent down to pluck a violet flower from its small stem connected to the ground and place it behind her right ear. “It’s a shame” she thought as she continued on down the path “That boy did not seem to like the flowers”.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have on the site (current and previous):
No other characters
How did you find us?:
Website referral

* Calla Douglass

(09/12/2015 at 19:30)
  • Adult
  • C14D11T27S12
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Hello Veronica! Let me be one of the first to welcome you to Hogwarts-School.net! It's awesome that you found us, we adore new players!

While your application is looking great (although quite sad; poor Veronica losing her father so young), I just have a couple of questions.

I see you are requesting first year, which is awesome! It's great starting from the beginning. Her birth year, however, doesn't fit with our timeline. Since we are currently set in 1946, an eleven year old would have been born in either 1934 or 1935 to be of school age for the beginning of this next school year. In Veronica's case, since her birthday is May 4th, she would have been born in 1935 to currently be eleven. It's nothing major, time moves oddly on the site, I just wanted to make you aware!

Next, in your RP sample, you leave it quite final. On the boards, when RPing with other players, you usually want to continue posting back and forth several times. Having your character walk away doesn't give much for the other person to respond to. Perhaps Veronica blurts out those words on accident while still standing near Hugh? Or maybe she says them on purpose, right to him, because he's trampling the lovely flowers! Whatever you think Veronica might do to keep the interaction going!

If you could just make those few adjustments, please, and re-post the entire, edited application below we'll be happy to take another look at it and get you accepted!

Thank you and welcome!

Calla Douglass
Head of Hufflepuff
I can only give you everything I've got.

Veronica Cadbury

(09/12/2015 at 19:53)
  • Third Year
  • C2D1T1S0
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Thank you so much. Yes I am aware of the mistake of the birth year, I figured out that once I had posted my application. Also I am sorry about the Rp, I thought I was supposed to do a post to end the situation not continue to interact and for that I am very sorry. Below should be the corrected information. Thank you so much again.

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Veronica Angel Cadbury

Birthday: May 4, 1935

Hometown: Alsager, Cheshire

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Conjuring & Summoning

Year (pick two):
First Year or Second Year
Biography:
Veronica was born on May 4, 1927 to Victor and Angelic Cadbury in their family home in Alsager, Cheshire. She grew up with no siblings due to complications to her mother after Veronica’s birth. At the age of four, Veronica lost her father in a warehouse fire where he had currently been working as a shoe maker because he loved to be among the muggels. After the death of her father, Veronica spent most days with her mother’s parents while her mother went to work in the Wizarding world. Veronica grew up a quiet girl with a love of reading. Her grandmother would read her many stories throughout their days together. After her story time, Veronica would go outside to sit amongst the flowered fields around her grandparent’s house. The time she spent outside made Veronica develop a love for all things nature. As Veronica grew older, her grandfather would take her into the Wizarding world via floo powder to go to Diagon Alley. There they would spend hours looking in the bookstores and candy stores for interesting trinkets. Most nights Veronica spent by the side of her mother as they looked through books about nature together.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Hufflepuff

Personality:
Veronica is a very cheerful girl, though she is shy until you get to know her. She likes to have fun while being very studious. Though Veronica can be around them, she has a huge fear of frogs. She likes to be the one her friends can come to if they are in trouble or need help. Be careful of what you say around Veronica on a bad day though. When she is mad or feels bad she can take the slightest thing the wrong way. Other than those days Veronica is a very laid back and chill person. She likes to read in the library for many hours and walk along the paths outside. You can often catch her humming a tune absentmindedly.
Appearance:
Veronica is a tall girl with small curves. She is not considered to have the normal skinny figure. Her light brown hair falls to the bottom of her shoulder blades with the ends curling slightly. A flower is always found behind her right ear after her walks outside every morning. Veronica has ice blue eyes that sometimes have a hint of dark violet that are framed by long, thick black eyelashes. She has light colored skin, almost icy looking, with a soft shade of pink on her cheeks and her lips. She prides herself in her posture, not slouching when she is around others.
→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.
Option 2:
Veronica jumped slightly, having been caught looking at the fifth year. She was only walking by on her morning walk when she saw the strange boy tromping through the flower garden. It was obvious to her that he was looking for something. She looked down at the small rat in her hand that she had picked up this morning after it had stopped in front of her earlier on.

“I think I found what you are looking for” Veronica quietly murmured as she bent down to let the rodant go back to its rightful owner. She watched the rodant scurry back towards the boy before standing straight again. As she looked at the ground around the boy, her face saddened at the sight of the mangled, once beautiful flowers. Veronica looked to the boy in wonder not meaning to say anything. “You don’t seem to like the flowers”. Veronica covered her mouth quickly, wide eyed with embarrassment because of her tongue flying so freely.

This boy probably thinks I am insane she thought to herself after her words. Never had she been so blunt before with anyone. Great way to meet new people V. She sighed and looked back towards the ground liked she wanted to sink into it.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have on the site (current and previous):
No other characters
How did you find us?:
Website referal
Veronica Angel Cadbury

* Calla Douglass

(09/12/2015 at 20:46)
  • Adult
  • C14D11T27S12
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Dear Miss Cadbury,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins 1 January. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies.

Yours sincerely,
Calla Douglass
Head of Hufflepuff
I can only give you everything I've got.

Tags: