Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Phinneas Upright  (Read 908 times)

Phinneas Upright

(09/11/2012 at 21:21)

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Phinneas Upright

Education: 
Hogwarts Graduate

Residence:
London, England

Occupation:**If you are planning to work at St. Mungo's, please fill out the St. Mungo's application here instead.
Aspiring Concert Pianist for the Royal Opera House

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
No

Requested Magic Levels: (see here on how to do this)
If you want levels above the usual 32 total, please read the roleplay instructions carefully upon scrolling down.
  • Charms: 8
  • Transfiguration: 8
  • Divination: 8
  • Summoning: 4
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Simon V. Gaelian, Vincent Gaelian

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Phinneas Upright is the eldest of the 3 Upright sons. Having an air of elegance and grace about him, Phinneas was often the butt of every joke and constantly ridiculed by his peers at Hogwarts. But Phinneas didn’t care. Phinneas didn’t care about anything but his appearance and his wealth; both of which were in pristine condition. It was at age 12 when he first discovered the female anatomy repulsed him. He cared nothing for the gentle curves or supple lips of a girl. But a man was a different story all together. His first affair with a man began when he was 18 with his piano teacher, a considerably older man, but that only made him more capable. Phinneas showed quite promise as a pianist and could play Chopin etudes with barely any effort. Of course the Felix Felicius aided his luck a bit. The man doted on Phinneas greatly, buying him the finest silk and wine and on occasion taking him to the Royal Opera House. To an outsider it would look like nothing more than a grandfather treating his favorite grandson. But the two lovers knew better. Feeling the warm palm on Phinneas’ leg as the overture began had never made him feel more alive… or perhaps it was the wine. No matter. His hair was finely combed, his dress shoes brightly polished and his coat freshly pressed. Alas, however, all good things must come to an end. His lover died in a tragic mishap of swallowing arsenic. How he got the arsenic no one could be sure but Phinneas had the suspicion it may have been his teacher’s jealous, nosy louse of a wife. Phinneas did not attend the funeral but did play the overture to “Faust” quite loudly on his phonograph as homage to their first opera they attended. After staying so long in England, Phinneas grew tired of it all and auditioned to be a concert pianist for the Russian Ballet. He, at first didn’t get the part but after lacing the conductor’s vodka with amorentia, Phinneas soon found himself performing there on a regular basis with steady pay. But once the conductor found Phinneas in bed with the Prima Ballerina’s pas de deux partner, Phinneas was removed from his position immediately and forced to live in his parent’s second hand mansion. With the Royal Opera House piano auditions not too far away, Phinneas is currently in the process of perhaps finding other potions or spells to serve his needs to gain access to the audition.

Roleplay: (If you are requesting Exceptional levels - above 32 total - please respond to the roleplay and questions here instead)
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
Another midnight rendezvous and Phinneas was ready for his own bed for a change. His hair was a bit mussed and he was certain his dress shirt was wrinkled. He holstered his wand inside the pocket of his overcoat and walked tall with a confident stride. He caught sight of himself in the window of a nearby shop and nearly fainted. He looked much more unkempt than he had thought.

No... he thought. This simply will not do.

He took out a silver comb and ran it through his raven locks and opened his flask which kept a beauty tincture and tipped it onto his index finger. He frantially dabbed it underneath his eyes blinking rapidly. Still no use. It was probably not as potent as when he first brewed it. He then reached in and pulled out his ivory face powder.

"This ought to do the trick," he muttered blotting his nose and face until it was matte and pristine. His lips curled as he gave the refelction his best wink. He then heard a small voice behind him. 

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

Phinneas' freshly powdered nose wrinkled at the child. How he hated children... especially little girls. Had it been a strapping young lad, he would have gladly invited him and the disgusting pet home with him. Alas, the girl proved no use to him.

"No... I have nothing for you. Away with you." He shooed her with his perfectly manicured fingers and began to saunter home.

OTHER
How did you find us? Recommendation

« Last Edit: 10/11/2012 at 22:45 by Phinneas Upright »

J. Walsingham

(10/11/2012 at 15:10)
  • Gryffindor House Head
    • View Profile
Hey hey!

Great app - and I know you've been working on this one for a while and it shows. A few things though:

1) We can't have underage sexual activity on these boards (see Site Ratings here), and I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to edit the parts in his biography that refer to him having an affair at age 13.

2) You mentioned in his biography that he was a Slytherin Prefect in his 5th year. Because this site has been around for so long, the Slytherin prefects for when Phinneas would have been a 5th year would have been actual, RPd out characters. Would you mind editing that as well, just so we stay in line with RPd out site past?

Please repost your application as a reply to this thread here, and we'll take another look!

-- Wally.
« Last Edit: 10/11/2012 at 15:13 by J. Walsingham »
{{may you live in interesting times.

Phinneas Upright

(10/11/2012 at 22:43)
Whoops sorry about that. I'll edit it right away. :)

Phineas Malthus

(11/11/2012 at 23:09)
  • Gryffindor House Ghost
    • View Profile
Hi Phinneas! I wasn't sure if you were done editing or not! But just post your application below when it's ready and we'll take another look!

- Phin

Simon V. Gaelian

(12/11/2012 at 00:50)
  • Field Reporter
  • C11 D6 T8 S6
    • View Profile
Hi. Yes I edited it above. I made him 18 at the time of his affair and removed the prefect bit. Please let me know if it's sufficient. Thanks!

Phineas Malthus

(12/11/2012 at 01:28)
  • Gryffindor House Ghost
    • View Profile
Accepted!

Tags: