Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Scoot Chevalier  (Read 1276 times)

Scoot Chevalier

(06/12/2011 at 07:56)
  • C12D6T7S7
    • View Profile
Character Name: Scoot Chevalier
Secret Phrase:  Tibbles beard of power?

Education: Salem Institute, [1959-1962], Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, [1962-1966, Ravenclaw]

Community Applying To: London, Hogsmeade, and I may request permission for a thread in the Forbidden Forest during the Castle term, but we'll see what happens.

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason? (family etc): Scoot's related to various people. Ellwood-Luxes, Gales, Tamalscas, Chants, Thatchers, etc.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (example St Mungo's, Children's Home, the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management? If yes please explain: N/A

Biography: 

It is a beautiful thing to take a life.

There was majesty in it. Art. Power. It was what man was made to do, and anyone who thought any different didn't understand human nature. When you held a man's life in your hands you had absolute control. You were judge, jury and executioner, and when you killed there was nothing more exhilarating. Controlling someone's life was a god-like power, yet few chose to use that power.

Scoot was one of those few.

The woman was just standing there. So fragile. So innocent. So... vulnerable. Her silhouetted figure cast a long shadow over the cobblestones, licking at the building Scoot was standing in. Her back was turned.

It would be so easy. All he had to do was raise his wand and say two words. Scoot licked his lips nervously, and brought a shaking hand up to train his wand on the woman. The tattered remains of his conscience screamed at him urging him not to do it. One question broke through.

How did he get to this point, where he could feel no more emotion for what he was about to do than he would swatting a fly?

Scoot was half disgusted with the question his conscience had come up with. Beings who did not kill never knew true power, never held the knowledge of what it was like. More than anything he wanted that knowledge, and that should be a good enough answer for any conscience to deal with. On a more personal level though -because his conscience would not shut up- he knew the answer, and it pleased him. It was the voices. He'd known he was special when the voices first came to him fourteen years ago. Scoot had no doubt that these voices were from a higher power. They told him things, gave him a mission. A mission to cleanse the world. In the beginning there was a multitude of these voices. Some tempted him. Some encouraged him. A few proclaimed the path of virtue, but these were quickly swallowed by the others. As the years went by less and less of the voices would whisper in his ears, and by the time he was seventeen only one remained. Well, one consistently vocal voice. The Other still lurked in his brain, a heavy, malignant presence that weighed on his every action. Thankfully the Other rarely spoke up, because Scoot had been unable to disobey any of it's commands to date.

The other voice, the vocal voice, had been affectionately named Binky.

Binky was the voice that made him do things. Binky was the voice who'd told him to torture those animals at Salem. Binky was the voice that got him kicked out of Salem and sent to Hogwarts. The snide words would curl through his mind and they would sound wrong at first. How could torturing cats help him on his divine mission? But whenever he followed those instructions it all felt right. And if he hadn't been sent to Hogwarts he wouldn't have heard of Supra Mortalitas.

Supra Mortalitas. He shivered. The other reason his wand was raised on the woman.

A few years into his time at Hogwarts he began to pick up rumors of a secret wizarding group. A group that saw past the limitations placed on them by the Ministry and had realized what wizards could become. The urge to join the group had gripped him almost immediately. How much must they know about magic? How much would they have learnt about wielding magic in it's pure form? More than anything he wanted to know what they knew, learn what they'd learnt. And for once Binky had the same ideas. If anyone, or anything, could help him purify the world, it would be Supra Mortalitas. 

As the years went by he began to pick up more than rumors. Listening in the right places brought him more and more information, and piece by piece he began to build a picture of the group.

And two months ago he discovered the final piece. 

Two hooded figures talking surreptitiously out the back of a pub. A sudden need to go to the toilet. A crazy pigeon distracting them at just the right moment. All these strange -some would say divine- occurrences led to Scoot stumbling across the one thing he needed. The key to entering Supra Mortalitas.

It had only been a few brief words, but in his mind they were more than conclusive. "Supra Mortalitas... Murder... Acceptance to the group..." The fragmented sentences seemed to make one clear conclusion. To enter Supra Mortalitas you had to kill someone. A frustratingly vague instruction, for which someone did he have to kill? A man? A woman? A Muggle? Yet with divine guidance, he would not fail. Could not fail.

This woman was his key to Supra Mortalitas. She represented acceptance into the group and she represented his first step on his mission to cleanse the earth. He'd chosen his target carefully. A middle-aged witch, a half blood who'd been tainted with filthy Muggle blood already. She was of no importance, in fact she deserved to be killed for carrying around the horrible mudblood taint. He'd observed her for a few days prior, noting the weakness of her magic. She would've put up few defenses that would trouble Scoot, even if the Killing Curse could be stopped.

Scoot took a deep breath. Realigning his wand with her chest, he hissed the words of the spell. Green light flashed out, illuminating the woman's body briefly before it slumped lifeless to the ground.

It is a beautiful thing to take a life.

Sample RP:
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

RESPONSE:

Scoot shivered, wrapping his cloak tighter around himself. Some idiot had thrust the door wide open letting in the cold night air. He couldn't see who it was, which was lucky for them because Binky was whispering Hit them, kick them, Hurt them in the back of his mind. Binky seemed to be getting more irrationally bloodthirsty by the day, though he wasn't questioning the voice's wishes. A divine power, even a demonic one, couldn't be wrong. Maybe sometimes the wishes just needed a little moderation.

Shifting slightly in his chair, Scoot looked down into his drink. The amber liquid was lapping gently at the edges of the tumbler, and his own wavering reflection stared back at him. The sound of someone retching at the back of the bar filled the air and Scoot grimaced, shoving the glass away from him. Drinking had suddenly lost it's appeal.

Raising a trembling hand to wipe the sweat from his brow, he stopped as he felt an insistent tug on his cloak. He glanced across, then downward as he took in the height of his cloak-tugger. A little girl stood there, clutching some filthy fur-ball that seemed to be purring. Out of her mouth spewed a veritable torrent of verbal diarrhea, a neverending sentence that ended with a loud gasp for breath and a final statement.

"He misses my and his mommy."

Her grubby little arms held out the repulsive fur-ball to support her statement, though any fool could see it was the girl who missed her 'mommy', not that vibrating ball of fluff.

Scoot ran the point of his tongue over his lips, then leant down toward the little girl. Yellowing teeth were revealed in a grin that failed to be friendly, and Scoot breathed out, his alcohol tainted breath washing over her face.

"Well, girl, don't you think you'd better go find your mommy? Before anything... nasty happens." He leered at her.

This way was better than Binky's. In the back of his mind he could hear his personal demon screaming out one sentence.

Kill her.

[OOC NOTE: The murder mentioned in the above bio has not yet happened. It is a future murder that will happen IC near the end of the Hangout term. Also, I PM'd Esme on Yuku a while back and I think the killing thing was sorted (please, correct me if I'm wrong Esme). Someone from the SM team was going to contact me, but the PM never came through (not sure if this is Yuku issues or if you guys were too busy with the new site. Which is brilliant by the way :) ) Hopefully the link I've made with SM is okay. PM me if you want more details on anything we've plotted for next term with Scoot or if there's something I need to change. I don't know if you need this, but my other characters on the site are Felix Hartes, David Copper and Iron]
Hey little Mama, who you gonna poison now?
Hey little Papa, who you gonna run to now?
--||--
It's been a long time coming, and now this house is burning down.

Scoot Chevalier

(11/12/2011 at 05:20)
  • C12D6T7S7
    • View Profile
As I can't edit the original post, I will reply with my edit.

The dates for his education are wrong. It should read:

Education: Salem Institute, [1961-1964], Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, [1964-1968, Ravenclaw]

Also, a PM summarising everything has been sent to Tibble.
Strut on by like a king
Telling everybody they know nothing
Long live what you thought you were
Time ain't on your side anymore, anymore

Scoot Chevalier

(05/01/2012 at 22:27)
  • C12D6T7S7
    • View Profile
Re: The new magical levels for adult characters.

Could I please request the following levels for Scoot?

C12D6T7S7

Thank you :)
Hey little Mama, who you gonna poison now?
Hey little Papa, who you gonna run to now?
--||--
It's been a long time coming, and now this house is burning down.

Elizabeth Birch-Hurst

(10/01/2012 at 01:33)
  • Britain's Most Wanted
    • View Profile
Approved.

Scoot, I am sending you a pm. Check you inbox.
"It seems most strange that men should fear,
seeing that death, a necessary end,
will come when it will come."

Tags: