We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Harlee Raquel Syri Noble  (Read 1018 times)

Harlee Noble

(14/12/2011 at 01:37)

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Harlee Raquel Syri Noble

Education: 
None.  Her parents have opted not to send her to primary school.

Community Applying To:
Hogsmeade / Diagon Alley / Knockturn Alley

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (example St Mungo's, Children's Home, the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
Childcare at Rose Cottage.

Special Phrase: Tibble’s beard of POWERRR.  Right?

Biography:
Harlee is a very precocious little thing.  She is six going on forty.  She knows everything- how to do everything, how to fix it, you name it.  And she isn't afraid to tell you what she is sure you're doing wrong.  Sometimes this quality is endearing and cute but more often than not, it is annoying and tiresome.  She doesn't get a lot of attention from her parents and never really has so she latches onto any opportunity for adult attention she can garner.

Her parents, Jonathan and Eliana, work a lot.  Her mother is a native of Russia and her father married the woman through a sort of owl-order bride program.  Eliana doesn't speak much English and has never really had more than a few broken, hard-to-understand conversations with her daughter.  She is her husband's secretary and is always at work when he is.  It is sometimes all too obvious, and painfully so, that Harlee is an unwanted burden to them.  She was not planned and Eliana did not think she could have kids.  Once Harlee was born, she elected to become infertile so as to ensure there would be no more children.

Harlee is the only child and as such, she has a hard time sharing any attention with other children.  She is inclined to bully them for the spotlight and has been known to get into a physical fight.  Her biggest fear is that nobody likes her so she lashes out, not knowing how else to express herself as a six-year-old.  From the outside, however, she just looks like a spoiled, bratty little child.

She is a petite child, though most children seem rather small.  Light brown hair, usually tied with a pretty ribbon, adorns her head.  She has brilliant blue eyes and very light, very pale porcelain skin, a gift from her Russian mother.  Harlee prefers to wear frilly dresses, ruffled socks and Mary Jane shoes, thinking it makes her more grown-up than she currently is.

ROLEPLAY
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
It was not her hem of clothing that had been tugged upon, but she caught sight of the girl nevertheless.  She couldn’t be much younger than herself but she was obviously far more afraid.  Maybe it was because Harlee was more adjusted to caring for herself than this girl seemed to be.  Walking boldly up to the little girl, she tried to look friendly.  She liked attention and showing someone back to their mommy would surely earn some attention not to mention praise from the mommy. 

“Where did you come from?”  Harlee asked, her tiny voice sounding knowledgeable and brave.  “I bet I can show you back.”  She proclaimed, already midway towards grasping the girl’s hand and dragging her back out of the building.  “I know this place.  I know everywhere this place has.”  She said precociously, awaiting a reply, preferably in the affirmative.

Esme Vartan

(14/12/2011 at 16:27)
  • Lead Researcher, Supra Mortalitas
    • View Profile
Accepted!
I'm the opposite of moderate
immaculately polished.

♦♦♦

Tags: