We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Signe Blomgren  (Read 788 times)

Signe Blomgren

(29/12/2013 at 00:29)
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name:
Signe Blomgren

Birthday:
October 31st

Hometown:
Uppsala, Sweden

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Divination

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Transfiguration

Year (pick two):
4th or 3rd

Biography:
Signe Biirgit Blomgren was born on Helloween in Uppsala, Sweden, to pureblood parents named Erik and Astrid. Her childhood was filled with joy and love – being an only child, she had all the attention on herself and never had to share anything with anybody; circumstances which had a pretty big impact on her personality. Ever since the early age, Signe was an intelligent, observant child who often kept to herself – despite having many friends and acquaitances, she loved to play alone, inventing various games and playing different roles to keep herself busy and entertained. Signe had always felt particularly connected to nature and travel – she used to take long walks in the forest with her mother and also had many opportunities to travel the world with her parents, despite her young age. When the time was right for her to start her education, Signe was sent to Norway to attend Gokstad Academy.

However, not everything remained perfect in her life – at the age of 11, Signe developed an eating disorder due to the fact she had been bullied by some of her school colleagues – she was diagnosed with anorexia, which caused her parents to provide her with best possible treatment and eventually change her social environment – they moved to Great Britain and decided to send their daughter to Hogwarts. Signe had mixed feelings about this – in a way, she desperately wanted to get away from her “friends” who caused this, but she was also scared about the new school, new people, and finally, whether or not she would be able to fight her disease. The time she spent in hospital was a slightly traumatizing experience; on one hand, Signe was glad she got the opportunity to get better, but on the other, she was absolutely terrified of gaining weight again and realized it would take some time before her exhausted body started to recover and adapt to food.

Upon their arrival to Britain, Signe found herself in a new, unknown environment, but felt determined to try and get her old life and health back. Despite her young age, she realized how bad her condition was and wanted to stop hurting herself and her parents as well, but as it often goes with these kinds of disorders, it was not always easy and Signe often had to fight and struggle against bad thoughts in her head.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

Astrological Sign:
Scorpio

She is left-handed.

House Request:
Slytherin (preferred), or Ravenclaw

Personality:
Signe Blomgren is quite a personality. Even when she was younger, she came across as a very demanding, bossy, but also a reserved child who was particularly cautious with strangers. It would take some time before she would open up to someone, and nowadays, choosing friends is a very long and complicated process for Signe, especially after experiencing bullying in her previous school. Once she does make friends with someone, once they prove to her she can trust and rely on them, Signe turns into a very sensitive, loyal and devoted friend who would do anything to protect the ones she loves. However, she is extremely possessive and jealous – traits which often get her intro trouble since many people feel as if she is suffocating or limiting them. Signe enjoys reading, learning and studying new things; she is highly ambitious and wants to pursue a successful career once she finishes her studies. She can sometimes be impulsive and fierce and react without thinking. When she senses that a certain person dislikes her or provokes her, Signe immediately creates “a wall” around her and eventually completely excludes the specific person out of her life. On the other hand, if a friend turns his back on Signe or betrays her, he should be prepared for a merciless and cold-blooded revenge, which often comes when the person in question least expects it. As it was already mentioned, Signe is very career and money-oriented, she plans to be powerful and successful and will do whatever it takes to achieve her goals.

Appearance:
Signe is around 175 cm tall and extremely thin – she currently weights around 55 kgs but is determined to gain some more weight to improve her health. Her blonde, straight hair falls down below her shoulders; her face is oval with pale skin and some freckles. One of Signe’s most prominent facial features are her big, piercing blue eyes and long eyebrows. Her lips are full. Signe dresses fashionably and always tries to keep up with latest fashion trends, but is not as obsessed with being in fashion as much as she is with her weight. 

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.

Option 2

”Just enter, for God’s sake, no one is going to eat you! Hell, even if they tried, they’d finish pretty quickly, wouldn’t they?” Signe thought ironically as she made her way through the front doors, her bag over her shoulder. Her blonde hair was tried up in a ponytail and her blue eyes glanced around the corridor as she entered. ”So far, so good – there’s no one around. Seems I’ll be able to make my way towards that Big Hall or whatever it was called all by myself.”

But no. When Signe made another step forward, she heard someone else’s footsteps coming towards her quickly and she raised her eyebrow suspiciously. Just as she was about to turn her back on whoever was approaching, a tall, blonde woman a bit similar to Signe appeared and rushed towards the girl, babbling something about frogs and lunch. Signe’s stomach turned. A perfect topic for an anorexia-treated student – food. “Umm, well… I just arrived… I didn’t even have lunch,” she snapped impolitely. ”And I do not intend to. At least not today.” Signe frowned upon this thought – even if she hadn’t been sick, she highly doubted she’d agree to have frog legs or anything of that sort. ”I wonder what type of food they usually serve here – I hope they have some fruits and vegetables. Frog legs sounds like it contains around a million calories – I knew it was the right thing to carry my kitchen bean balance with me.”

However, in order not to be completely rude to a total stranger, Signe shrugged. “However, even if I had been here for lunch, I most definitely would not eat that. It sounds so gross. They should put more vegetables, fruits and such healthy foods on the menu – ingredients which don’t get you fat,” she frowned. In fact, as far as food is concerned, it was Signe’s most important factor when choosing what to eat – something that wouldn’t make you gain weight. When she was at her worst, this attitude was applicable to basically each and every food she could think of – fruits, vegetables, milk, eggs, whatever. For Signe, it was all poison – and even though she was in a much better condition today, the girl knew she would most definitely have major problems eating frog legs for lunch.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):

How did you find us?:
Google.

« Last Edit: 30/12/2013 at 23:38 by Signe Blomgren »

Theodore Beauchamp

(31/12/2013 at 12:49)
  • Hufflepuff '40
  • C12D19T7S8
  • Superlative Winner - Most Charming
    • View Profile
Hi Signe! Welcome to HS.net.

Your application looks good - but I'm a little worried about the amount to which Signe's character's story focuses on her eating disorder. As you'll know from reading through the rules and the site guidelines, our site is rated as '12'. This means that any content has to be suitable for a child aged 12, and I'm a little worried that, if not handled in a sensitive and appropriate manner, Signe's story could cross that boundary. Please remember that the site is set in 1940 - ideals of beauty were very different and eating disorders weren't as prevalent.

Please adjust Signe's bio and roleplay so that it's not as focused on her eating disorder, and then we'll be happy to review the application again!

Thanks,

Theodore.

Tags: