We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Dienne Orellana | Elsewhere Child  (Read 382 times)

* Dienne Orellana

(08/03/2022 at 23:39)
  • Seventh Year
  • C17D11T17S15
  • Player of the Week Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name:  Dienne Orellana

Age: (0-16 years only. If your character is 17 or older, please fill out the Elsewhere Adult application instead!)  11 years old

Bloodline:  Halfblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?):
Benjamin and Ninon Orellana (not currently played)

Residence:
Chelsea, London, England

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
No

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
None

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Dienne is the definition of a side character.  She is no hot-headed protagonist, nor crybaby damsel in distress.  She has no tragic backstory to contribute dark clouds and lightning to her personality.  She is not the intelligent heroine of a romance novel, nor the brave hero in a fantasy adventure. 

She is the middle child to a wizard who met his Muggle wife by being bestmates with her Muggle-born wizard brother.  Ben and Ninon Orellana have a healthy marriage which includes the weekly row and the monthly empty threats to abandon eachother, followed by lovely dancing flowers to the wife and dinners for the husband in which dessert is always a homemade cake in the (poor) shape of a snitch.  Her Quidditch coaching father always appreciates the gesture, since her mother enjoys baking but declares that Quidditch in no way trumps Football.  They live together in a regular house in Chelsea, and venture overseas every few years to visit their relatives in France and Spain.

Dienne grew up in this normal household, trying to carve out her place between a hot-headed, impulsive brother, and a younger sister who could very well rule the world one day.  She was not big on creating lasting friendships in school, mainly due to her friends gravitating towards her more dynamic (Why don't you play with us, Dienne?) and interesting (Dienne, you're too boring to be around!) siblings once she brought them home to visit.  Instead, Dienne focused on bonding with her housewife mother who would indulge her middle child's penchant of picking up anything interesting and constantly wanting to learn.  Her father would appreciate the hobby as well; though Dienne never showed interest in Quidditch, she would curl up with her father on late evenings and ask many questions about magic, flying, how things worked, and more while her father listened to the radio and gave her as much information to prepare her for the magical world as possible.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
"... What?"  Dark eyes widened over knees pulled up against a chest which held a wrinkled bit of cloth with loose strings unable to detach themselves from the well worn fuzzy shirt they clung to.  The wielder of cloth and needle gave a slow blink, letting dark eyelashes brush over round cheeks and sunken eyes, as she looked over this girl with her toy broom and sparking blue eyes.  "No?"  Dienne answered in mild confusion.  She had been intent on her task and had made a point to sit on a bench as far from other strangers as possible.  How did this girl find her?  And it was rather rude to be singled out so loudly!  Dienne took a quick glance around the park to see if they had attracted the attention of other kids.  The last thing Dienne wanted was to be pulled into any sort of group activity.

"I can't.  I'm watching my sister."  Dienne pointed out, gesturing with a pinky on the hand that held a needle and thread, towards a (dreaded) group of primary school-aged kids (if primary school could be understood by the young magic-bound kids found in this park) huddled around a sand pit.  Her younger sister, blonde and demanding, appeared to be leading whatever investigation was occurring.  Dark haired, quiet Dienne eyed her gesturing, dictator sibling and her minions with some apprehension.  Dienne would likely find out if whatever interested them was dangerous sooner or later.

"Keep playing with my brother and his friends.  You don't need me."  Dienne further clarified.  She pointed the pinky over to the three boys on their broomsticks chasing after the snitch.  Her older brother was supposed to be watching Dienne and their sister.  Unfortunately, that did not usually happen.  Hence why Dienne was practicing embroidering a used towel as she hoped neither of  her siblings would require it to mop out blood or mud.

OTHER
How did you find us?  Found through Google!

Marina Lamont

(16/03/2022 at 14:46)
  • Marine Magizoologist
  • C14D8T16S10
  • ['48-'49] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Accepted! Welcome to HSNet!
I put my armour on, show you how strong I am
I put my armour on, I'll show you that I am
— I'm unstoppable

Tags: