Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Erika Niles Application  (Read 893 times)

Erika Marie Niles

(06/04/2012 at 18:12)
  • 3rd Year
  • C4D3T3S2
    • View Profile

THE BASICS
Name: Erika Marie Niles (Nickname: E)

Former Character's Name (if you had one):

CHARACTER DETAILS
House Request:
*** My character would either like Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. Gryffindor because she is brave and protective of others, especially her family. She stands up for what she believes in, even if that means getting in trouble half the time. On the other hand, she would like to be in Hufflepuff because she is nice and not afraid to work hard for something that she wants. She is always loyal to those who earn it, and she never strays from her friend’s side.

Year:3rd year (preferred) or 2nd year

Bloodline:Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one):Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):Conjuring & Summoning

Biography: Erika was born on June 13, 1999. Her mother is a muggle, and her father is a wizard. She has two younger siblings, one boy named Mark and one girl named Lily. They are fraternal twins and are nine years old. Erika’s parents kept magic a secret and sent her and her siblings to public school until Erika got her Hogwarts letter. Then, her parents came out with the truth about magic. Erika was so excited, but then her parents said she would have to live there for the whole school year. Erika’s spirits lowered because she couldn’t be there for her brother and sister, but once she got to Hogwarts, that all faded and was replaced with excitement. Every summer since then, Erika has watched her brother and sister like a hawk, but waiting for the new school year to begin.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Please include these sections if they are not addressed in your biography.

Personality: Strong headed, kind, loving, protective. She has a bit of a temper, but it only comes out when you make her really mad (which is a hard thing to do). She is quick to act, yet thinks it through. She can make you believe that she is fine, when she is really hurt. She is a very nice person, but doesn’t like people who think they are better than others. She hates some foods like liver, beats, broccoli, corn, and green beans. But loves any other food. She is a good friend, but you have to make a good impression on her to become her friend. She will never let you down, and always stand up for you, whether if you are right or wrong.

Appearance: Light brown hair that curls in all of the right places; in the sun it bleaches and looks like it is red (or sometimes just red highlights). She has a light tan that is her natural skin tone. She has an oval shaped face with pink skinny lips. She has radiant, sparkling blue-green eyes. She is 5’1” and 100 lbs. She is an hour-glass figure with skinny, long legs. She is somewhat muscular, but is stronger than she looks.

SAMPLE ROLEPLAY
Option II:

Sample Roleplay Response: Erika turned around and saw a blue eyed girl with blonde hair and a rosy smile. She heard the question and thought for a moment. And without really thinking too hard about her answer, she said, “I think it is plain gross,” Erika’s voice rang out over the empty hall, her cheery, yet boyish voice said, “I think frog legs are meant to stay on the frog, not be eaten.” And with that, Erika walked away.
The thought of frog legs were not stuck in her head. How could anyone cut of a frog’s legs and eat them? Don’t they have any conscience as to how the frog would feel?

Optional: Web search

Theodore Oddsworth

(06/04/2012 at 23:07)
  • Hufflepuff House Ghost
    • View Profile
Hi Erika! Welcome to the site, and thank you for your application! I just noticed a few things that we would need to edit before we can fully accept it though:

• We are an "alternate universe" roleplay, which means we aren't set in modern day times. Currently it is 1973 on our site. Please edit your biography and other information to reflect that. For instance, if your still wanting a third year student, she would have been born in 1960, instead of 1999.
  • For the roleplay response, view it as if you were replying to another roleplayer. You would want to leave something for the other person to reply to: maybe a question, or more dialouge, instead of just walking away. If you could, please edit your response to include something like that for Astrid to hypothetically respond to.

Please make these edits to your application for further consideration. Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

Theo

Erika Marie Niles

(07/04/2012 at 17:18)
  • 3rd Year
  • C4D3T3S2
    • View Profile
So how is this? (this is my whole application again.)

THE BASICS
Name: Erika Marie Niles (Nickname: E)

Former Character's Name (if you had one):

CHARACTER DETAILS
House Request:
*** My character would either like Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. Gryffindor because she is brave and protective of others, especially her family. She stands up for what she believes in, even if that means getting in trouble half the time. On the other hand, she would like to be in Hufflepuff because she is nice and not afraid to work hard for something that she wants. She is always loyal to those who earn it, and she never strays from her friend’s side.

Year: 3rd year (preferred) or 2nd year

Bloodline: Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one): Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):Conjuring & Summoning

Biography: Erika was born on June 13, 1960. Her mother is a muggle, and her father is a wizard. She has two younger siblings, one boy named Mark and one girl named Lily. They are fraternal twins and are nine years old. Erika’s parents kept magic a secret and sent her and her siblings to public school until Erika got her Hogwarts letter. Then, her parents came out with the truth about magic. Erika was so excited, but then her parents said she would have to live there for the whole school year. Erika’s spirits lowered because she couldn’t be there for her brother and sister, but once she got to Hogwarts, that all faded and was replaced with excitement. Every summer since then, Erika has watched her brother and sister like a hawk, but waiting for the new school year to begin.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Please include these sections if they are not addressed in your biography.

Personality: Strong headed, kind, loving, protective. She has a bit of a temper, but it only comes out when you make her really mad (which is a hard thing to do). She is quick to act, yet thinks it through. She can make you believe that she is fine, when she is really hurt. She is a very nice person, but doesn’t like people who think they are better than others. She hates some foods like liver, beats, broccoli, corn, and green beans. But loves any other food. She is a good friend, but you have to make a good impression on her to become her friend. She will never let you down, and always stand up for you, whether if you are right or wrong.

Appearance: Light brown hair that curls in all of the right places; in the sun it bleaches and looks like it is red (or sometimes just red highlights). She has a light tan that is her natural skin tone. She has an oval shaped face with pink skinny lips. She has radiant, sparkling blue-green eyes. She is 5’1” and 100 lbs. She is an hour-glass figure with skinny, long legs. She is somewhat muscular, but is stronger than she looks.

SAMPLE ROLEPLAY
Option II:

Sample Roleplay Response:    Erika turned around and saw a blue eyed girl with blonde hair and a rosy smile. She heard the question and thought for a moment. And without really thinking too hard about her answer, she said, “I think it is plain gross,” Erika’s voice rang out over the empty hall, her cheery, yet boyish voice spoke out as if it was unheard, “I think frog legs are meant to stay on the frog, not be eaten.” And with that, Erika felt herself get a tad sick from even thinking about the frog legs. How could someone just chop of the legs of a frog? Didn’t they think about what frogs do for us? She thought to herself as she watched the girl.
“Oh, I am Erika. Erika Niles.” Erika’s words mashed together somewhat, but it sounded understandable. “I don’t think we have met. What is your name?” Erika asked the girl.

Optional: Web search

Is it ok now? I just didn't know what year it was. Truthfully I didn't even think you guys did that kind of stuff here. (So much to learn, I really have to get busy)

* Anneka Ivanova

(07/04/2012 at 18:06)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile

Miss Niles,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins 01 May. Currently, students have gathered at the Summer Campus for the holiday. You may also wish to visit the Elsewhere board to purchase your school supplies. Both the Summer and Elsewhere boards may be accessed via the Floo Network. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Sincerely,

Slytherin House Head
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: