Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: James Mann  (Read 923 times)

James Mann

(16/01/2012 at 06:53)
  • Assistant Shopkeeper
  • C9 T8 D8 S7
    • View Profile

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Mann, James.

Education: 
Home schooled for the last few years after moving to England from Salem.

Residence:
Hogsmeade.

Shop keeper when my family needs it, otherwise trouble maker.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (example St Mungo's, the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
I am hoping to take over Honeydukes Sweetshop.

Requested Magic Levels: Open to allow administrators to sort out my magic levels.
  • Charms: Primary
  • Transfiguration: Secondary
  • Divination: Secondary weakness.
  • Summoning: Primary weakness.

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
I would like to be approved to be with my father and mother as they will be living with me at Honeydukes if I am accepted.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
None.

Special Phrase:
Tibbles beard of power

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Born in 1954, I, James Erin Mann, came into existance. Born to Carol Everett, who is only a half-blood, and Richard Mann who is a pure-blood, they both believe that only having pure-bloods in the wizarding world will end up diluting the wizard population and in a few short years the wizarding population will die out. I have grown up believing this to be true as well and I will, hopefully, one day continue the Mann line with either a half-blood or even a muggle born.

Growing up an only child has been a lonely life, however, it has allowed me to get whatever my heart has desired. This made me grow spoiled for a few years, thinking I was entitled to everything. Mother and father fixed this quickly and now I only believe that I am better then people I first meet however, when I get to know them, I can be very friendly towards them.

Born and raised in Salem, I entered the wizarding school unsure of most people as growing up as an only child I had to find a way to fit in. That was giving children free candy that my parents had made in their small little candy shop. Through the years, the candy got more popular as did I and my parent's candy shop. While living in Salem, my parents and I got the reputation of making the best candy in Salem and the surrounding area, so when they went to London on a business trip one year, they met the owners of Honeydukes who then asked them to take over when they would retire.

When I turned 15 the retirement of the Honeyduke owners happened and father and mother picked us up and moved us from Salem and to London and home schooled me for the last few years of my school life. Those last few years of living in Hogsmeade were the best years as I got to know many people in the small town as well as some of the Hogwarts students and professors on their trips into town.

ROLEPLAY
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
The room was full of his family friends from Salem and those whom his parents did frequent business with and the party was in full swing when the door of the shop opened, the small bell above jingling as a small girl tumbled into the brightly lit building and the room full of adults. Tilting his head at this young girl, he noticed the little puffskein she was holding and chuckled a little, no doubt a young witch who had somehow managed to find herself away from her parents.

He sipped at the sparkling wine he held before putting it down and crossing his arms, still intruiged by the girl who was in the shop. That's when she walked up to him and blurted out what she wanted and needed and shoved the puffskein in his face.

Laughing he looked down at her before he knelt down and nodded, "You're in Hogsmeade little one, and as for Sambundeakin, I'm sure we can find something for both him and you to eat, if you're willing to come to the kitchen and warm up while I make you a little something to eat."

Taking her by the hand, he led her to the kitchen where he propped her up on a stool and went about making her and the custard-colored puffskein something to eat. When James was finished, he placed it in front of the girl and took a seat across from her, "How did you end up here? And where are your parents? I can try to get a hold of them through the floo network, that way they can come and pick you up."

James folded his hands under his chin and looked at the little girl, wondering who she was and how she had ended up down the smaller street in Hogsmeade, all by herself and at such a late hour. He also wanted to get her parents and let them know that she was safe. He wanted to make her feel better.

SHOPKEEPER QUESTIONS
Answer these questions only if you are applying to be a shopkeeper as well.

Shop name: Honeydukes.
Shop Description (200 words minimum): Honeydukes Sweetshop is one of the most famous wizarding confectioneries in the world. It sells wizarding sweets of all descriptions, including Chocolate Frogs, Liquorice Wands, Pepper Imps, Chocoballs, Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, Fizzing Whizzbees, Drooble’s Best Blowing Gum, Toothflossing Stringmints, Ice Mice, Cockroach Clusters, Jelly Slugs, Blood Lollipops, Acid Pops and Sugar Quills, among others. They also sell creamy chunks of nougat, shimmering pink squares of coconut ice, fat, honey-coloured toffees, and hundreds of different kinds of chocolate.
The owners live in a flat above the shop. There is a trapdoor in the cellar of Honeydukes, which connects to a secret passage which leads to a statue of a one-eyed witch on the third floor of Hogwarts.

What purpose will this shop serve other than selling things and being the home of your character? Why would people want to RP there just for fun?
First and foremost, it is a candy shop and I will give away free candy to students I deem worthy. I am also a bit of a party boy. When my parents are out of town on business buying new ingredients and finding new people to buy candy from I host parties in the flat above the shop, and with the secret passage way, it allows for easy access (when opened and allowed) for the students to come and party without being caught by the professors or other shop keepers.

Professor Tibble

(17/01/2012 at 07:05)
  • C/S Professor
    • View Profile
Accepted.
« Last Edit: 17/01/2012 at 07:41 by Professor Tibble »
"If we're going to die - let's die looking like a Peruvian folk band."

- Amy Pond, 'Amy's Choice'

Tags: