Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Logan Fetterly  (Read 609 times)

Logan Fetterly

(30/04/2019 at 03:48)
  • Seventh Year
  • C9D6T5S6
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Logan Fetterly

Birthday: April 11, 1940

Hometown: Salem, MA

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Transfiguration

Year (pick two): 6th, 5th

Biography:
It was the day. Everyone bustled around their large, wood-framed house, keeping themselves busy. His father was packing upstairs, mother in the kitchen preparing meals, siblings running around. An almost nostalgic grin formed on Logan's face, before shaking his head. Soon, it would just be him and his father in London - the latter had taken a diplomatic posting with the English Ministry for Magic.

Logan's reasons for going were far more complex. In part, it was due to the bustle of his family, and having his mom work at the school he attended. To his family, he told them it was because he wanted to pursue a Quidditch career, and there was little chance of that coming out of the Quodpot-obsessed Salem. As the captain of the intermuriel Quidditch team, he had led them to victory in the annual Salem/Ilvermorny 'derby' for the last two years. That was not the term Logan would have used, but he needed to get used to British slang sometime.

Though, what the Brits would think of his American accent, he wasn't sure. Maybe he would drop a 'y'all' every once and a while to see if they'd notice how strange it sounded coming from someone from Massachusetts.

His own reasons though were a combination of the two, but also something he did not fully understand. It didn't worry him though: not much did, and since it seemed the right thing to do he went ahead and did it. The clammer upstairs had stopped, and Logan slipped the notebook, filled with a combination of doodles and tactics, into his pocket before heading over to the stairs.

He knew, though he was no Seer, what would happen next. His mother would fuss over him, brushing his hair. He would give a grimace, though acquiesce. Maybe protest a little about him being too old. His father would make his way downstairs with a trunk that wouldn't fit in the Floo to New York, before heading upstairs to grab something he forgot.

That future-nostalgic smile returned to his face for a moment. It would be the last time any of that happened, at least for a long while.

Then, it was off for something new.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Sparklypoo Any

Personality:
Languid would be a good word to describe Logan. He leaps into action if it is needed, but is fine to let go-getters jump forward and take charge. He is laid back and relaxed, and is generally friendly to most people, even if it carries an edge of sarcasm.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character. Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions, not Evangeline's or Hugh's.

Option I:

Why did a school even have a dungeons. Sure, it would make sense if they had used them to incarcerate students, though a better word to describe the dank tunnels would be 'basement.' Why Brits had to be so melodramatic about their naming conventions, Logan could not say.

What he did know was that it was a very odd place for a swimming pool. Really. why not put it at the top of the tower? Make the wall transparent, and be swimming in the clouds? Think of the view - or, maybe more accurately, the disorientation, diving to the bottom of the pool and seeing the Forbidden Forest stretching out into eternity through the wall?

Sometimes, he felt that Hogwarts had some missed opportunities.

"Hello! Is Emma Birch here?"

The shout came from what sounded like a tiny girl, and he was right. Emma Birch was a name he had heard before. A girl who had died before he was even thinking of Quidditch, of magic, of anything, really. The fact that her name had persisted so long was a testiment to the legacy of the war, which had lasted much longer here than back home.

"No, I am not." His reply was friendly, though his accent may have surprised her more than he intended. Most Brits were utterly lost when they heard an American accent. "Are you trying to find her?"

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have  on the site (current and previous):
Tobi / Aeth / Nora / Vincent / Frank / Zina / Rosemary / Goldie / Lillian

How did you find us?:
Yes

* Anneka Ivanova

(30/04/2019 at 11:54)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile

Mr Fetterly,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins 1 May 2019. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Sincerely,

Headmistress
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: