We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Few Questions  (Read 1075 times)

Davina Blackwood

(24/07/2015 at 19:25)
    • View Profile
So, I've been trying to create my character and work on character history and have hit a snag with my Elsewhere Adult.

How do the 32 points during Elsewhere Adult translate to these levels?

I've currently got
  • Charms: 12
  • Divination: 6
  • Transfiguration: 6
  • Summoning: 10
which is subject to change once I figure this all out.

Will my character automatically have, at minimum, the "adult" level in each subject and these extra points add onto that level or what?

Also, for personal clarification: Time warp sent 1974(What would've been 1975) back to 1937 and the characters have been living with it for 5 years. Yes?

And according to how the school terms are broken down, we have 3 IC years for each OOC year? Or is this only for the school?

Finally, what about people who went back into a time they already existed? Like parents, grandparents, etc? I may have completely missed all this information, but it seems most of the wizarding populous would have a younger version of themselves already in existence at this time period. Were restrictions placed on them to prevent them from meeting their younger selves, etc. I mean, I assume most purebloods kept detailed records of their lineages, so someone shows up claiming to be the daughter of a pureblood man still (possibly) in Hogwarts is kind of...awkward. Do both older and younger versions of these people still exist together and are they able to interact with each other? (Need to know for character creation)

Thanks! Also, I'm sorry if some of these were already answered. I looked everywhere I could think (even though all the questions in this forum), but couldn't find anything.

Davina Blackwood

(25/07/2015 at 09:17)
    • View Profile
Oh, I just thought of a bit of clarification to my Time Warp question: Did all magic-kind slide back 38 years, or just those that existed at the time of the warp (i.e. the slice of 1974). This seems much more likely, now that it's occurred to me (when you get into talk of time, I tend to over-complicate things, so sorry).

Essentially, if you're an old, pure-blood family living in the same house your parents grew up in, you wouldn't encounter younger versions of your mother/father/grandparents, right?

I must have been thinking of it as a time displacement as opposed to a slide.

Estella Ricardus

(25/07/2015 at 12:36)
Hey Davina! (Love the name, by the way!)

I'm not completely sure I'm understanding your first question right so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Using the levels you've provided, with Divination being a six, that chart shows what type of "divining" your character would be capable of. At level six, your character's "danger sense" would allow them to use their sense of smell to detect when something might not be quite right. A level six in Divination also allows the character to see medium colors in a subject's aura. For predicting the future, a level six allows the character to detect if a general area of the future is good or bad. And a level six would allow the character to know exactly where a spirit is, but they cannot see it. A level six would also give a character the abilities of levels one to five.

Basically, you find your Divination level on that chart and then match the letters along that row to descriptions below that chart to know what your character would be capable of.

Again, if that's completely off base, let me know. I'll try to catch you on private chat to discuss it more.

There isn't really a minimum "adult" level because you don't have to take all 32 levels if, perhaps, your character is not particularly good at magic. The main idea is just to keep the levels balanced so that the lowest level is not less than half the highest. Think of 32 levels as what the "average" person would have earned during their years in school.

The time warp did happen right at the start of 1975 and the wizarding world did go back to 1937, however, the current IC year is around June of 1945 so it has been around 8 years since the warp.

Yes, there are 3 IC years to every OOC year. The first three months (January-March, May-July, September-November OOC) would basically be like September-June in real life. The fourth month (April, August, December OOC) is the summer months. Like July and August in real life.

And, yep, you've got that last question right in your second post. The entire magical world (and everything within its borders) "slid" back 38 years. No one will find their younger selves walking around or encounter other relatives suddenly living in their house because those people were on the same backward slide.

Let me know if this answers everything! If you'd like you could send me a personal message to discuss anything as well.

Welcome to the site!

Tags: