We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Brooke Lynn Harris  (Read 784 times)

Brooke Lynn Harris

(15/01/2012 at 22:58)

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Brooke Lynn Harris

Education: 
Currently attending Beauxbatons

Residence:
Diagon Alley – In an apartment above her dad’s animal clinic/pet shop.

Student

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (example St Mungo's, the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
No

Requested Magic Levels:
  • Charms: 4
  • Transfiguration: 5
  • Divination: 3
  • Summoning: 4
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Yes, Austin Harris

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Aubrey Rousseau, Irina Drake, Austin Harris(pending)

Special Phrase:Tibbles beard of power.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Austin Harris met Charlotte  Davis in the fall of 1955.  It was love at first site, and the two wed in December of 1956 while Austin was serving as an apprentice to Charlotte’s father in his animal clinic.  On April 12, 1958, Austin and Charlotte welcomed their first daughter, Brooke Lynn Harris.

Pureblood, Brooke Lynn grew up knowing the wizarding world.  At a young age, it became apparent that although Brooke had her mother’s good looks, sure had her father’s talent in Transfiguration and Charms as well as his love for animals.  She spent lots of time with her dad and her grandfather at the animal clinic, playing with the animals in the waiting room or who were spending a few days in the clinic.  She often helped with giving baths and/or feeding the animals as well.

Two months before Brooke Lynn turned 11, she became a big sister to Vienna Rae Harris.  She absolutely adored her baby sister, and was sad when she had to leave her to attend Beauxbatons that fall.  She wrote home to her baby sister every day, even though she knew that he sister would not understand her letters.  She didn’t write home to her parents because she knew that would be reading every letter, but she did make sure to tell them how much she loved them all in every letter.

Just before Brooke Lynn’s fourth year at Beauxbatons, Austin and Charlotte decided to move to London to open their own animal clinic/pet shop after years of Austin being in practice with his father-in-law.  At first Brooke Lynn’s parents insisted that she go to Hogwarts so that she would be closer to them.  In the end, she was able to convince them to let her spend her fourth year at Beauxbatons so that she could have a chance to spend one last year with her friends.  She also wanted to be sure she said goodbye to all of her friends, though goodbyes weren’t always forever.  She would still be close to Charlotte’s parents, so family was close by if need.

Brooke Lynn was a bright girl who’s love for academics and animals came from her father, a Ravenclaw himself.  She didn’t have to try hard to get good grades, though if you caught her in her free time she probably had her nose stuck in a book.  Though she loved to read about animals, her most recent fascination was muggle literature.

ROLEPLAY
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
The pet store had just closed for the night.  Brooke Lynn flipped the sign from ‘open’ to ‘closed’ and opened the door to lock it.  She promised her mom that she would lock up so that her mom could go and start dinner.  Just as she was about to shut the door, she heard the voice of a little girl:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

The girl managed to get all of this out without crying, though Brooke Lynn was sure that the girl was using the puffskein’s feelings in place of her own.  None the less, Brooke Lynn replied, “Come on in.  I’ve got just the thing little Sumbundeakin needs.”

Brooke Lynn walked over to the shelf that was home to puffskein treats.  “Here,” Brooke Lynn said, opening the bag and handing some treats to the girl.  “I’m sure that these will do the trick.”  Brooke Lynn folded up the rest of the bag and stuck it in the girls pocket.  “Those are for later. Now come on, let’s go find your mom.”

Brooke Lynn took the girl’s little hand in hers.  The girl couldn’t be much older than her sister.  On the way out of the shop, Brooke Lynn grabbed a lollipop and handed to the girl.  “And this is for you, since you are such a good owner to you puffskein.”  Brooke Lynn gave the girl a smile.  “I’m sure well find your mom soon.”

Off they went.  Brooke Lynn’s mom would understand if she was late for dinner.

SHOPKEEPER QUESTIONS
Answer these questions only if you are applying to be a shopkeeper as well.

Shop name:
Shop Description (200 words minimum):

What purpose will this shop serve other than selling things and being the home of your character? Why would people want to RP there just for fun?

Professor Tibble

(16/01/2012 at 22:13)
  • C/S Professor
    • View Profile
Accepted.
"Ice can burn. Sofas can read. It's a big universe."

- The Doctor, 'Amy's Choice'

Tags: