We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Benjamin Orellana Jr. | Elsewhere Child  (Read 343 times)

* Benjamin Orellana Jr.

(30/05/2022 at 17:14)
  • Slytherin '70
  • C11D8T6S10
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name:  Benjamin Orellana Jr.

Bloodline:  Halfblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?):
Father is Benjamin Orellana Sr.
Mother is Ninon Orellana nee Dubois.
Both are currently not played characters.

Residence:
Chelsea, London, England

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
No

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Dienne Orellana

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Benji is full of chaos, action, and movement.  Since a young age, he's been the impulsive hothead of his siblings, leading them like lambs to slaughter in whatever chaos he was creating.  His little sister, Dienne, may have made sure to steer Benji and Judi in a responsible, respectable manner so the Orellana siblings wouldn't get ejected from whatever playdate they were at, but Benji has always been the ringleader of adventure for whatever crew he's been running.  Judi may be a future cruel dictator, but Benji will rule the world one day.  Benji grew up as the oldest child of Benjamin Sr., a wizard, and Ninon Orellana, a Muggle.  He had a happy, untraumatic childhood, and knew he was a wizard from a very young age.  There were only so many times a bloke could levitate a table or explode a kitchen sink when he lost his temper before the hint sunk in.  How his twisted, lying personality grew from the loving embrace of his parents and family is anyone's guess, but it's the drive to do more and become great that trumps any temptation to be true.

Benji has relished his magic, and his involvement with the magical world.  His constant mission is grow his hustle.  Beneath the friendly, charismatic demeanour, the endless dares and arrogant humor, lies a wicked boy who will do anything, try anything, to get what he needs done.  He has been the despot in Muggle primary school, ruining school lives of those that would dare bully his little sister.  He has spread lies, rumors, and gossip, ranging from completely harmless and extremely painful, to watch his chess pieces fall across the board.  Studying at Hogwarts during the school year, Slytherin house is a match made in heaven for him.  Benji Orellana is on a quest to get what he wants and will make use of anyone in order to build his army to do it.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:

"You're slower than a pigeon, man!  It's called flying, not floating!"  Benji Orellana cried, laughing far too loudly as he zoomed ahead of the other two boys on their broomsticks, the snitch they were chasing just a flicker of gold in the yellow sunlight.  Benji had been flying on brooms since he could walk, so deeply seated in his blood was love of flight.  Regularly soaking in the pride and joy of his Quidditch coach father didn't hurt a bit either, especially when he'd been gifted a hand-me-down well-functioning broom just that summer as an award for passing his second year at Hogwarts.  Flying circles around these kids just kept stroking the hot blood and confidence of this dark-haired, dark-eye boy.

"John, I said wait up!" came a squeal from a small scrap of being on the ground below them.

"Mate, your sister is like a loud little piglet.  Oink oink," Benji smirked at John, intentionally trying to rile the other boy up.  Looking down at Dienne sitting on a bench absently sewing, and his other sister playing in the sandbox, Benji pulled hard on his broom to loop back and slow closer to the ground to check on the squealing small girl.  He was getting bored of chasing the tiny snitch anyway when the competition was so sad anyway.  The girl looked to be barking at a random person, and Benji couldn't resisting gliding over to stir up the pot.

"I wouldn't if I were you, bud," Benji drawled at the person Janey was addressing.  He twiddled his fingers smugly at little Janey.  "Janey here likes to cheat a ton, don'tcha Janey?"  His dark eyes glimmered wickedly behind his raised eyebrows.

OTHER
How did you find us? Google!

Calypso Ross

(11/06/2022 at 18:34)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Hi Benjamin,

Your application looks good so far, there's just a couple of things we'll need you to edit before we can get you accepted.

Firstly, you mention that Slytherin is a perfect match for Benjamin in your biography. Although we try to give everyone their choice of house, this isn't always possible, as we need to also ensure we have a relatively even number of characters per house. We always advise that players do not reference houses in their biographies or posts when creating an Elsewhere-only student because this can create conflicting narratives if they later choose to play the character as a played student on the castle board and the character is placed in a different house. You don't have to change this in his biography, but I thought I should flag this to you for awareness now to avoid any disappointment or frustration with conflicting narratives later down the line.

Secondly, although your RP sample response is really creative and fun to read, we would ask that the RP sample is treated in the same vein as an open thread with a player you may not be familiar with, where your character doesn't have a detailed prior relationship with any of the characters involved. This is because we often use the RP sample to help understand whether a player might have issues with powerplaying other characters and enable us to correct/adjust any powerplaying tendencies.

I appreciate that you are already an established player with no prior history of powerplaying, but in the interests of ensuring that we are consistent with our processing of applications, I'd be grateful if you could rewrite the response as though Benji does not have a prior relationship with the other characters in the sample. Apologies for any inconvenience caused!

For awareness, the admin team are working to produce some guidance to add to the top of the RP sample to make this clearer for future applicants, as we appreciate it isn't currently clear.

Once you've made the required change, please repost your entire revised application below and we'll be more than happy to take another look. Thanks!
look out! look out!
'CAUSE EACH TIME I FALL
I'LL BE CRASHING DOWN
RIGHT THROUGH YOUR ARMS

* Benjamin Orellana Jr.

(11/06/2022 at 18:52)
  • Slytherin '70
  • C11D8T6S10
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name:  Benjamin Orellana Jr.

Bloodline:  Halfblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?):
Father is Benjamin Orellana Sr.
Mother is Ninon Orellana nee Dubois.
Both are currently not played characters.

Residence:
Chelsea, London, England

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
No

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Dienne Orellana

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Benji is full of chaos, action, and movement.  Since a young age, he's been the impulsive hothead of his siblings, leading them like lambs to slaughter in whatever chaos he was creating.  His little sister, Dienne, may have made sure to steer Benji and Judi in a responsible, respectable manner so the Orellana siblings wouldn't get ejected from whatever playdate they were at, but Benji has always been the ringleader of adventure for whatever crew he's been running.  Judi may be a future cruel dictator, but Benji will rule the world one day.  Benji grew up as the oldest child of Benjamin Sr., a wizard, and Ninon Orellana, a Muggle.  He had a happy, untraumatic childhood, and knew he was a wizard from a very young age.  There were only so many times a bloke could levitate a table or explode a kitchen sink when he lost his temper before the hint sunk in.  How his twisted, lying personality grew from the loving embrace of his parents and family is anyone's guess, but it's the drive to do more and become great that trumps any temptation to be true.

Benji has relished his magic, and his involvement with the magical world.  His constant mission is grow his hustle.  Beneath the friendly, charismatic demeanour, the endless dares and arrogant humor, lies a wicked boy who will do anything, try anything, to get what he needs done.  He has been the despot in Muggle primary school, ruining school lives of those that would dare bully his little sister.  He has spread lies, rumors, and gossip, ranging from completely harmless and extremely painful, to watch his chess pieces fall across the board.  Studying at Hogwarts during the school year, Benji Orellana is on an endless quest to get what he wants and will make use of anyone in order to build his army to do it.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:

"John, I said wait up!"

Benjamin Orellana Jr. lurched up from his bench, comic book sliding off his face along with a trail of accompanying drool.  "Huh--wh--m'names not John--" Benji blinked blearily in the direction of the voice, spying a tiny girl riding a broom that was better off being used to sweep floors for all the distance it cleared.  But she hadn't been addressing him.  A glance at the sky past the three boys overhead told him he'd been at the park long past the time he'd told his Mum he'd be back.  Benji groaned, then stretched long limbs high in the air, cracking his neck.

A nap in the sun had been the best idea ever.  Granted, he'd been avoiding chores and dodging his Mum's nagging, but he'd blame the nice weather on his need to play truant.  With another stretching groan in pleasure, Benji swung his legs off the bench he'd been lying on to plant firm in the ground.  He stared at the dirt as if it would clear the cobwebs away from whatever schemes he needed to concoct in his mind.

"You!  ...Do you want to play?"

Looking up, Benji squinted at the tiny barking girl then grinned.  "Sure," he said slowly, looking from her to the toy broom it looked like she'd stuffed into the earth.  "But are we riding your doohickey or big kid brooms?  Cause, I've got mine back here."  He gestured a thumb behind the bench to his hand-me-down but well-functioning broom leaning against the back.  "And it's wicked."

OTHER
How did you find us? Google!

Calypso Ross

(28/06/2022 at 19:38)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Accepted!

G
Daring, Determination, Drive

Tags: