Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Kimberly Macali  (Read 754 times)

Kimberly Macali

(01/12/2012 at 11:01)
  • First Year
  • C1D2T0S1
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

? CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Kimberly "Kym" Macali

Birthday: 31st December

Hometown: London

Bloodline: Half blood; her father is a wizard and her mother is a witch.

Magical Strength (pick one): Divination.

Magical Weakness (pick one): Transfiguration.

Year (pick two): First or second

Biography:
Kym was born just ten minutes before the new year, making her a Capricorn: ambitious, determined, hard-working, helpful, sincere, responsible, and stable. She is her parents' second, and youngest, child, she has an older brother called Matthew who isn't a wizard. Kym and Matthew have always been great friends, even though they've had their fights, like all siblings do. The fights have only made their bond stronger and Kym's skin thicker.

Kym went to a Muggle school before coming to Salem Institute. This was to ensure that she knows how Muggles live and that she wouldn't end up harboring any kind of hatred towards them. Her parents wouldn't want their only daughter to become anti-Muggle. They've done their best to raise her child into a good girl, and they think they've managed rather well. Kym doesn't start trouble, she doesn't behave irresponsibly, and she doesn't pick fights.

She has always been average in quite about everything, except sports and music. In sports, she's awful; in music, she's great. She wants to excel in everything, but often finds it impossible to.

Kym dreams about becoming a celebrity. Then again, every single eleven-year-old girl dreams about becoming a celebrity, don't they? But Kym is certain she will make it. She believes she can sing and act. We'll see what happens.

? ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Kym wants to be a Gryffindor, but I feel she's more like a Ravenclaw.

Personality: Kym is a good girl. She behaves well and talks in a gentle tone even when angry. She doesn't swear often -- only when she feels it's an absolute necessary, and even then the words she uses are not too strong. She feels that swear words and the word "very" show either laziness or poor vocabulary, and Kym isn't lazy, and she takes great pride in her vocabulary. Despite being good and gentle she doesn't allow anyone to walk over her. She has had Matthew to help her grow a thicker skin, and so she'll kindly but sternly tell anyone that they're doing the wrong thing.

Somewhere beneath all the kindness and softness, Kym nevertheless boils. Perhaps she will fully explode once she reaches puberty?

Appearance: Kym is tall and lanky for her age. During the past year, she has grown out of the childlike chubbiness, and she's now in the akward phase where she's no longer a child but not yet a teenager. Her hips are boyish and narrow, and she doesn't have any breasts to speak of. She's on the brink of puberty.

She has a dirty blonde, rather long hair, and blue eyes. She thinks she looks a bit too ordinary. Not ugly, but ordinary, which is even worse in Kym's opinion. If you're particularly ugly, everyone will remember you, but if you're just ordinary, no one will pay attention to you. Which is why Kym does her best to excel in everything she does.

? SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to the Sample Roleplay below.
Kym couldn't have cared less about Quidditch. But everyone else and their mother and their mother's cat seemed to care. Seriously, she couldn't see the appeal. Flying balls and people flying their brooms like madmen, there just was nothing interesting about it. During Quidditch games Kym got some studying done -- she couldn't focus properly if she wasn't completely alone, and she needed to focus a lot. She wanted awesome grades -- no, even awesome wasn't great enough, she wanted the best in everything -- and she seemed to be a total dunderhead. She had nearly failed her Transfiguration exam despite studying until it felt like her head was going to fall off. How stupid could one person be?

She walked towards the Great Hall after she heard some students get back from the game. She didn't bother asking how it went -- she really didn't care, and besides, they would tell her if it was anything spectacular. The moment she heard the victory chanters of the table she did not expect, her interest was, however, slightly piqued. Something had gone wrong, it seemed, as the greatest team ever (as her housemates often said) wasn't the one victory chanting.

A muddy boy stormed out of the Great Hall. She walked towards the boy, who seemed to be the only one in the entire school who could probably form a coherent sentence (everyone else was too into chanting or giggling or just being confused). But before she could open her mouth, the boy turned around and yelled at her. Kym was confused. Had she done something to the boy? She blushed, and bit her lip.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... offend you. I have no idea what happened. Can you enlighten me?" she asked. She felt like it was necessary to add a reason for not knowing what happened when it clearly was something huge, so she did so, "I was in the common room studying during the game, and now everyone seems to be absolutely excited or completely mad because of the results. Why's that?"

Kym pretended not to see the tears in the boy's eyes. She didn't feel like comforting a boy she didn't even know, so it was a lot easier for her to just pretend the tears weren't there. She hoped the boy wouldn't yell at her anymore.

? ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable): None.

How did you find us?: Google.

« Last Edit: 01/12/2012 at 11:03 by Kimberly Macali »

Margot Lecuyier

(01/12/2012 at 14:15)
    • View Profile
Hi Kym! Welcome to HS.net.

Your application looks great, just a few questions:

We recently experienced a time warp, in which all of our characters alive in 1975 were pulled back in time to 1937 - permanently. Anyone who wasn't magical was left in 1975, which would include Kym's brother. How is she adjusting to this change? Did it affect her personality? You can find more information about that here.

In your biography, you say that Kym was enrolled in Salem Institute - did you intend to apply to Salem? Otherwise, why is she coming to Hogwarts?

If you could re-post your application with this information included, we'll be glad to take another look!

Thanks,
Mae

Kimberly Macali

(01/12/2012 at 14:25)
  • First Year
  • C1D2T0S1
    • View Profile
Here's the revisited application! I was supposed to apply to Salem at first and apparently had missed the bit about Salem Institute - oopsie! Well, it should be fixed now. Sorry!

Application for Hogwarts School

? CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Kimberly "Kym" Macali

Birthday: 31st December

Hometown: London

Bloodline: Half blood; her father is a wizard and her mother is a muggle.

Magical Strength (pick one): Divination.

Magical Weakness (pick one): Transfiguration.

Year (pick two): First or second

Biography:
Kym was born just ten minutes before the new year, making her a Capricorn: ambitious, determined, hard-working, helpful, sincere, responsible, and stable. She is her parents' second, and youngest, child, she has an older brother called Matthew who isn't a wizard. Kym and Matthew have always been great friends, even though they've had their fights, like all siblings do. The fights have only made their bond stronger and Kym's skin thicker.

Kym went to a Muggle school before coming to Hogwarts. This was to ensure that she knows how Muggles live and that she wouldn't end up harboring any kind of hatred towards them. Her parents wouldn't want their only daughter to become anti-Muggle. They've done their best to raise her child into a good girl, and they think they've managed rather well. Kym doesn't start trouble, she doesn't behave irresponsibly, and she doesn't pick fights.

She has always been average in quite about everything, except sports and music. In sports, she's awful; in music, she's great. She wants to excel in everything, but often finds it impossible to.

Kym dreams about becoming a celebrity. Then again, every single eleven-year-old girl dreams about becoming a celebrity, don't they? But Kym is certain she will make it. She believes she can sing and act. We'll see what happens.

And the time-warp? Well, Kym's pretty torn apart. She lost half of her family: her beloved mother, and her beloved brother, plus a great number of relatives. Kym's extended family has always kept close tabs on each other. Having been transported away from all those people is a personal tragedy for Kym.

It takes away some of her ambition and kind of kills her spirit a bit. Not enough to make her "half dead", but enough to keep her from fully dreaming about being a celebrity. She will continue to dream, but she no longer feels like it is bound to happen.

? ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Kym wants to be a Gryffindor, but I feel she's more like a Ravenclaw.

Personality: Kym is a good girl. She behaves well and talks in a gentle tone even when angry. She doesn't swear often -- only when she feels it's an absolute necessary, and even then the words she uses are not too strong. She feels that swear words and the word "very" show either laziness or poor vocabulary, and Kym isn't lazy, and she takes great pride in her vocabulary. Despite being good and gentle she doesn't allow anyone to walk over her. She has had Matthew to help her grow a thicker skin, and so she'll kindly but sternly tell anyone that they're doing the wrong thing.

Somewhere beneath all the kindness and softness, Kym nevertheless boils. Perhaps she will fully explode once she reaches puberty?

Because of the time warp and the heartache caused by it, Kym's boiling has subsided a bit. She has became more lifeless, more dull. Perhaps the boiling will come back eventually.

Appearance: Kym is tall and lanky for her age. During the past year, she has grown out of the childlike chubbiness, and she's now in the akward phase where she's no longer a child but not yet a teenager. Her hips are boyish and narrow, and she doesn't have any breasts to speak of. She's on the brink of puberty.

She has a dirty blonde, rather long hair, and blue eyes. She thinks she looks a bit too ordinary. Not ugly, but ordinary, which is even worse in Kym's opinion. If you're particularly ugly, everyone will remember you, but if you're just ordinary, no one will pay attention to you. Which is why Kym does her best to excel in everything she does.

? SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to the Sample Roleplay below.
Kym couldn't have cared less about Quidditch. But everyone else and their mother and their mother's cat seemed to care. Seriously, she couldn't see the appeal. Flying balls and people flying their brooms like madmen, there just was nothing interesting about it. During Quidditch games Kym got some studying done -- she couldn't focus properly if she wasn't completely alone, and she needed to focus a lot. She wanted awesome grades -- no, even awesome wasn't great enough, she wanted the best in everything -- and she seemed to be a total dunderhead. She had nearly failed her Transfiguration exam despite studying until it felt like her head was going to fall off. How stupid could one person be?

She walked towards the Great Hall after she heard some students get back from the game. She didn't bother asking how it went -- she really didn't care, and besides, they would tell her if it was anything spectacular. The moment she heard the victory chanters of the table she did not expect, her interest was, however, slightly piqued. Something had gone wrong, it seemed, as the greatest team ever (as her housemates often said) wasn't the one victory chanting.

A muddy boy stormed out of the Great Hall. She walked towards the boy, who seemed to be the only one in the entire school who could probably form a coherent sentence (everyone else was too into chanting or giggling or just being confused). But before she could open her mouth, the boy turned around and yelled at her. Kym was confused. Had she done something to the boy? She blushed, and bit her lip.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... offend you. I have no idea what happened. Can you enlighten me?" she asked. She felt like it was necessary to add a reason for not knowing what happened when it clearly was something huge, so she did so, "I was in the common room studying during the game, and now everyone seems to be absolutely excited or completely mad because of the results. Why's that?"

Kym pretended not to see the tears in the boy's eyes. She didn't feel like comforting a boy she didn't even know, so it was a lot easier for her to just pretend the tears weren't there. She hoped the boy wouldn't yell at her anymore.

? ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable): None.

How did you find us?: Google.

Margot Lecuyier

(01/12/2012 at 14:29)
    • View Profile

Miss Macali,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School has been accepted.

Term begins 01 January 2013. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Regards,
t w o r a v e n s i n t h e o l d o a k t r e e
one for you and one for me
b l u e b e l l s i n t h e l a t e d e c e m b e r

I   S E E   S I G N S   N O W   A L L   T H E   T I M E .

Tags: