We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Vivianne Marlowe  (Read 612 times)

Vivianne Marlowe

(31/12/2013 at 15:02)
  • Sixth Year
  • C7D5T4S6
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Vivianne Marlowe

Birthday: March 15, 1925

Hometown:Kent, England

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Transfiguration

Year (pick two): 5th (preferably)/4th

Biography:

She appeared distracted, as others would usually find her to be.

Vivianne would beg to differ, however - it was a facade. Her whims and fancies were as capricious as the wind, they change with time and Merlin help those who try to keep up with her. She had been, in actual fact, working on a trick up under her sleeve. Viv wondered about its effectiveness - it's only worked on Mrs. Hodgens so far...

She stood in front of a full-length mirror, staring at her reflection wistfully. The girl was clutching two dresses to her chest, both in pastel hues, the styles and fabric currently believed to be very ‘in’ at the moment. The new term was just around the corner, and Viv had, on a whim (naturally), decided that they ought to go out for a shopping spree. New clothes, new shoes and new hats, oh the hats!

The grin that had slipped on to her lips had disappeared as quickly as it had come. She was here in a very posh boutique with nobody but a timid maid for a chaperone. Said maid was currently hiding in a corner, as if the wall of shopping bags and boxes wasn't inconspicuous enough.

As per usual, Elsa would not be coaxed from her books and whatever strange contraptions she would be tinkering with that day, and Lewis, while she would have appreciated his fine taste and critical eye, had been kept back for a talking to by Mama. Furthermore, Viv couldn’t possibly put up with Papa’s silent brooding and scheming.

She would’ve normally asked for some of her friends to keep her company, but she reckoned they’d be focused more on themselves than her.

“Oh, they both look so beautiful on me.” Viv did a little twirl in front of the mirror, her dark waves slapping her rosy cheeks. The Madame with the pointy nose sitting primly in a corner nodded her head - she’d been waiting on the young miss for almost 2 hours now. Her patience must be running thin.

“And so they do, Miss Marlowe. Which will it be, then?”

“Hmm…” She made a show of comparing the two dresses, pouting at the mirror, swishing the dresses this way and that. In truth, she wanted them both, but Mama would never give her that sort of allowance. She couldn't possibly have them both at the price of one, could she?

“They both look so wonderful, I can’t decide! It’s sad I can only buy one,” She sighed, a little too loudly, and made a show of putting those dresses away.

“Perhaps, Madame, I should browse through your exquisite collection one more time to see if anything catches my fancy...”

“Oh, no! You will do no such thing. I-I mean...” The Madame appeared vexed but it was apparent that she was trying not to be, after all - she couldn’t lose a valuable customer, even an indecisive one at that. Still, she couldn’t possibly wait for the girl to look through her collection for another hour! Merlin, she had other customers to attend to. It would most certainly cause a pinch in her pocket but was waiting for another hour or two truly worth it?

“How about this, young lady... You take both dresses and just... pay them for the price of one.”

Viv bit her lips, grey eyes widening, her brows furrowed downwards. She was the very picture of uncertainty.

“Are you quite sure…? If you could only give me one more hou-” Without another word, Madame promptly took both dresses from the girl and placed them on the counter, wrapping them in paper before depositing them into their respective boxes.

“Of course, with such marvellous choices, it’s only natural to be uncertain, yes?” Madame tittered, her smile pulled tight on her cheeks. Viv was not uncertain, she just wanted both dresses, but she would not say that now.

“A-Absolutely.”

Madame handed the girl her purchases, hastily shooing her out of the boutique.

Once out of the shop, Viv turned to her poor maid, clapping triumphantly as she offered the girl a cheery smile.

“That went rather well, don’t you think?”

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Slytherin

Personality: She is inherently buoyant and as her name suggests, vivacious. She is very loud and talkative, and more often than not, influencing those around her to be persuaded into tagging along with her whims and fancies - which can be unpredictable and rather inconsistent. She may not seem to fit into the typical Slytherin stereotype, but she is definitely her father’s daughter.

In many subtle, or not so subtle, ways, she is a cunning young woman at heart, regardless of the fact that she may or may not be very well aware of it. Well-timed theatrics aid her into getting what she wants; blessed abundantly with charm and charisma, Viv often worms her way into the coldest of hearts in the hopes of winning their favour - should they come useful to her in any way, that is.

Appearance: Fair-skinned, 5’2, generally slim, has shoulder-length, wavy brown hair and grey eyes. Puberty did her well, fortunately, as she retains some sort of doll-like youthness in her overall appearance.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.

“See you in Astronomy, darling!” Viv hollered at the retreating figure of her classmate, waving a dainty hand in farewell. The Marlowe girl went on her merry way - in fact, she skipped - her mousy brown hair bouncing against her shoulders in sync with her jaunty gait.

“Hey!”

Vivianne continued her bouncy pace though she did turn slightly, lifting her chin in mild curiosity. A tall blonde was headed her way, her footfalls echoing along the corridor.

“Wait up! It’s for the paper!” The poor girl was clumsily catching up to her, only stopping once they were at an appropriate conversational proximity. As the girl’s face came into view, no name popped into Viv’s ever-sociable headspace, though, she could’ve sworn she had already everybody’s faces and names memorised. Not this one, no. Either she was new or she didn’t belong in any of her social circles. How odd, really.

“Oh, hello!” said Viv brightly, cocking her head to the side, an engaging smile lighting up her face.  The brunette added graciously, “How may I help you today?”

“What do you think about serving frog legs at lunch? Some say it’s a delicacy, but others think it’s plain gross.”

What a strange thing to ask. Was the paper really concerned about the school’s menu? Then again, if it involved frog legs, they must be and if they needed her opinion on things, she would gladly give it.

“I’ve honestly not eaten such a thing before, but I’ve heard - from reliable sources, of course - that it tastes like chicken… and who doesn’t like chicken, anyway?” Vivianne laughed to herself, tucking a wisp of hair behind her ear.

“Is frog legs going to be on this afternoon’s menu? I might just try it.”

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):Vivienne Fortescue.

How did you find us?:Kismet. Nah, all hail the Google cloud.

Theodore Beauchamp

(31/12/2013 at 18:18)
  • Hufflepuff '40
  • C12D19T7S8
  • Superlative Winner - Most Charming
    • View Profile
Miss Marlowe,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School has been accepted. Term begins 01 January, 2014. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Regards,
Theodore Beauchamp,
Head of Hufflepuff House

Tags: