Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: My Hogwarts Student Application  (Read 641 times)

autumnevergreen

(07/12/2013 at 20:07)

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name:    Autumn Evergreen

Birthday:   November 9th

Hometown: Liverpool, England

Bloodline:
Muggleborn / Halfblood / Pureblood / Unknown      Muggle Born

Magical Strength (pick one):
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning      Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning       Divination

Year (pick two):  3rd or 4th

Biography:
If you are applying to be a first, second, or third year, your biography must be at least one hundred words long.
If you are applying to be a fourth year or above, your biography must be at least three hundred words long.

Hello, I am Autumn Evergreen. I was born in Liverpool, England, to Lucille and George
Evergreen. I was born on November 9th. My parents are both muggles, so receiving a Hogwarts letter was an extremely pleasant surprise. I did a bit of research, and found out that my mum's aunt was a witch, so I guess it skipped a few generations, and then revived. Until age 9, I was homeschooled, learning about whatever it is that my parents wanted me to learn. Afterwards, I attended a small public school. However, now all of that knowledge of muggles is not completely necessary in my magical studies, but I know that it will come in handy in some other way. That's really about it, so you can keep reading the application.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:  Ravenclaw

Personality: Some would say that I'm a crazy lunatic, and other would say that I am as normal as normal can get, according to one's opinion on normal. I have always been intrigued by music, especially the jazz and swing of the time. I am terribly afraid of bees and wasps, and poisonous spiders really scare me. I am not one to conform to a crowd, and I usually stand out. I am not into cliques, and I hate gossip. I find it awful when people talk behind each other's back. I hate bullying, and I always try to stand up to the bully. No matter what, I always want to make my point.  Some of my other hobbies are drawing and writing. I love to draw plants, because plants fascinate me. Above all, my favorite hobby is reading Reading takes me to places that are only remotely possible in stories, and those places seem to come alive in my imagination, and that is one thing I could never live without.

Appearance:  I have long, wavy dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and I wear glasses. I stand 5 foot 2, and have long legs. I am quite skinny, and love to wear high tops. I am not one for skirts, so on a given day, I might be seen wearing jeans and a T-shirt. I also don't like dresses.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.

My eyes widen as James yells at me.
"Sorry, I don't have a camera with me. I only wanted to say that you were fantastic at the game today. Don't worry about what the others say. It was only one mistake. Everybody can make mistakes, and now you know for next time. And please, you are not a loser; the kids that make fun of you are losers. I don't mean to be mean to them, but they are for making fun of you." I walk up to James' side and pat him on the back of his muddy Quidditch jersey. I look into his eyes and smile a toothy grin. 
"Come on James, don't let the others get you down. Go to the common room and change, and then lets go take a walk. I think you could use some cheering up." I squeeze his hand, and turn around. As I turn the corridor, I smile to myself and push my dark brown hair back behind my ears. "I like him. He's sweet."

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):   No previous characters.

How did you find us?:  I love to role-play, even if I'm not a pro at it. I was looking through Google searches of Harry Potter role-play sites, and came across this site! I looked over the rules and guidelines, and decided that this is the perfect site for me! So I'm applying!

Theodore Beauchamp

(08/12/2013 at 00:12)
  • Hufflepuff '40
  • C12D19T7S8
  • Superlative Winner - Most Charming
    • View Profile
Hi Autumn! Welcome to HS.net!

HS.net is written in third person and past tense, so for example:

Hello, I am Autumn Evergreen. I was born in Liverpool, England, to Lucille and George
Evergreen. I was born on November 9th. My parents are both muggles, ...

Would read:

Autumn Evergreen was born in Liverpool, England, to Lucille and George Evergreen on November 9th. Both Lucille and George were muggles ...

Additionally, the year is 1940, and so it wasn't common place for people to wear jeans and high-tops; this fashion emerged in the 1950's for males.

Lastly, in your roleplay response I noticed a touch of powerplaying. Powerplaying is where you make a decision about a character that isn't yours, for example, by touching them - it should be the choice of the other writer as to whether or not their character is touched. Powerplaying is against site rules, so please rewrite your roleplay response to be:

• In third person, past tense
• Void of powerplaying

Please also note that by walking away, you potentially make it difficult for the other writer to reply.

Thanks,

Theo
I would walk five hundred miles
and I would walk five hundred more
Just to be that man who walked a thousand miles
to fall down at your door.

Tags: