We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Rosalina Rivera  (Read 919 times)

Rosalinda Rivera

(11/02/2012 at 19:20)

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Rosalinda Rivera

Education: 
A Purebloods only school in Spain, Class of '72

Residence:
London

If possible, I'd love her to work at St Mungo's in the Magical Psychology Department

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (example St Mungo's, the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
St Mungo's, Magical Psychology Dep.

Requested Magic Levels:
  • Charms: 8
  • Transfiguration: 5
  • Divination: 11
  • Summoning: 8
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
N/A

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Kaitlyn O'Sullivan etc.

Special Phrase: Tibbles Beard of Power

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
August 1972

Rosalinda had made her mind up. She was not staying here any longer. No matter how much anyone told her that she couldn’t handle anything by herself. No matter how many people said she was ruining her whole life. And dishonouring her family. Rosalinda didn’t care. Their family had already been dishonoured enough, with the antics of her four much older brothers. They should be the ones in trouble. Not her.

So she sat on her cold bed, packing her clothes into her newly brought trunk. She paused when glancing at her school uniform, and had a vision of herself burning it but knew that wasn’t the most ethical thing to do. She had learnt lots there, even if it wasn’t useful.

“Rosa”

Her eyes followed the sound until she met the eyes of the voice.

“Carlos”

A soft smile crossed her face. She preferred Carlos out of all her brothers. Maybe it was because he was the closest in age to her, eighteen years older.

“I hear you’re leaving”

She nodded at him, a determined expression on her face. “You’ve been to England, what’s it like?”

“Rosa, I need to tell you something”

Ignoring questions, that was never a good sign.

“Please sit” she said, nodding at the small chair on the other side of the room. The chair had not been used in a while and Carlos had to brush the dust from it. She stared at her brother, trying to predict what he had to say.

“I want to find my children”

She gave him a confused look, though she knew what he was talking about. Rosalinda often pretended that she didn’t understand so people wouldn’t over-estimate her.

“Lucas and --”

“No not them!”

Slightly taken aback by his sharp tone, she glanced out the window and tried to daydream, she never did because her mind was to focused to do things like that, but Rosalinda was amused by human behaviour.

“Rosa, I mean it!”

She supressed a smirk before turning back to her much older brother with an honest expression on her face. It was not common knowledge around the House of Rivera that there were actually three extra Rivera’s that few knew about. But that was the least of it, two of them were half-bloods! It was scandalous, ridiculous but extremely intriguing for Rosalinda.

If Carlos had gotten away with forever tarnishing the Rivera blood, then she could get away with anything, in theory. In practice she would probably be blamed for many things that weren’t her doing. After all, she was the person who ended to blessing of Male heirs.

“So you want me to find them?” she asked, taking hold of her notebook and glancing over the edge at her brother’s guilt ridden face. “Are you sure they’re all in England?”

“Positive” he said firmly, “Evangeline would never leave, and I can’t see Francesca wanting to leave either. And as for Monica --” he shrugged. “You can’t tell with muggles, but I think she’ll still be there”

“But England is a big place, how am I supposed to find three children in the whole of England?”

“Hogwarts”

She shifted uncomfortably, Rosalinda wished she could have attended Hogwarts, but Mother would never trust a little girl overseas. She nodded before handing him her notebook.

“Names?”

She watched her brother scribble them down before taking the notebook from him. Noelle Richard, Denise O’Sullivan, Zariah Daniels. Her nieces who were nearly as old as she was.

“I’ll try” she said resuming back to her packing. “But it might take sometime”

“I understand”

“Will Lucas and Leon be attending Hogwarts?”

“Maybe”

One word answers. The conversation was ending, but Rosalinda didn’t mind. She still had lots to do before she left. Carlos rose from his seat and headed towards the door. Rosa knew this was her last chance to tell.

“I think you should tell Genoveva”

She froze, awaiting his reply, wondering what horrific words would come out of his mouth. She was always shouted at when she expressed her opinion, especially from her parents and Professors.

“I will”

Well that was a shock. She had thought Carlos was too scared to tell his wife that he had three other children that were never talked about and were living far away in England.

And with that Carlos left his sister to pack her things and Rosalinda had never felt more determined in her life.

She was going to England.

She would find her nieces.

And she was going to live a better life.

For Definite.

ROLEPLAY
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
Rosalinda’s English had improved drastically since she had arrived here in England. But there was still a lot to get used to being in such a confusing country.

So she enjoyed just wondering around the place, observing the people and taking notes on their behaviour, similar to what she did when she was still at school. Though Rosalinda was trying to remove that period of her life from her memory, because it was possible with the muggle science she was trying to understand more about.

She scribbled down her notes on the people around her, also trying to pick up words and add them to her newly found vocabulary. But just as she was taking a note on one of the other people in the room she felt someone pulling on her clothing. Pulling on clothing, she scratched down.

She turned to face the puller, a tiny girl with a scared expression on her small face. Rosalinda lowered her notebook and stared at the girl confused.

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home. He misses my and his mommy."

What? Rosalina stared at the girl, trying to pick up on the words that she was saying. Why did she have to speak so fast?

“Friend” she said softly to the small child wondering what to say next. She had understood most of what the girl had said. Lost, dark, scared, eat, home, Mommy. She flinched at the word ‘Mommy’, once again trying to condition her mind not to think about those things.

“Would you like some help – dear?” she said softly, not wanting to leave the poor child by herself. Children shouldn’t be left alone, like she was.

* Kaitlyn OSullivan

(11/02/2012 at 20:25)
  • Auror - Critical Response Taskforce
  • C10D10T12S10
    • View Profile
Ah. Just realised my spelling mistake in the title, her name is RosalinDa. Silly Me :/

Professor Tibble

(13/02/2012 at 21:45)
  • C/S Professor
    • View Profile
Accepted.
"You threw the manual into a supernova? Why?."

"Because I disagreed with it. Stop talking to me when I'm cross!"

- The Doctor, 'Amy's Choice'

Tags: